Crashing a photo shoot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really wanna shoot, just join one of the paid shoots in clubsnap, this way, you can get much better viewpoint than a telephoto shot. ;) But of cos, there's nothing stopping you from stealing shots, just remember there's karma out there :bsmilie:

Myfz1 said:
Scenario. A group of clubsnappers hired a model for a photoshoot at let say Sentosa. I happen to walk pass them and so, is it WRONG for me to take photos of the model even though I am not in their way?
I am at a public place and I am not causing any inconvenience to anybody. In short, will I get beaten up?

As it's a shoot located in a public location legally there are few things the group can go to stop you from taking photos. Beating you up is common assault in such a case.

However, since the model is being paid and the group have hired her and presumably got signed model releases or their equivalent the following legal position will apply.

You may take photos, however you cannot legally use them for commercial gain (profit), be it selling the shots or selling the rights to the shots unless the shot is newsworthy for some reason (most aren't). Selling such a shot (unless newsworthy) will leave you wide open to legal action and that can run to tens of thousands of dollars as you'd almost certainly loose the case and have costs awarded against you, as well as punative damages. Also you may find yourself in contravention of other laws regarding civil rights, the 'universal bill of human rights' and so on.

With that said, it is really bad form to take any shots in such a case, regardless of offering to chip in for the costs. A group shot of the photographers shooting the model would probably be about the only shot that would be acceptable to most organisers and or photographers.

Myfz1 said:
Scenario. A group of clubsnappers hired a model for a photoshoot at let say Sentosa. I happen to walk pass them and so, is it WRONG for me to take photos of the model even though I am not in their way?
I am at a public place and I am not causing any inconvenience to anybody. In short, will I get beaten up?

Ask their permission first, if they say yes then shoot, if they say no then leave. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.