D600 User Thread II

Still can't believe a D610 is really coming already this year... :|

Great time to buy d600 or a second d600 backup woots~

Nikon need more sales for FX bodies .. so easier to create some news to make public aware Nikon is around .. maybe if they remove AA filter for D610 ..

Nikon need more sales for FX bodies .. so easier to create some news to make public aware Nikon is around .. maybe if they remove AA filter for D610 ..

They need to remove more than the AA filter to get back their customers.... (aka Oil/Dust)....:rolleyes:

Before warranty end, I'll go and try to change another new shutter. :p

Kind of like the D600, always giving me new shutter. Hope D610 too.

Before warranty end, I'll go and try to change another new shutter. :p

Kind of like the D600, always giving me new shutter. Hope D610 too.

High chance to change to new D610 now if your dust/oil unable to solve even multi-shutter changes by NSC.

Wonders how much D600 price will drop for retail/grey/resale...lol

Hoping the D600 drops to $2K or lower.

Get another one to abuse, then send in change shutter before warranty out.

Shiok.

Wondering if they can change to the new shutter mechanism in the D610 since everything seems the same.

Shiok.

Of course! Otherwise remaining sell to who? I'll expect it much lower..

Shiok.

They sell cheap I (also wont) Buy.... :rolleyes::nono:........ imagine every month go NSC do cleaning..... like machiam the gal every month auntie come like that.... troublesome..... buy camera to shoot not to clean....

High chance to change to new D610 now if your dust/oil unable to solve even multi-shutter changes by NSC.

Mine doesn't have the issue, but still nonetheless, got a new shutter some time back. Now trying to see how to get another new one.

If the prices of existing d600s start dropping till extremely attractive price points like 1600 sgd for a relatively new one, this camera is seriously worth snapping up as a second body!

If the prices of existing d600s start dropping till extremely attractive price points like 1600 sgd for a relatively new one, this camera is seriously worth snapping up as a second body!

Grey d600 nw $2.1k, if d610 cheaper say $2k.
Purely speculative..
To make d600 still attractive lets sayy $1.8k?
So for resale w/o warranty $1.6k np or lower bah..

Saber I think you got the wrong exchange rate haha. It's 2k usd. Haven't add in local retailer must eat profit etc. I'm guessing 2450~

DDelectronics advertising 2.6K SGD. Woo-hoo!

Lol. 400-500 more for almost the same thing. Seriously nikon?

Lol. 400-500 more for almost the same thing. Seriously nikon?

That's from DD Electronics.

1. Not an authorized dealer.
2. There may be a premium for scarcity.

Strictly speaking the SG MSRP of a D600 is still 3K, and that of a 6D is still 2.7K. :p And I just walked by a Courts that is still advertising those prices.

There's a bit of pricing crisis now in the US, if you read Thom Hogan's news updates. Not inconceivable that we have a similar dilemma here. Dealers not happy their still-in-stock D600 being seriously devalued, etc. Dealers that managed to offload all their stock before this are the fortunate ones. Some dealers (like digitalrev) that still have D600 in-stock are not advertising their price of the D610 yet. Interestingly Nikon SG is also not displaying the MSRP yet.

We'll see how this mess plays out in the coming three weeks - D610 starts shipping end of the month!

Personally, I know I won't pay $xxx more than what a Canon 6D costs.