D810 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Price is controlled now by NSC from what I gathered. Same price across Alan Photo, TK & MS Color. Presume same for rest of the shops...
Anyhow, the price is surprisingly cheaper that D800e, which I was actively surveyed and almost committed prior to the introduction of D810....

MS Color, TK Foto and Cathay Photo quoted $3959 for cash payment.
I got mine for just under $39xx from Orient Photo at 6th Flr Sim Lim Square. It is local Nikon warranty set and comes with ScanDisk 8gb SD card and Nikon bag. :)

Price is controlled now by NSC from what I gathered. Same price across Alan Photo, TK & MS Color. Presume same for rest of the shops...
Anyhow, the price is surprisingly cheaper that D800e, which I was actively surveyed and almost committed prior to the introduction of D810....

I got my D800 at $4K back then....

MS Color, TK Foto and Cathay Photo quoted $3959 for cash payment.
I got mine for just under $39xx from Orient Photo at 6th Flr Sim Lim Square. It is local Nikon warranty set and comes with ScanDisk 8gb SD card and Nikon bag. :)

hmm look gd for the price.. but cash.. I'm not going to risk carry it around also I dont think I can draw more then $2k per day.

Thinking to upgrade my d600 to d810, but wonder if it has the same 'bug' in live view mode where the physical aperture is stuck at previous shot's aperture. (Set to f/11, goto live view picture mode, the picture is super dark coz its at f/11 instead of f/1.4)

hmm look gd for the price.. but cash.. I'm not going to risk carry it around also I dont think I can draw more then $2k per day.

You can use credit card or Nets for 2% more.

Will get one at Christmas time when its selling for $3550-3600 without the useless freebies (8gb card is shameful for large file size camera!) and totally bug free. :D

Last edited:
I am pleasantly surprised. Cheaper than a D800 at launch. Nice.

Exactly...... they prob save $200 just in the assembly per unit cost alone...what happened to Nikons "unofficial" Policy on pro bodies being made in Japan anyways??

Maybe more than $200 considering the labor costs, fixed costs and logistics costs from Thailand to spore....

Will get one at Christmas time when its selling for $3550-3600 without the useless freebies (8gb card is shameful for large file size camera!) and totally bug free. :D

too bad sg dont have black friday sale.. anyway there is no sale in sg also..

wow HWZ put the retail price is $4888....