D7000 users (Part 4)

One question, how much do sensor cleaning cost? and i recently came across a speck of black dot on my viewfinder, it's not on my lens, then i tired using a blower still persist, where can that dot be? any idea?

Don't think you will see dot on sensor through viewfinder. Most probably the dot is on the mirror or viewfinder itself.

Last edited:
Don't think you will see dot on sensor through viewfinder. Most probably the dot is on the mirror or viewfinder itself.

maybe he can try using a blower, if still cannot means it's inside the viewfinder which is normal.

sensor cleaning can be done on your own. don't have to waste the $20 n time to travel to get it cleaned. Youtube has tons of videos on sensor cleaning. go watch it and see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. I do my own sensor cleaning. ;)

PS: Actually, you are cleaning the low pass filter on the D7000, not the sensor.

SkimMilk said:
sensor cleaning can be done on your own. don't have to waste the $20 n time to travel to get it cleaned. Youtube has tons of videos on sensor cleaning. go watch it and see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. I do my own sensor cleaning. ;)

PS: Actually, you are cleaning the low pass filter on the D7000, not the sensor.

I shall go take a look! Thanks!

hi guys, im a new d7000 user for almost a month now. its all worth it upgrading to semi pro. :)

hi guys, im a new d7000 user for almost a month now. its all worth it upgrading to semi pro. :)

Great camera won't go wrong with, this camera , shoot more, practice more and soon you'll be as good as the pros... :)

Welcome, and hope you enjoy yr new Cam. I have been using for 2 years and did not regret getting it.

thanks guys. :) by the way, what would be the best dx wide angle lens ideal for interior/architectural photography (which works well with our d7k)?

jes9801 said:
thanks guys. :) by the way, what would be the best dx wide angle lens ideal for interior/architectural photography (which works well with our d7k)?

I have to say is the tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Just got mine recently too, you can read up on it first. :)

I got some mirror dust, out of warranty so have to clean myself. What is the easiest idiot proof method? Dare I spoil my prized possession.

abhaysahai said:
I got some mirror dust, out of warranty so have to clean myself. What is the easiest idiot proof method? Dare I spoil my prized possession.

Just get a rocket blower to blow out the dust.

I have bought a second hand D7k a few days ago and found some brown stains on my pictures even changing lenses and using the clean sensor feature didn't help.
I have contacted Nikon too they asked me to send it over for them to see. Anyone with such problem?
Thanks