CS Army / Reservist tips and info thread

Mosquito coil is USELESS...attempted to put 4 of them at each corner of the tonnel to sleep overnight, next day all of us kena mosquito bites all over. The best is to put the SAF insect repellent.

The "snake powder" is my best friend when out field, make sure you apply all over especially sweat prone areas. I also bring those guardian purchased wet wipes, $2 for a pack of 3 x 10. Good for wipe downs at the end of the day, then apply the powder to keep dry.

Nowadays they got those solution to soak ur no 4 in i think that one is not bad!:thumbsup:

Sai Yok camp is the best!:thumbsup::bsmilie::cool:

Nowadays they got those solution to soak ur no 4 in i think that one is not bad!:thumbsup:

Ya, that solution is for use in overseas exercise. Last time we did that for Ex Wallaby in Australia. Its called Pynosect. It says "Treated uniforms provide protection to body from bites of mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers and human body lice". Haha...have one extra bottle of it with me cause last time when i issue them out to the men, there's extra.

anybody know of a Nokia 3G phone without camera to recommend? as cheap as it is reliable would be best. price range ander $120 for the phone alone, no contract.

TIA. :)

Guys I was poor at polishing shoes, someone please share their tips on getting that shine...

Oh, I always bring a little snack or drink in my ammo pouches or in the pockets when going on excercise, you never know when the next meal comes.

Ya, that solution is for use in overseas exercise. Last time we did that for Ex Wallaby in Australia. Its called Pynosect. It says "Treated uniforms provide protection to body from bites of mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers and human body lice". Haha...have one extra bottle of it with me cause last time when i issue them out to the men, there's extra.

It is flamable right?:think:

Not only overseas, most of the time in local actually we din use it last yr when we went to Thailand but use it previous 2 to 3 ICT locally!:bsmilie:

Guys I was poor at polishing shoes, someone please share their tips on getting that shine...

Oh, I always bring a little snack or drink in my ammo pouches or in the pockets when going on excercise, you never know when the next meal comes.

Polish? I tot nowadays just KIWI black will do or use liquid polish faster!

For me when out in the field is like goin for pinic SBO 2 bottle of colour drinks or energy drinks the rest of the SBO pouches will be all my biscuits, chocolates etc.... eat as i am on the move whether on foot or in LR. Full pack will also be packed with tidbits! PARTY TIME!!! :bsmilie:

here's how i shine my boots.

- one THICK layer of KIWI evenly over the surface, leave for 5mins.
- add one thin layer of kiwi over your brush and start brushing lightly over the surface you want to shine. add small amount of water if you want.
- after you get a decent brush shine, it's time to use the cloth method. wrap 1-2layers of polish cloth around your forefinger, and add a thin layer of kiwi. start rubbing the surface you want to shin, going in circles. same as the above, add small amount of water whilst doing so.

from my personal experience, it's more difficult to shine brand new boots. my chiong sua boots from BMT can shine more than my parade boots (which i polished for 2hours) with a brush and some kiwi in 5mins.

one of the best phones u can bring in to a camp legally though..:)

true, unless i look at other brands offerings. which i may, i have quite a few more months to do so. :sweat:

pity the 3G Sim card cannot be used on non-3G phones. :(

The fullpack has evolved from a canvas old and uncomfortable thing to a much better designed one these days.

The key points remain the same.

Comfort is paramount -
  • pad the pack
  • make sure it fit you, tighten the straps properly
  • heavy items at the bottom
Ergonomics is second -
  • when doing stand bys, make sure everything is easy to remove
  • put a trash bag for quick removal and waterproofs the bag
  • put those items you use frequently at the sides.
Label your pack - everyone has the same one

Try it on with the proper weight before the field excercise or road march.

For those with extra stuff, eg GPMG, 84mm etc, make sure you get the weight and position sorted with the extra load in place.

Strap everything down, esp in jungle ops, or you will lose items.

Bring an extra set of underwear and socks

Don't forget the fork and spoon so you do not need to open your carefully packed set.

As a reservist, the use of non-standard equipment is more permitted, so use that to pack to your comfort. I use lots of Camelbak products, and attach a small one to my SBO.

A side bag or muesli bag keeps my maps, which I store in a waterproof case.

Bring extra food and items you wish to eat on a long ops or field excercise.

true, unless i look at other brands offerings. which i may, i have quite a few more months to do so. :sweat:

pity the 3G Sim card cannot be used on non-3G phones. :(

Can't meh, thought I am now using 3G SIM on non-3G Phones:think:

Can't meh, thought I am now using 3G SIM on non-3G Phones:think:

:bigeyes: really?!! :bigeyes:

i will go try, but let me charge my batt 1st, can save $$ save, dun need so many phone... :sweat:

yo..just wanna some adv..

after I ORD till now, i've never done any in-camp training or go for IPPT (ard 10yrs). Then last yr suay suay get a letter to complete my IPPT b4 bday lor which is sep...

anyway, me went from size M to ........:embrass:

basically me confirm gonna fail my IPPT lah....

so any bro out there got simi adv to give on how to siam IPPT mah? :bsmilie:

My pes status last time was E then a few yr back kena upgrade to B...:cry:

after I ORD till now, i've never done any in-camp training or go for IPPT (ard 10yrs). Then last yr suay suay get a letter to complete my IPPT b4 bday lor which is sep...

6 more months to Sept IPPT, got enough time to train.

bo pian one..

go for IPT... not RT...

maju or khatib...

NEVER go BEDOK...

:sweat: :sweat: