D600 Full Frame announced! (not official yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ageha said:
Why should anybody want to shoot with a DX lens on a 24MP only full-frame body anyway?

Only the Nikon technologies can be suit your more on budget cost.
Cause most of Nikon user was comes from DX user.
From the Nikon user still have bigger benefit can enjoy with DX lenses in FX body.

The reason why, if you may consider to shoot full time in the DX lens, you only need D3200 at 24MP.

The FX body when used with a DX lens is called additional feature to holding both of lenses.
either you want keep the DX 35mm f1.8G or 17-55mm f2.8G or sell them off and buy all new FX lens.

rain5533 said:
Only the Nikon technologies can be suit your more on budget cost.
Cause most of Nikon user was comes from DX user.
From the Nikon user still have bigger benefit can enjoy with DX lenses in FX body.

The reason why, if you may consider to shoot full time in the DX lens, you only need D3200 at 24MP.

The FX body when used with a DX lens is called additional feature to holding both of lenses.
either you want keep the DX 35mm f1.8G or 17-55mm f2.8G or sell them off and buy all new FX lens.

Just saying if you intend to shoot in DX mode better buy a D800/E with more MP.

ageha said:
Just saying if you intend to shoot in DX mode better buy a D800/E with more MP.

I think what he meant is that with the FX camera, you have Te flexibility of using both DX and FX lenses. And DX lenses are lighter therefore he uses them when he travels. Correct?

Cheesecake said:
As long as he song, who cares? Kekeke

Huat ah!!

True ah. Haha. Whatever the case, let the camera be released first then say to buy or not to buy xD few more day to release date only. So anxious for what? Haha

I wonder what the road map for DX will be with the introduction of the D600.

With a 24MP FX sensor and what, presumably, made the D7000 a winner, it is hard to see why you would need a high end DX camera. I think a high MP, high fps D300 class of camera may have little relevance with the introduction of the D600, D800 and the D4.

Last edited:
Because the D600 won't be a budget sports/ action shooters camera like the D300s is. There are situations where crop factor is desirable.
I personally believe there will be a replacement for the D300s, with grade A construction, high FPS and a huge buffer. None of which the D600 will have.

I was a Nikon D300s user, and the reasons for the choice were:

- a very adequate 12MP sensor
- 6 fps
- 51-point AF
- large buffer

The higher build quality and other stuff were good to have, but not critical for my use.

I have since switched to a D7000, and have found that other than the buffer, it is able to match the D300s (even with the 39-point AF). If anything, the newer 16MP sensor makes it superior over the D300s.

If the D600 were to take the good parts of the D7000, and throw in a 24MP FX sensor, it would be a very compelling camera for many.

There may still be a case for a high end DX camera; I am just wondering how that would be.

A dedicated sports camera may be too niche a market for a DX camera. Not to mention having to compete against the flagship, the Nikon D4.

Last edited:
Blur Shadow said:
I was a Nikon D300s user, and the reasons for the choice were:

- a very adequate 12MP sensor
- 6 fps
- 51-point AF
- large buffer

The higher build quality and other stuff were good to have, but not critical for my use.

I have since switched to a D7000, and have found that other than the buffer, it is able to match the D300s (even with the 39-point AF). If anything, the newer 16MP sensor makes it superior over the D300s.

If the D600 were to take the good parts of the D7000, and throw in a 24MP FX sensor, it would be a very compelling camera for many.

There may still be a case for a high end DX camera; I am just wondering how that would be.

Actually the buffer in D7k is extremely small when I shoot raw with mid range cards :O

Sorry. You catch no ball.

We talk about Viewfinder on D600.
In rumors specs is mention on VF for FX 100% and when used with DX can viewing of 97% only.

Anywhere still better than D700 for only 95% at all.

How is it possible that for a FX cam that the DX viewing is 97% only???

How is it possible that for a FX cam that the DX viewing is 97% only???

No idea of nikon coming up model..
maybe of the crop frame in viewfinder for 97%, cause the DX lens also able to used in FX mode.
just need to accept on the vignetting border.

No idea of nikon coming up model..
maybe of the crop frame in viewfinder for 97%, cause the DX lens also able to used in FX mode.
just need to accept on the vignetting border.

huh? cannot be la. at all times you can see the entire FX frame mah, no matter which lens you use.. just that the non-DX borders is darkened... and you can also disable the darken option right?

huh? cannot be la. at all times you can see the entire FX frame mah, no matter which lens you use.. just that the non-DX borders is darkened... and you can also disable the darken option right?

That's viewfinder controller, maybe the viewfinder glass design have smaller...
wait and see.. now still early..

rain5533 said:

Or maybe the Nikon rumOurs guy got it mixed up?

No la... the DX viewfinder is not mechanical mah..
it is the same FX viewfinder.. just that they will slow lines in the viewfinder when using DX...

daredevil123 said:
This is the most probable reason..

Maybe the latest technology to improved over the DX frame.. At all time just viewing like FX in the wider frame??

For my D800 when used in DX mode and saw the smaller frame and have told myself do not exit the frame when shots is closeups object.

Last edited:
rain5533 said:
Maybe the latest technology to improved over the DX frame.. At all time just viewing like FX in the wider frame??

For my D800 when used in DX mode and saw the smaller frame and have told myself do not exit the frame when shots is closeups object.

Yeah. All the more the DX coverage should be 100% mah even if FX is not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.