D7100 or D610

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are members who dont get my point.

I seriously accept that skill play an important part in photography n this is why people r willing to pay more for a better photographer to take pictures.

But which professional photographer uses a d3100 + kit lens to take photos? Since everyone agree that its the skill that matters? y most wedding photographer uses canon mk 2 or 3 with L len?

another question, y ppl upgrade their body n buy better len instead of using this $$ to attend courses to upgrade their skill?

DD123 did gave me good advises n I really appreaciate that.

its those ppl who give those newbies advises like, its the 30cm behind the camera that matters n nv gave any useful information, which of course they dont own them a living.

imagine next time when u r deciding with restaurant to eat n u ask ur friend,

hey bro which jap restaurant to intro
and he reply u, bro its the 40cm behind that wok that matters.

how would u feel

I seriously accept that skill play an important part in photography n this is why people r willing to pay more for a better photographer to take pictures.

But which professional photographer uses a d3100 + kit lens to take photos? Since everyone agree that its the skill that matters? y most wedding photographer uses canon mk 2 or 3 with L len?

another question, y ppl upgrade their body n buy better len instead of using this $$ to attend courses to upgrade their skill?

its those ppl who give those newbies advises like, its the 30cm behind the camera that matters n nv gave any useful information, which of course they dont own them a living.

how would u feel

And what point is that? Are you TS?

BTW, you know it is against CS policy to have clone accounts?

Anyway, at your restaurant analogy. What matters more for the food? The food taste itself (skill of chef) or the price of the cutlery/cookware/decorations they use?

Last edited:
Bingo! Thanks bro, you know what I am getting at. You are one experienced and skillful birder. That is why you understand. There is a place for both FF and APS-C. In the end, a lot depends on the situation at hand.

The answer is: #1 and #3 were shot with D7100. #2 and #4 were shot with D4. Just want to make a point that the apparent IQ difference of a APS-C versus FF is not as evident and simple as it seems.

BTW, I am not an experienced birder. I only started birding end of last year unlike great birder photographers like Turbo here.

In case anyone is interested to know here are the shooting parameters for each shot:

#1 - D7100, ISO 2000, 600mm F5.6 (300/2.8 + 2xTC), 1/800s
#2 - D4, ISO 500, 600mm F5.6 (300/2.8 + 2xTC), 1/640s
#3 - D7100, ISO 2000, 600mm F5.6 (300/2.8 + 2xTC), 1/200s
#4 - D4, ISO 3200, 600mm F5.6 (300/2.8 + 2xTC), 1/500s

I also agree on this.

In fact, there's many posts out there that compare differences between Nikon and Canon cameras, in terms of picture quality, colours, etc.

Infinite factors and possibilities.

And yes, skill is most important.

Equipment is dependent on what you are shooting.

And what point is that? Are you TS?

BTW, you know it is against CS policy to have clone accounts?

Anyway, at your restaurant analogy. What matters more for the food? The food taste itself (skill of chef) or the price of the cutlery/cookware/decorations they use?
wat matters is the way n content he/she reply.
I changed my user name only la.

actually my point is pretty obvious le

wat matters is the way n content he/she reply.
I changed my user name only la.

actually my point is pretty obvious le

Username change is requested through the Admins. And that change is effected on your current account. Having a clone account is not allowed here in ClubSNAP.

Oops paiseh read wrongly, I guess it's rhino123 who was looking for a 400/5.6 not Turbo :embrass:

how would u feel

What analogy is this?

I've seen great chefs at work with the skimpiest of equipment, old worn out cast iron woks, and cheap knives made if nothing more than a simple low grade stainless steel blade and handle.

They cooked up (no pun intended) excellent cuisines.

Great examples are some of the zhi char stalls in coffee shops in HDB flats.

Back to the 30 cm behind the camera advice given by most photographers... it IS a great advice. And I believe most of them wouldn't want to repeat the same instructions that you can find in most photography sites.

A pro is able to give you good pics with a D3100 and kit 18-55 lens. Composition, lighting, you name it.

in fact, I know of pros that leave their clunky full frames and lenses behind, and go travelling with their phones, compact or m43, and got excellent shots.

Username change is requested through the Admins. And that change is effected on your current account. Having a clone account is not allowed here in ClubSNAP.
DD123 can u help me to delete my bt5100 acc. thanks

What analogy is this?

I've seen great chefs at work with the skimpiest of equipment, old worn out cast iron woks, and cheap knives made if nothing more than a simple low grade stainless steel blade and handle.

They cooked up (no pun intended) excellent cuisines.

Great examples are some of the zhi char stalls in coffee shops in HDB flats.

Back to the 30 cm behind the camera advice given by most photographers... it IS a great advice. And I believe most of them wouldn't want to repeat the same instructions that you can find in most photography sites.

