Copyright Act - Fair Dealing

tks for your reply...

haiz... now i got no mood to read those TnC...

very stress whenever i come across such things... this reminds me of manhattan credit card... their tc so easy to read haha...

bo bian haha. unless can set up one here that suits our needs. but wanna set up also needa pay. then how many willing to pay?:think:

bo bian haha. unless can set up one here that suits our needs. but wanna set up also needa pay. then how many willing to pay?:think:

won't be willing to pay, cos i am not a pro.... not getting even 1 cent from my pics...

i think flickr and devianart are best ....

won't be willing to pay, cos i am not a pro.... not getting even 1 cent from my pics...

i think flickr and devianart are best ....

for hobbiest also can lar. maybe like ur best works where u really wanna showcase, yet u dun want ppl to just rip off that kind of stuff?

i still say that stealing other photographer's images is BAD and should not be allowed

Fair Dealing should not cover this
shall we have a petition?

anyone good at writing petitions?

Tell me where to sign!!!

for hobbiest also can lar. maybe like ur best works where u really wanna showcase, yet u dun want ppl to just rip off that kind of stuff?

some sites use flash etc... disabling right click... it can stop those who don't know much abt computers...

as long as u can see the pic, u can copy it... so the best way is to watermark it, and do it BIG.... haha...

some pro like adam burton don't watermark, but the pic he publish is too small to be admired ... so this is another way...

both way hinders the viewer from fully appreciating your work....

:)

thanks ortega,
this sure is a good thread for every photographers.
i'm using flickr, and closed down multiply, cause of their T&C, and i post SOME on Facebook page, just to reach out to facebook friends

flickr still seems one of the better host with good T&Cs

This should be Stickied!!!

Hi all,

I am offended because another guy on the forums used my image in his buy & sell thread here >> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713288

He posted my images on his thread without asking for my permission nor at least crediting me. Yes, I sold that same lens to him last month but nonetheless I believe I own the rights to my own photos right?

Is there any legal action I can take? unfortunately, my images were hosted on photobucket...

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am offended because another guy on the forums used my image in his buy & sell thread here >> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713288

He posted my images on his thread without asking for my permission nor at least crediting me. Yes, I sold that same lens to him last month but nonetheless I believe I own the rights to my own photos right?

Is there any legal action I can take? unfortunately, my images were hosted on photobucket...

Thanks.

nope u have none.

from tnc at photobucket

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content)

if he is hotlinking the pictures from your photobucket account then just break his link
i will issue him an infraction and delete his thread for piracy

btw did you ask him to not use your photos?

Last edited:
if he is hotlinking the pictures from your photobucket account then just break his link
The T&C of photobucket allow the hotlinking, obviously. The T&C of CS do not forbid the hotlinking and embedding of images from other sites / people (hope I haven't missed this point, just checked). I know it is considered impolite but that is not enough for disciplinary actions, imho.

nope u have none.

from tnc at photobucket

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content)

btw did you ask him to not use your photos?

Thanks. I have deleted the photos from my photobucket album. I wanted to sms him but paused as I saw this thread to seek advice first.

The T&C of photobucket allow the hotlinking, obviously. The T&C of CS do not forbid the hotlinking and embedding of images from other sites / people (hope I haven't missed this point, just checked). I know it is considered impolite but that is not enough for disciplinary actions, imho.

see this

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2796943&postcount=5

as photographers ourselves, if we do not care if we use other peoples photos, then what about the non photographers.

Honor and integrity is what the world is losing

IMO, whoever wants to use my images should at least ask for my permission or the least credit me. Anything less is not tolerable.. Thanks ortega, appreciate your understanding and help here.

Thanks. I have deleted the photos from my photobucket album. I wanted to sms him but paused as I saw this thread to seek advice first.

IMO, whoever wants to use my images should at least ask for my permission or the least credit me. Anything less is not tolerable.. Thanks ortega, appreciate your understanding and help here.

i dnno. somehow i still felt if u had dropped a message to that guy he would had immediately removed without any hesitation:think: somehow an infraction seems quite the penalty.

nonetheless, a good lesson for all of us i guess:think: copyrights dun play play

Hey Mr Ortega,

with regards to the petition, just tell me where to sign! :thumbsup:

We must watch out for each others, professionals, semi pros and amateurs, and internationally.

If we don't care for our art, who will?

I had people emailing me when they saw my product pictures misused on some foreign online trading auctions.

Likewise I make it a point to alert fellow photographers and image artists whenever I spotted such things.

Today I just alerted a well known international PJ when I saw a local blogshop misusing his photo, and I feel good doing the right thing.

We must watch out for each others, professionals, semi pros and amateurs, and internationally.

I had people emailing me when they saw my product pictures misused on some foreign online trading auctions.

Likewise I make it a point to alert fellow photographers and image artists whenever I spotted such things.

Today I just alerted a well known international PJ when I saw a local blogshop misusing his photo, and I feel good doing the right thing.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

u r absolutely right! we, who r interested in photography, should help one another... :thumbsup:

ah yes. to be honest. being here so long in cs, i never used that gallery:embrass:

would highlight u all could offer a paid service.

current limit is

image 400kb file size limit.
Disk space allowed on your account: 20,000kb (20,480,000 bytes)

perhaps paid service could have

image: 5mb file size limit
disk space allowed 1gb

or something like that. see if admin side wanna invest or not. i wont mind paying for th
service if i can use it to store impt photographs safely:bsmilie:

sounds Like a good idea. I'm not a professional photographer but I do feel the same way as you guys do. Protecting our photographs are important and infringement is happening everyday! Another one who don't mind paying a small fee to host our photos here safely! :D