D40/60 bat grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reliable bat grip brand for d40/60?and those MS,John,CP,AP sells?

yes there are. but is all 3rd party.
go to ebay.sg search for d40/d40x/d60 battery/vertical grip and you will see tonnes of brands(phottix, etc) there.
:D

Nikon does not have an original battery grip for the D40 nor D60.
Yes, its true that there are 3rd party but kinda hard to find locally in shops. Heard there are some in Funan and Peninsula that sell but perhaps you might wanna try amazon or ebay which stock these third party grips with brands like targus, linkdelight and phottix.

Nikon does not have an original battery grip for the D40 nor D60.
Yes, its true that there are 3rd party but kinda hard to find locally in shops. Heard there are some in Funan and Peninsula that sell but perhaps you might wanna try amazon or ebay which stock these third party grips with brands like targus, linkdelight and phottix.

Juz rang ms theyy have stock for 150 the brand name abit funny called doiturself or smthing

Juz rang ms theyy have stock for 150 the brand name abit funny called doiturself or smthing

grips in ebay are way cheaper. phottix is a good brand i think only $65 to $80sgd.

hi

but if im not mistaken. the grips work using the IR transmitter right? meaning you have to activate the IR on ur body cam in order to use it in portrait.

correct me if im wrong.

Cheers
Shaz

hi

but if im not mistaken. the grips work using the IR transmitter right? meaning you have to activate the IR on ur body cam in order to use it in portrait.

correct me if im wrong.

Cheers
Shaz

yeah you are right bro, so battery grip for d40/40x/60 are actualy only good for longer battery life. unless you always shoot vertically la. haha! :D

yeah you are right bro, so battery grip for d40/40x/60 are actualy only good for longer battery life. unless you always shoot vertically la. haha! :D

you also lose the halfpress a/f function with IR. BUT if you use manual lenses its ok coz you have to turn the focus ring yourself and just need the shutter release for erm.. shutter releasing!

no? o.o maybe i saw wrongly.. thought in the pic there is one when i search the web.. :embrass:

so far what i saw, dont have. maybe you saw something new that i havent seen before. hahaha! ;p

3rd party grips for these cameras WHICH are not designed for a camera grip will not have additional functions like command dial, etc...

What the 3rd party manufacturers do is to work around to get a method to allow you to shoot while holding the camera vertically. And with such a small camera, the likelihood is that the balance may not be proper.

Do save up and get a higher end model with a properly designed camera grip if you foresee yourself shooting vertically most of the time.

i would think the money is better spent on an extra original D40/60 battery. think its EN-EL9.

an interesting thing to note is the new D5000 batter.. EN-EL9a.
slightly higher capacity yet lower voltage. i wonder bout the price. it works on your D40/60 too.

I think the brand is Ownuser. Im buying later for a friend at far east plaza. Just using it for balance and extra battery life. Around 130 SGD i think.

i used to have a battery grip for my D80 but sold it away
as i found that i prefer to have my camera smaller and easier to handle

I suggest you do not get the batt grip for the D40/D60.Since they are all third party products,warranty wise may not be very safe(I mean if your grip somehow damages your camera.ie. your grip breaks into two with a part stuck in the batt compartment of your camera.)I also don't see any reason why you need a batt grip for your D40/D60 since the camera was made to be compact.If you want a bulkier but better grip,upgrade to the D80 or D90.

Status
Not open for further replies.