dDSLR dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also consider the Minolta A1, 5MP model. You should be able to get it very good price now. Features, excellent AF, anti-shake, nice zoom range 28-200mm. It's best value for money for those looking at prosumer level digicam.

With your SLR experience you can't go wrong. The basic operation is quite similar. Operation modes: Auto, Shutter priority, Aperture Priority and full manual. You change ISO on the fly instead of changing film. All you need a few hours of practice, it's digital shoot as many as you like.

For digital it's not only the lens that determines quality of picture. You also need good sensor (low noise) and good image processing system. Image processing and AF requires experience and that's where traditional camera companies like Canon, Nikon, Olympus and minolta stands out of the crowd.

Caussway said:
You can also consider the Minolta A1, 5MP model. You should be able to get it very good price now. Features, excellent AF, anti-shake, nice zoom range 28-200mm. It's best value for money for those looking at prosumer level digicam.

With your SLR experience you can't go wrong. The basic operation is quite similar. Operation modes: Auto, Shutter priority, Aperture Priority and full manual. You change ISO on the fly instead of changing film. All you need a few hours of practice, it's digital shoot as many as you like.

For digital it's not only the lens that determines quality of picture. You also need good sensor (low noise) and good image processing system. Image processing and AF requires experience and that's where traditional camera companies like Canon, Nikon, Olympus and minolta stands out of the crowd.

You have point there.....but somehow or rather.....my heart is with the d70....i am not too sure why...probably just comfortable using nikon all this while......

:confused:

Get a used digicam. Sorry I am not familiar with Nikon models, but something like a Canon G3 or G5. G3 kits are selling for around $700. If you don't like it, sell it off, no big loss.

If you have the budget for D70 go for it. Get it with kit lens. The kit lens is a real bargain. You current film body lenses will not be wide enough for D70. Nikon have IT SHOW promotion now, good time grab one. All the best.

Me also thinking to upgrade to DSLR ;) . But I'll wait till later part of this year. Budget issue :embrass: . Not just the body but lenses + Flash + Tripod + big CF............... the list goes on.

Caussway said:
If you have the budget for D70 go for it. Get it with kit lens. The kit lens is a real bargain. You current film body lenses will not be wide enough for D70. Nikon have IT SHOW promotion now, good time grab one. All the best.

Me also thinking to upgrade to DSLR ;) . But I'll wait till later part of this year. Budget issue :embrass: . Not just the body but lenses + Flash + Tripod + big CF............... the list goes on.

Supposing i miss this IT show........do you know when is the next photo or IT show.....?

:)

Wait till 2nd half ( if you have the patience). When there are plenty of stocks around, you may find a better deal. Incase canon release a competitive model ;) then D70 price may slide. It's just my opinion..

Caussway said:
Wait till 2nd half ( if you have the patience). When there are plenty of stocks around, you may find a better deal. Incase canon release a competitive model ;) then D70 price may slide. It's just my opinion..
Didn't you read about someone telling that a camera is better than another because it came out earlier? The thousands of shots that would have been taken instead of waiting...

Aiyah! If you want to buy, go buy! Don't waste unnecessary time comparing the specs, and talk the empty talk of which camera is better. Think the time is better spent, if you decide on one fast, get it, and shoot shoot shoot!

Remember, it's the person behind the camera that would churn out those superb shots! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.