Denmark - in 600nm IR

Blackgoddess

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
Hi bros & sisters,
Just came back from Denmark and would like to share some IR shots with you all. Bear in mind there are quite a number of them and if you're allergic to bright golden yellow and deep blue colors, you'll have to bear with them. I think i overdid the colors.:bsmilie:

As starters, i'll post some Pano shots.

#1 - Pano shot of the Christianborg Palace. The Danish Parliament still uses this building.
Copenhagen-ChristianborgSlotColorIRPanoResize.jpg

#2 - Pano shot of Copenhagen from the top of the Rundetarn / Round Tower, Copenhagen.
Copenhagen-RoundTowerPanoResize.jpg

#3 - Pano shot of Grenen, Northernmost tip of Denmark. 4 km from Skagen.
Grenen-GrenenPanoResize.jpg

#4 - Pano shot of Roskildefjord, Roskilde. This is where most Danish Viking ships start their journey for conquest.
Roskilde-RoskildefjordColorIRPanoResize.jpg

Last edited:
#5 - A 2 shot pano of Roskilde Park in Roskilde
Roskilde-RoskildeParkPanoResize.jpg

#6 - A shot of the Viking Ship Museum Workshop in Roskilde. They are trying to reproduce the Viking Ships of old at these workshops
Roskilde-RoskildeVIkingShipMuseumWorkshopPanoResize.jpg

#7 - A shot of the empty desolate areas around Skagen. This shot is near the Sand Buried CHurch, 5km from Skagen
Skagen-TilsandedeKirkeSurroundingPanoResize.jpg

#8 - This is the shot of the Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen. The Danish Royal Family still lives here
Copenhagen-AmalienborgPanoResize.jpg

#9 - A B&W shot of The Christianborg Palace in Copenhagen. The Danish Parliament is housed in this building.
Copenhagen-ChristianborgSlotBWIRPanoResize-1.jpg

Now to the single shots.....

COPENHAGEN

I'll start in Copenhagen because i took the most photos there.

#10 - Twin Cherubes...
Copenhagen-Twincherubescopy.jpg

#11 - The Borsbygningen Borsen. I believe it used to be a stock exchange back in medieval times.
Copenhagen-BorsbygningenBorsencopy.jpg

#12 - The Rosenborg Palace. Used to be where the Danish Royal Family stays but now it's a museum where the family exhibits their treasures
Copenhagen-RosenborgSlotcopy.jpg

#13 - Kongens Have / The Kings Garden. Pretty busy and packed as a sunbathing spot.
Copenhagen-KongensHave7copy.jpg

#14 - Hotel Nimb in Tivoli Gardens. Pretty Expensive though...
Copenhagen-HotelNimbColorIRPanoResize.jpg

Last edited:
#15 - Frederikskirkken or Marmokirkken (The Marble Church). Quite impressive because it's made of marble
Copenhagen-MarmokirkkeninColorIRcopy.jpg

#16 - Inside the Frederikskirkken
Copenhagen-InsidetheMarmokirkkencopy.jpg

#17 - St. Alban's Anglican Church. Only Anglican church in whole of Denmark. Situated near the statue of the Goddesss Gefion
Gefion-AnglicanchurchatGefioncopy.jpg

#18 - The Statue of the Norse Goddess Gefjun / Gefion. She's seen driving 4 bulls which are her sons
Gefion-Gefioncopy.jpg

#19 - A close up of the statue
Gefion-GefioninBWcopy.jpg

#20 - The Iconic Den Lille Havfrue Statue / Little Mermaid Statue. Here's in B&W. To be honest the statue was a let down as firstly it is a damn long distance to walk and secondly a lot of tourists (like me) who crowded around the statue and it's just a life-size statue which given it's surrounding doesn't quite stand out...Over-hyped
Gefion-TheLittlemermaidinBWIRcopy.jpg

#21 - Here's the same statue but in Color IR
Gefion-Thelittlemermaidcopy.jpg

#22 - Another angle of the Frederikskirkken
Copenhagen-MarmokirkkenPillarscopy.jpg

#23 - Kongens Nytorv (the Kings new Square). A particularly nicer square in Copenhagen
Copenhagen-KongensNytorvcopy.jpg

I'll move on to ROSKILDE.