A pro is able to give you good pics with a D3100 and kit 18-55 lens. Composition, lighting, you name it.

in fact, I know of pros that leave their clunky full frames and lenses behind, and go travelling with their phones, compact or m43, and got excellent shots.
I think u dont get it.

btw wat camera n lens r u using? mind I swap my fuji 5mega pixel compact camera with u since its abt the skill only?

how abt another example.
bro what is a good laptop or smart phone should I buy huh?

oh its the person behind the smart phone or laptop that matters, I got a friend who uses nokia 3100 who r able to can can memorise all the road in sg so he dont need gps n also he uses he Pentium 1 with play counter strike n kill many terroist

how would u feel

not that we don't understand where u are coming from.
there are reasons behind why we gave u those advises.
and also in the first place u didn't state what photography u are into and u only mentioned about portraits later on and someone bring out bird photography and u just join in the discussions. its just like asking your friend which restaurant is the best without stating the type of cuisine,well u mentioned Jap restaurant probably u are more well versed into food.
if u simply want someone to advise u between these 2 cameras only,then i would say the choice is clear.
the more expensive camera is generally the better camera especially u are comparing among the same brand and this holds 100% true.
and there is an additional features which is not stated is that it helps to boost ego to show off and tricking oneself that it automatically gives better photos(u have to take note on this).and if u are paying more for those extra features,u have to know what are they for and when to use it...etc

and my last advise for u is that there is no 1 best camera that fits all purpose even the most expensive ones.

Last edited:
I think u dont get it.

btw wat camera n lens r u using? mind I swap my fuji 5mega pixel compact camera with u since its abt the skill only?

how abt another example.
bro what is a good laptop or smart phone should I buy huh?

oh its the person behind the smart phone or laptop that matters, I got a friend who uses nokia 3100 who r able to can can memorise all the road in sg so he dont need gps n also he uses he Pentium 1 with play counter strike n kill many terroist

Your analogies are too farfetched and not valid. The previous comments were made because in the context of apsc vs ff, both are excellent formats capable of the intended purpose e.g. Birding if u know what you are doing and thus it boils down to the photographer's skills. Your analogies suggest comparison on totally non-equal grounds.

Your argument seems really childish to me.

Alamak! Shld have bought from you! Haiz...

My friend might have one for sale as i told him i posted mine for sale and he asked me to help him sell also.
His 600mm is supposed to arrived last sat but delay to tomorrow and he will be leaving for KL tomorrw to collect his lens and back on Sunday.U can consider within these few days and send me a PM if u are keen :)

+1 People see the nice photos others post and think they can get the same quality of shots if only they have the equipment. No one sees the sweats, tears, curses and pain of the fingers from pressing delete button.

There is no shortcut. There is no magic settings. There is no magic equipment combo.

haha...agree man :D

Waste of time & energy, appreciates no one, understand nothing & argue with everyone. I read through thread again from beginning to end, it is TS who divert to this pet subject of gears vs skills on his own. Who mentioned about 30cm behind the camera but yourself? Don't think you want advice, more like corroboration on what you already determined on, & you get upset when you don't hear what you like to hear.

When asking for advice or opinions, take what you deem useful & leave the rest. Thank everyone for their contribution even if you disagree with them. This is not a debate. Poor analogies & still don't get the point :(

Last edited:
Waste of time & energy, appreciates no one, understand nothing & argue with everyone. I read through thread again from beginning to end, it is TS who divert to this pet subject of gears vs skills on his own. Who mentioned about 30cm behind the camera but yourself? Don't think you want advice, more like corroboration on what you already determined on, & you get upset when you don't hear what you like to hear.

When asking for advice or opinions, take what you deem useful & leave the rest. Thank everyone for their contribution even if you disagree with them. This is not a debate. Poor analogies & still don't get the point :(
u sure u read through the entire thread?
or u r here to ma ho pow

u sure u read through the entire thread?
or u r here to ma ho pow

Don't beat about the bush, don't need to insinuate. If you disagree with someone you can always reply with quote & address the concern or issue? Why "complain" indirectly? Or are you apprehensive, scared because the person is a senior member, moderator &/or highly experienced member :)

Last edited:
No need to get all riled up. Some people derive joy out of the process of photography itself. Some people get satisfaction from photos they create. Some people derive joy out of gear. Some people find self worth in the "level" of gear they show. I think it is pointless to go on.

Thread closed.

To TS: Don't ever create a clone account ever again. This is in direct violation of ClubSNAP rules and regulations you agreed to when you registered. You will banned without notice in the future if you do this again. Your old account will be queued for deregistration.

PS to the rest. In the end, only the image matters. Relac and have a cup of kopi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.