D90 User Group (V)

Good day everyone, After hearing the D800E announcement, i am more curious to know:

Did anyone tried to remove anti aliasing filter from D90? what is the effect in picture quality?
If so, how difficult and where/how to remove it?

I don't mind having those artifacts.

Check here but expensive.

mackie8 said:
where can i buy original battery for D90? it seems like everywhere no stock... do they stop manufacturing batteries as well?
is it safe to buy 3rd party?

SLRR @ Funan! OEM for SGD49. But if I were you just try first the 3rd party REVO. It works well with my OEM on my MBD80 for only SGD18. Cheers!

Check here but expensive.

Thanks! seems like removal is simple but after that replacement material and calibration will be a more painful process. But I am surprised that if it sharpness related then why we are not looking into this option and no modification done in singapore...!!?

SLRR @ Funan! OEM for SGD49. But if I were you just try first the 3rd party REVO. It works well with my OEM on my MBD80 for only SGD18. Cheers!

hi, where did you purchase this Revo batt?

erm... stats are interesting...

But in the end still no one buying?

I think market price is not set by a fixed depreciation rate... but rather demand and supply. A more accurate reflection of "market price" should be taking an average of the prices the D90 is actually exchanging hands now in BnS now...
u only say the right thing.

BTW, you can get new D90 body only with all the freebies, with warranty for around 1k SGD in Malaysia. Warranty in MY.

oh man this info is precious. anyone make a trip to Johor soon? Go together.

hello guys, any idea if its possible to increase the bracketing shots to more than 3?

if not i guess will have to control it manually under the exposure value?

Yup. You'd have to take your shots manually and set the exposure accordingly :)

Shoot 3 shots with zero setting for exposure. Then set to over or under and shoot another 3 shots. Hope this helps

thank you guys!

Hello all,

I'm considering to get the nikon 17 - 55 f2.8 DX lens for my D90. I'm wondering if there's any member in here can share their experience with this lens? If there is any images with this lens also be appreciate. :)

If there is any other suggestions on any other lens, I do appreciate as well :)

It is a good and sharp lens, but I know several photographers who think it is over priced for a DX lens.

It is a good and sharp lens, but I know several photographers who think it is over priced for a DX lens.

Yes, I do agree with you, Checked on the price, around 2K (From Technogadgets)

But not sure if there is any other user which do have any advice on this?

I wanted to go for other 3rd party like tamron, tokina, sigma, then again I was quite reluctant to move to them. IQ might be compromised.. I guess..

Read reviews and feedback from net which most of them is positive as well..

Ahh... just to mention that I have got a 2K ++ budget to go with the new lens, previously was considering the 24 -70 f2.8 which I do think is not a good to go option, as that's a FX lens.. :)

24-70mm is too big for D90
17-55mm is good, esp if you dun have any plans on going to FX.

Just got my 17-55, haven't really used it yet, but will definitely compare it with my Tamron 17-50mm non VC, in which, served me very well

RuineD said:
Hello all,

I'm considering to get the nikon 17 - 55 f2.8 DX lens for my D90. I'm wondering if there's any member in here can share their experience with this lens? If there is any images with this lens also be appreciate. :)

If there is any other suggestions on any other lens, I do appreciate as well :)

This is one of e trinity lens dat PG look for n use. Constant big f2.8 aperture maximise lens capability in low lighting for zoom lens. Primes lens is better in low lighting but with no zoom. U got a fairly wide to a short tele with 17-55 lens. Its versatile.

Oh, its heavy n expensive. I have it but only used for some family functions n weddings. For normal outings, i prefer primes as it is light

Using d90 with 24-70 and grip. Loved the combo, haven't really require to switch lens on the shoots I went so far. Do note that without the grip while using 24-70 will tire your wrists easily. Had considered 17-55 but was worried on the aspects on future upgrades and went straight into 24-70
Never regretted since.