D3200 is out !!

Nikon is extremely smart. They realized that most entry level buyer do not have a photography background and will only look at the MP when they buy. So the new buyers will be like "woah, 24MP!! My old PnS is only 10MP. Definitely will
take better pictures"

5DMK3 has how many MP again? this will definitely confuse the consumers, good move by Nikon

When the D800 with its 36MP was announced, there was hot debate on the web whether the current slew of lenses can resolve for the loads of megapixels. Now 24MP on a DX... Will the 18-55mm kit lens be able to cut it?

so many of our bro here have their hands on a D800, now how about a test, if i had one, i will test all the lenses that i have (not many)

Yupe..many who are new still believe or think that the higher the MP..the better it is (infact MP is all they care).
D3200 is entry and at its price.. i think its cool.

Look like this time Nikon DX entry level can be kill all the M43 user.

Especially to Fujifilm x-pro1

the x-pro1 targets quite a different market from the D3x00 range.

The entry Canon & Sony DSLRs would be the best/closest comparison.

niteblu said:
the x-pro1 targets quite a different market from the D3x00 range.

The entry Canon & Sony DSLRs would be the best/closest comparison.

Ha ha sound like a bit sad on Sony user, cause the sensor is made from Sony but Sony DSLR is not selling as well.

But in the manufacturing in sensor they just earning in big pocket money from Nikon side.

Ha ha sound like a bit sad on Sony user, cause the sensor is made from Sony but Sony DSLR is not selling as well.

But in the manufacturing in sensor they just earning in big pocket money from Nikon side.

Who say Sony DSLR is not selling well? Actually they sold very very well... and that is the case for the NEX series of mirrorless camera too.

And also people who go for mirrorless camera had their own ideas and needs, not that Nikon came up with a big MP entry level camera, that it will suddenly kill off all competition.

rhino123 said:
Who say Sony DSLR is not selling well? Actually they sold very very well... and that is the case for the NEX series of mirrorless camera too.

And also people who go for mirrorless camera had their own ideas and needs, not that Nikon came up with a big MP entry level camera, that it will suddenly kill off all competition.

Don't forget in big market to be flighting now :)

X-Pro1, NEX, OMD-5

Last edited:

X-pro1 is no slouch either. After using it, I have to say, ISO performance is at least on par with FX D700 if not slightly better. Details are excellent... and the lenses... OMG the lenses are very very good especially the 35/1.4 and 18/2.

Check out the pics I shot with the X-pro1 here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/reviews/1076271-fujifilm-x-pro1-review-production-release.html#post7860540

Last edited:

My friend, Sony has already taken over Nikon at the number 2 spot in sales....

daredevil123 said:
X-pro1 is no slouch either. After using it, I have to say, ISO performance is at least on par with FX D700 if not slightly better. Details are excellent... and the lenses... OMG the lenses are very very good especially the 35/1.4 and 18/2.

Check out the pics I shot with the X-pro1 here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/reviews/1076271-fujifilm-x-pro1-review-production-release.html#post7860540

on par with d700? that's crazy

any idea when this will reach sg?

Well done to Nikon for their great market research team! For many years, PnS cameras have started from 3megapixels to the recent 12 megapixels, and this is what PnS user will look at each time they upgrade their camera. And with this new 24 megapixels entry DSLR, they will be able to attract new PnS user to upgrade to DSLR.

But just to warn new DSLR user who wants to go for this camera, think properly, higher megapixels means bigger file size, and means bigger capacity SD card, need to upgrade HDD and computing power. But what is the purpose of a large megapixel photo if the only thing you do to the photo is to post it onto Facebook or if you print the largest size is maybe 8R? Do you really need the large file as how many of the new DSLR user can afford a photoshop software, and how many of them wants to spent time to do photo editing?

I really find that there is really no reason for buying this camera, as you are going to spent more money on storage, and computing power.

Just my personal opinion. I am still a strong Nikon supporter, I am waiting for a D7000 upgrade, I want more video features upgrade to it, hope Nikon see this... haha... thank you.

If a shot is crappy, high megapixels is going to amplify that crappiness.

There isn't any reason for anyone to accommodate crappiness. If you are crappy, no matter what camera you use, your photos are still crappy. Why not learn to use the camera better rather than think that buying a camera with lower resolution will "cure" your crappiness.

Learn to look on the positive side towards how you can reach your full potential. Constructive.