Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

let me sum it up for u: the so called pros dun like to mix with the non-pros. U need a lock and key section for selective members to share trade secrets, becos many in the trade arent talking enuff in this public section....due to, guess what? they dun like to mix with the non-pros....what makes u think they would mix with u? A redundant suggestion at best.

perhaps the reason why the so-called pros dun like to mix with the non-pros is coz of pple with attitude like yurs.

you do realise that most of the people pushing for this are the ones who are quite regular everywhere on cs, right?

in other words, if your claims that pros don't like to mix with non-pros stand true, that means that the ones you are attacking here are the ones who like to mix with non-pros. :bsmilie:

well, at least they are much more easily found everywhere than you.. the irony. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

if so, why the need to set up a separate forum where only the pros can join? common nitemare tot u r sharper than that?

perhaps the reason why the so-called pros dun like to mix with the non-pros is coz of pple with attitude like yurs.

hey mr bowman, still sore eh?

I am no pro here but just a suggestion if want to setup a pro-forum.

1. Produce your business name and reg number (doesn't matter if $1 company)

2. Attached face and nickname so everyone know who you are and not hide behind a nickname and post non-constuctive comments.

3. Must be active posting and if more than X months no post will need to reapply

4. Post latest works (subjective)

hope it helps.

Juzgood

bro Juzgood... referring to your above mentioned suggestion.. we have discuss in the early post.. although it good to produce name n ref no... but wat if freelance pro? i doubt they have business reg no leh.

2nd point... even by posting face.. how do we know it the real him? unless we do a face to face meet up..:think:

3rd point... wow must be active har... like that if the guy have some jobs to do then he no time to be active how?

anyway i still stand as what i mentioned in my earlier post... it it very grey area to be sure who are the pros and wannabe pros since in this cyberworld there no way we can be acertain of it.. unless like one of our bro here mentioned.. we start with a face to face gathering... from there then slowly built up the group....

lastly... i think we left out the ex-pros.. although they are the past but i believe they also have much experience and valuable lesson for us to share too... :thumbsup:

thats true its hard to draw a line but a good thought for the better of photography business... we can start somewhere...
when you tell people your company name and your name, its hard to hide.. cos your company name is at stake, unless its a fake company, thats where registration of company comes in. Unless you deliberately create a company to create trouble , that kudos to that guy.
The pros can be busy of course but if want to learn and share then theres need to have certain commitment, cannot have total free lunch. A time period of 3 months of no posting i think its fair. The person could be just reading but do not contribute and its unfair for the rest. so 3 months i think its alright, if the guy is so busy and not log in to forum for 3 months i doubt he even mind if his account is removed.

But then the hardest, who is willing to do all the admin work.. for free. :bsmilie:

thats true its hard to draw a line but a good thought for the better of photography business... we can start somewhere...
when you tell people your company name and your name, its hard to hide.. cos your company name is at stake, unless its a fake company, thats where registration of company comes in. Unless you deliberately create a company to create trouble , that kudos to that guy.
The pros can be busy of course but if want to learn and share then theres need to have certain commitment, cannot have total free lunch. A time period of 3 months of no posting i think its fair. The person could be just reading but do not contribute and its unfair for the rest. so 3 months i think its alright, if the guy is so busy and not log in to forum for 3 months i doubt he even mind if his account is removed.

But then the hardest, who is willing to do all the admin work.. for free. :bsmilie:

well bro.. like one of the bro here mentioned earlier.. don't always expect a return if want to contribute...... let say if one person keeping posting in the forum but watever he posted is asking more than he is giving... so does that mean he is better off than the one who is not posting for the past 3 months?.. :nono:

... like wat we have discussed earlier again... either the members have to pay for a sum to join so in order to substain the forum... or unless there already some kind soul pro who is willingly to do it for freeeeeeee :think:

well bro.. like one of the bro here mentioned earlier.. don't always expect a return if want to contribute...... let say if one person keeping posting in the forum but watever he posted is asking more than he is giving... so does that mean he is better off than the one who is not posting for the past 3 months?.. :nono:

... like wat we have discussed earlier again... either the members have to pay for a sum to join so in order to substain the forum... or unless there already some kind soul pro who is willingly to do it for freeeeeeee :think:

:think: Bros...are we going to have a new forum or what? All the talk from hot to cold...still nothing to come out of it. :bigeyes:

:think: Bros...are we going to have a new forum or what? All the talk from hot to cold...still nothing to come out of it. :bigeyes:

eeerrr.... we still discussing the pros n cons, not yet conclue....

eeerrr.... we still discussing the pros n cons, not yet conclue....

