D800 for wedding photography

Cowseye said:
Even if not from a D3s, there are ppl like me, who hadn't a D3(s), have a huge resistant to get D4 due to the unaffordable XQD card. Just not comfortable shooting with only one card in slot for damage card mitigation.

Speaking of XQD, there isn't any further development on that particular format...

oooh, my bad. my S$6.5K++ are grey goods.

D3s's ergonomics is not that friendly to people with smaller hands esp. when shooting in portraiture mode, of course, this is a case of 'YMMV'.

the new D4's portraiture mode shooting is a huge improvement due to the implementation of the smaller direction control 'joystick'.

anyway, its certainly a big thing for me since I have a pair of small hands! kekekeke :bsmilie:

Don't flame me, but my hands are huge enough to actually reach the large dial instead of the small one :bsmilie:

Note on the portrait is a painful thing on the thumb when shooting whole day on the 24-70 + SB900/910. The little 'notch' that the thumb supports, tends to weigh down on the thumb and it kind of hurts over time.

Even if not from a D3s, there are ppl like me, who hadn't a D3(s), have a huge resistant to get D4 due to the unaffordable XQD card. Just not comfortable shooting with only one card in slot for damage card mitigation.

XQD isn't all that unaffordable if you ship it in from Amazon. They're selling much cheaper than CP. In fact, the 2pieces 32GB XQDs I shipped in, including shipping, barely hits the asking price of CP's 32GB (1 piece).

The speed is fascinating, shooting dual, my XQD always finishes writing way ahead of the CF. But with a 53 RAW buffer, don't really see the worry on speed.

Thinking of shipping in another piece of 32GB.

Speaking of XQD, there isn't any further development on that particular format...

Lexar has launched it's XQD version and also a XQD reader.

Will take some time I guess.

now you mention that, it was one of my concerns too, and probably still one of the concerns for those who decided not to take up the D4.

Don't flame me, but my hands are huge enough to actually reach the large dial instead of the small one :bsmilie:

Note on the portrait is a painful thing on the thumb when shooting whole day on the 24-70 + SB900/910. The little 'notch' that the thumb supports, tends to weigh down on the thumb and it kind of hurts over time.

good for u.

huat ah!

I got my 32GB XQD for $170 a piece... and by gosh it is a lot faster than the x1000 Lexar CF. And the scary part is, mine is the H-series, which is not the fastest one. S-series is very much faster I heard.

I got my 32GB XQD for $170 a piece... and by gosh it is a lot faster than the x1000 Lexar CF. And the scary part is, mine is the H-series, which is not the fastest one. S-series is very much faster I heard.

Same, using the H series (125mb/s) is already very fast. S-series is rated at 168mb/s. Technically 33% faster than H-series. No money to order one. Very happy with a the H-series, a few more would suffice.

But like I said, with the large buffer of 53, there isn't really anything to fret for the usual shooters to really need the H-series.

daredevil123 said:

Bro, can share your source?

Bro, can share your source?

Amazon. But need to time your purchase according to the major sales. And I have friends who hand carry back to me.

Next big sale is Memorial Day end of May.

daredevil123 said:
Amazon. But need to time your purchase according to the major sales. And I have friends who hand carry back to me.

Next big sale is Memorial Day end of May.

Thanks bro