Possible Photowalk Locations
- Redhill Estate
- Whampoa Estate
- Toa Payoh
- Jalan Besar (near the stadium)
- Owen Road Housing Estate
- JalanBukit Merah
- Bukit Ho Swee
- Sembawang area (there are some really old houses, but cannot remember the road)

Please add to the list if you can think of anywhere, especially when it is slated for demolition (en bloc) or in the midst of vacating the occupants. That would bump it up the list.

adding some ideas to it. feel free to remove them.

Katong/Marine Parade
Joo Chiat
Changi (near the Jetty)
Haig Road (Geylang)
Neo Tiew
Jalan Kayu

Last edited:
Some old school playgrounds that might be of interest

Toa Payoh Lor 7 - near Blk 2, Alien Animals type

2129118414_1ef025af36_m.jpg

Toa Payoh Lor 6 - Blk 28 opp SAFRA, Dragon type
2129118136_058beeeca2_m.jpg

Hey, I stayed on blk 28 toa payoh for 6 years LOL.
Moved out 2+ years ago cos they want to demolish it until now not demolished yet?
The view from 20th floor where I lived once is very nice, from far far away you can see orchard road (meritus mandarin hotel).
With 1000mm telescope you can actually see police academy also, but not much (covered with other building and trees).

Hey, I stayed on blk 28 toa payoh for 6 years LOL.
Moved out 2+ years ago cos they want to demolish it until now not demolished yet?
The view from 20th floor where I lived once is very nice, from far far away you can see orchard road (meritus mandarin hotel).
With 1000mm telescope you can actually see police academy also, but not much (covered with other building and trees).

I lived in that block from 1970 to 2000. ;)

I heard there is a change of plan. No more demolishing blk 28 and the few other blks around. Gonna refurish it all and lease out instead.

Thanks for that update.

damit, I moved out because they want to demolish now they change plan. :(
I like it there plus toa payoh is like 15 mins by MRT to my office.

hey hey i live in very near the playground.
but sadly i gotta say, Toa Payoh Lor 6 - Blk 28 opp SAFRA, Dragon type playground,
yes the government dept wanted to take those buildings back, however, they have cancelled the plan, and now,
the one at the playground is still under renovation.

Last edited:
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_397608.html

missed this news

THREE hawker centres at Block 1 Jalan Kukoh, Block 79/79A Circuit Road and Beo Crescent Market/Food Centre - will close for upgrading from Wednesday and reopen in the first half of next year.

I spent my childhood in Balam Road off Circuit Road, the Blk 79/79A hawker centre had pretty good Lor Mee

Check this out!

http://bukitmerahyouth.org/?p=239

Maybe we can have Radin Mas as a location next time. I'm just not too familiar with the area though.

I more than double the cut off age... bleah... ha ha ha...

I am familiar with that place. Practically grew up there.

Interested?

haha,got open and under 18 mah, i thought would be student and open,oh well,ah...i remember when i was slightly younger:bsmilie: me and my school mates or classmates will run around the neighbourhood not going home in search of something fun to do;p

The only thing about this competition is that need to write essay... :sticktong

Essay is not a problem though... time is... heehee... :sticktong

anyone keen to try photowalking the red-light districts?

how about commonwealth area? those flats behind the ex-new town pri sch. those blocks are pretty old also. but some had under gone face lift liao but not too sure if those on the inside inside area is upgraded or not also.

Portsdown Road - many black and white houses amidst lush greenary and a railway track. Best to go early morn when still misty and sun just shining through. Can also be reached via Tanglin Halt near indian temple by crossing railway track

Status
Not open for further replies.