Let's meet up as proposed earlier. Let us show face so we know who we are talking to mah. Let's have kopi to go with it. I am willing to undertake the technical aspect and will sponsor part of the cost.

Let's meet up as proposed earlier. Let us show face so we know who we are talking to mah. Let's have kopi to go with it. I am willing to undertake the technical aspect and will sponsor part of the cost.

wow u so generous har... kekeke...

maybe you want to wait for the pros bro to see if they are free to meet up?

As for me.. i am just a hobbyist photographer... but i dont mind meeting pros like u all for kopi... ;) to share watever i know...

unless of cos the admin are for it( which says a lot about them either way they choose), i dun see how " I learn something new from many good people here, by sharing and learning with each others." fits into the spirit of having a forum ONLY for "people who make money from shooting".

Do not drag in the admin into whatever argument or disagreement you have :nono:

To the TS and other members here in this thread, whatever, suggestion members have will never be ignored and the admin and mod will certainly look into it.

If need be we can have a meet up to look into this proposal.

can't wait to meet the pros. When? can non-pros join? dresscode?

bro Juzgood... referring to your above mentioned suggestion.. we have discuss in the early post.. although it good to produce name n ref no... but wat if freelance pro? i doubt they have business reg no leh.

2nd point... even by posting face.. how do we know it the real him? unless we do a face to face meet up..:think:

3rd point... wow must be active har... like that if the guy have some jobs to do then he no time to be active how?
:

In that case, an easier method is to accept members from existing Profession Services (eg: Canon Professional Services). instead. Wouldn't it be easier? :dunno:

this is pretty interesting, meeting fellow creative professionals.
i'd love to sign up :)

IF its even gonna get started

In that case, an easier method is to accept members from existing Profession Services (eg: Canon Professional Services). instead. Wouldn't it be easier? :dunno:

wow... isn't there alot of members in there? then we have nikon, sony & other brands one how??... :dunno:

if so, why the need to set up a separate forum where only the pros can join? common nitemare tot u r sharper than that?

of course, i also thought you were sharper than that.. you seem to fail to realise that people have different needs, seems like you are more bent on shoving your opinion and displeasure down people's throats.

i mean, if the professionals want to whinge about certain things that nonprofessionals may be entirely uninterested in, and feel better just having their own quiet corner, who the hell cares?

maybe you are interested in eavesdropping, i only know that sometimes even just by having uninterested people around it stops me from talking.

it's a psychological sort of thing, if you complain about your experiences with clients being entirely unreasonable in an entirely public section, for example.. it's not hard to see why people would not want to share their experience properly.

very hard to understand?

no issue having such a forum, but the question is, how open can we be?

i mean, this industry is not a wet market where multiple stalls can co-exist. infact, it's so niche that people are finding hard to enter the market - simply because there's just too many wannabes out there.

the one minus point mattlock brought out, is already a major roadblock. that is, to encourage discussion with such a competitive backdrop. i find it ironic that anyone will share much.

after all, i dont see industries that niche being so open in sharing business practices / tips & tricks.

of course, i also thought you were sharper than that.. you seem to fail to realise that people have different needs, seems like you are more bent on shoving your opinion and displeasure down people's throats.

i mean, if the professionals want to whinge about certain things that nonprofessionals may be entirely uninterested in, and feel better just having their own quiet corner, who the hell cares?

maybe you are interested in eavesdropping, i only know that sometimes even just by having uninterested people around it stops me from talking.

it's a psychological sort of thing, if you complain about your experiences with clients being entirely unreasonable in an entirely public section, for example.. it's not hard to see why people would not want to share their experience properly.

very hard to understand?

bro... i guess he wont be able to read wat u written.. his account suspended liao... unless he create a new account again.... :think:

I think is rather straight forward for qualified the status of professionals, for a working photographers, either you run your own business, or working for others.

so just have your real name appear in your profile, show your company you are working,

I can't imagine of any reasons of why would a working photographer try to hide his name or his company name.

as for aspiring pros, or just started out, find a existing members as mentors, it can be accepted once the existing members have given recommendation.

anyway, most of the time discussions behind a CLOSED door is rather OPEN.