D700 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
now the big question, how much is it in Singapore?
when will it be on the shelves?

can i sell my post count?

according to Chngpe01,

it will either be less than
1) $2700 if released in July
2) $3600 if released in August
3) $4500 if released in september :sweat:

following his savings plan of $900 per month since April :) or if you count april as one month, then you have to add $900 bucks to the above numbers......

according to Chngpe01,

following his savings plan of $900 per month since April :) or if you count april as one month, then you have to add $900 bucks to the above numbers......

great, now, do you want to buy my post count?

according to Chngpe01,

Going by the US RRP of US$2999, think it'll be around S$4000-S$4500 on release.
Guess release date of end July/early August - so add $900 bucks to your price in #2 and you have about 4500.

great, now, do you want to buy my post count?

Maybe you can sell your title as a moderator, it should be able to fetch a higher price!

Maybe your Nick too...Ortega is already a popular 'brand' in CS Nikon section ;)

now the big question, how much is it in Singapore?
when will it be on the shelves?

can i sell my post count?

Would be good if I can get a dollar for every post. ;p I'm expecting it to be released only after the Olympics but I might be wrong.

the oni thing i hope the D300 below 2K when the D700 is out...hahaha

Ok, got to go and quene up at Singapore Pools Counter during lunch time.

the oni thing i hope the D300 below 2K when the D700 is out...hahaha

got chance if nikon price D700 closer to 5DII intro price. current 5D is 3.3K, it was intro at 4.3K iirc.

SB-900 also Official on the Nikon-Europe website..

Speedlight SB-900
Professional i-TTL Speedlight compatible with Nikon FX and DX format SLRs, and part of the Nikon Creative Lighting System. This powerful Speedlight offers photographers extensive creative opportunities for their flash photography. Three illumination patterns - Centre-weighted, Even and Standard - provide total control over flash coverage and it covers a class-leading auto zoom range of 17-200mm in just 1.2 seconds. Advanced features include a booster circuit that enables high-speed recycling using four AA-type batteries and a built-in thermal protection system to warn of excessive heat build up. The SB-900 can automatically detect the presence of a fluorescent or incandescent color filter and transmit this information to the attached camera’s white balance setting, and its firmware can be upgraded via the camera body.

Specs
Professional i-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX format SLR cameras.
Compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns: Centre-weighted mode concentrates illumination to the centre of the frame, useful when using a telephoto lens. Even mode diffuses light evenly across the frame, useful when taking group shots. Standard mode offers a standard balance of power and light distribution.
17-200mm auto zoom range: covered in just 1.2 seconds. 14mm zoom range when using built-in diffuser or Speedlight dome.
Automatic detection of sensor format: automatically recognises FX or DX format cameras.
High-speed recycling time of 2.2 seconds, using four AA-type batteries.
Intuitive interface with large LCD screen and 3 all-purpose switches that can be individually configured.
AF-Assist illumination: compatible with Multi-CAM3500 FX / DX AF sensors.
Bounce capability: rotates horizontally 180º to right and left, tilts up to 90º and down to 11º.
Thermal protection system: programmable to warn of excessive heat build up during high intensity firing.
Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the attached camera’s white balance settings when a fluorescent or incandescent color filter is used.
Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.

Over the past 2-3 years... I've been fighting a deadly BBB-virus... resisted D200, D80 and D300...

I'm gonna surrender to the virus!

Found the following diff with D3:

1) No 5:4 auto cropping
2) 95% Viewfinder view (100% on D3)
3) 0.72x VF magnification (0.7x on D3)
4) Pop-up flash (of course :bsmilie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.