#25 - Roskilde Domkirke / Roskilde Cathedral. This cathedral houses the remains of around 39 bodies of the previous Kings & Queens of Denmark starting with Harald Bluetooth, the First Viking King of Denmark who converted to Christianity. he himself is buried in one of the pillar tombs in the church. It was build by the Bishop Absalon in 1170. This church is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List and according to locals, the current king & queen / future ones will still be buried at this cathedral.
Roskilde-RoskildeDomkirke2copy.jpg

#26 - Roskilde Domkirke in B&W. Which version you prefer?
Roskilde-RoskildeDomkirkeinBWIRcopy.jpg

#27 - The path from the town center to Roskildefjord. You'll have to forgive me for oversaturating the colors here...but i like it though..
Roskilde-Averysaturatedpathcopy.jpg

#28 - Site of the medieval town of Roskilde. Notice the patch of dirt...
Roskilde-SiteofMediavalRoskildetowncopy.jpg

#29 - A shot of one of the many tombs in the cathedral
Roskilde-TombinRoskildeDomkirke2copy.jpg

#30 - Sitting alone....I saw this statue in the town and i thought it was unique
Roskilde-SittingaloneinRoskildecopy.jpg

Lastly, the town of SKAGEN and the areas of GRENEN, the most Northern tip of Denmark.

#31 - a shot in the town of Skagen...
Skagen-TheroundtowerinSkagen2copy.jpg

#32 - The Tilsandede Kirkke / The Sand Buried Church. It was erected in the 14th Century and was known as St. Laurence Church until sometime in the 17th century, the sand dunes moved in to bury the church..the part thats seen is actually the top part of the church tower.
Skagen-TilsandedeKirke1copy.jpg

#33 - The Road to Grenen
Grenen-TheroadtoGrenen2copy.jpg

#34 - A house & a light house
Grenen-AnEmptyhouseandalighthousecopy.jpg

#35 - A house in a field of Golden
Grenen-Ahouseinafieldofgoldcopy.jpg

#36 - The view of the landmass that leads to Grenen. This was taken from the top of the lighthouse.
Grenen-Grenenfromthelighthousecopy.jpg

#37 - More empty areas...
Grenen-ThepathtoGrenencopy.jpg

#38 - All around is just sand dunes and empty spaces in Grenen......really desolate
Grenen-Desolatewastelandscopy.jpg

#39 - Here it is, the tip of Denmark. Grenen. A bit anti-climatic though. This is where the North sea (on the left of the picture) meets the Baltic sea (on the right of the picture). I thought there would be some high waves and clashing sea scenes but as can be seen....well, it just looks like any other seascapes...
Grenen-Grenen1copy.jpg

well, that's all for this album....for more pix, you can visit here http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/Judewong/2011%20Denmark%20in%20Infrared%20600nm/

THANKS FOR VIEWING!!

Bro your shots very :thumbsup:

Btw, you got attended any black metal gig over there boh :devil: got pics of the gig to share boh?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Awesome pics! Very nice!

Nice series bro :)
Lovely photos

Thanks bro!

Bro your shots very :thumbsup:

Btw, you got attended any black metal gig over there boh :devil: got pics of the gig to share boh?

Cheers :)

TQ SDW! i wish there were some Black Metal gigs in Denmark though. The only famous ones from Denmark are King Diamond (although he's not BM but he's so darn influential) and Panzerchrist. If i really get a chance to go to Norway, Sweden and Finland, i'll definitely go for sure.

BTW, are you going to Morbid Angel's gig this wednesday at D'marquee? I'm going bro!:devil:

Awesome pics! Very nice!

Hi Adnix, thanks for your kind words! :)

Nice collection and this is my favorite.

Bro, Thanks for your encouragements!. This is all possible due to your great work on modding my cam to 600nm. :). Then i found out how to make the leaves golden although i'm not sure if it comes close to an actual Goldie filter. :think:

Is it natural for IR photos to have some slight fringing at the corners of the photos? I found some of my shots when zoomed in bigger had some slight fringing / maybe some Chromatic Abberation? Is it due to the characteristics of the UWA EF-S 10-22mm or is it characteristic of IR photos?

Love this series!