Did anyone see an object from space fall from the sky today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
chun chun.. at that time..

i was jogging in the evening.. still remember!!

it left the smoke trail... it was Damn straight!

i lost sight of it after that as it was covered by a big lump of clouds after that.

anywayz it was a sight to remember. :)

Originally posted by Flare
Timing correct ah?

Originally posted by Flare
Er.... Hey could that "Meteorite" be that NASA satellite HETI which plunged into the atmosphere? The time was 10.55p.m. April 6 Eastern standard time... which will make it 7 April 6.55am, Sunday in Singapore....

Erm I hate to say this but .. :devil:

Eastern US Timezone (coastal) is -5 hrs GMT and daylight savings is in effect so it's -4hrs.

Singapore is +8 hrs GMT

Thus -4 +8 = +12 hrs time difference.

Therefore 10.55pm April 6 equals 10.55am April 7, not 6.55am as you stated.

qed.

Call in Scully and Mulder.:eek: Icematrix, quick! Stick a cross with masking tape on your window.

:devil: heheh.. now its a mystery.. or maybe i was the selected one to see it..

hmm the other ppl around me didnt seem to care also..

Err...anyone answered my question? Pretty confused bout the plane, birds and shooting stars answer....lol

Originally posted by Ian

Erm I hate to say this but .. :devil:

Eastern US Timezone (coastal) is -5 hrs GMT and daylight savings is in effect so it's -4hrs.

Singapore is +8 hrs GMT

Thus -4 +8 = +12 hrs time difference.

Therefore 10.55pm April 6 equals 10.55am April 7, not 6.55am as you stated.

qed.

Er... yah hor... mistaken for GMT...

Ian can explain day-light savings? Me cannot understand.. always read about it but dunnoe what is it...

Originally posted by icematrix
wish i had a DC with 10X zoom..

u think u can take picture of comet after u see it?

by the time u switch on your DC, it will be gone arleady

btw, i have seen comet also on the bridge to sentosa....was looking towards the sky and suddenly saw a bright and thick line across the sky....not only me, my friend also saw it too

i have seen many shooting star in taiwan, there are long but very thin....sometimes u can see 3-4 shooting stars in different direction at the same time....we tried to count shooting star with my buddy...count until 60+ and we fall asleep already....there were lots of stars too....it is like looking at those galaxy photo...the sky are filled with nothing but stars...u cannot find an dark & empty area in the sky

but this comet i saw is really thick....

No way...why didn't ya call me?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.