Desktop Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
aego M - 220
klipsch 2.0 ultra - 200

no other choices for compact solutions :p

Whoa.... I went to Challenger at Funan today and was completely lost. LOL! The Bose really caught my attention though but still undecided.

that happens when there's too many choices, but least you can do is shortlist some each time. say today see & heard 20, but there'll be some ugly looking or sounding 1s you can give them a miss. then there maybe some out of price range or too ig size, strike them off. then easier to pick wads best on your terms! :)

Whoa.... I went to Challenger at Funan today and was completely lost. LOL! The Bose really caught my attention though but still undecided.

If you are ready to spend $400 for the Bose, why not take a walk to Adelphi which is just across the bridge from Funan.

If you think Bose has caught your attention, then I really suggest you try out the speakers I have mentioned.

I like the Bose one but still planting money tree. hopefully can harvest soon. ;)

I just got Altec Lansing VS2421 - good value for money. think it is about $85 at Challenger. I got this over some others is because it comes with Aux in. Not all models allow Aux in which can be used to plug in mp3 players etc.

Anyway, this is only a 2 speaker system with woofer.

Ok guys! I made up my mind. I am sold on getting the Bose Companion 2. Where else can I buy it besides Challenger at Funan???? Thanks!!!!!

Atlas Hifi at Plaza Singapura or Millenia Walk...

I am using the Altec Lansing FX-4021 at the moment..

Looks something like this but only 2.1 channel:

http://www.alteclansing.com/index.php?file=north_product_detail&iproduct_id=fx5051

Cost less than $200.. dual 6.5" driver in the woofer unit.. not bad for the price..

Sounds ok..

But tonality wise.. both the bose or the altec lansing doesnt sounds as good as my new toy.. the zen x-fi with Aurvana Live! headphones.. hehe

ATP3 is a classic! I got mine for $49 5 years ago and it's still working fine, no excuse for upgrade :bsmilie:

yup yup, another ATP3 happy user here :D

It's enough for use with PC. MP3 won't sound any better than that.

If you are ready to spend $400 for the Bose, why not take a walk to Adelphi which is just across the bridge from Funan.

If you think Bose has caught your attention, then I really suggest you try out the speakers I have mentioned.

This one is another very good advice.

If you are prepared to pay premium price of Bose speakers, better go try other speakers within the same range of price. You'll be surprise to see that there are far better sounding speaker for the money. But then, most people are more willing to pay for fashion then for functionality :D

Space is more of an importance to me hence the Bose Companion sounds great without having the need of the sub woofer. Dang! So many things to buy! LOL!

After so much bickering and whining, I didn't even get what I initially wanted. LOL! Thank you to everyone for the recommendation anyway. I got the Creative T10 mainly because it is black and it looks 'nice' with my black monitor, black keyboard, black mouse, black desktop.... cheap and good!

Small and cool looking speakers that is. What's the damage?

Small and cool looking speakers that is. What's the damage?
S$79 at Challenger. Not too shabby and packs a punch. If you listen to techno a lot, this speaker isn't for you. The bass not that 'booming' compared to a 2.1 speakers with subwoofer. But if you listen to rock, metal and classical stuff, the high and mids coming from tweeter and main speaker will keep you smiling. :) Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.