Coolpix 8800

Status
Not open for further replies.

elphin

Oct 30, 2005
Hi all nikon fans,

Recently came across the Coolpix 8800 ultrazoom cam and am quite intrigued by it.
Anyone have any experience with this cam or have any comments about it?

Interested to know how it compares to the current crop of 5 megapixel UZ cams like the panasonic fz5, fuji s5600, canon s2is etc. Especially with regards to image quality.

elphin said:
Hi all nikon fans,

Recently came across the Coolpix 8800 ultrazoom cam and am quite intrigued by it.
Anyone have any experience with this cam or have any comments about it?

Interested to know how it compares to the current crop of 5 megapixel UZ cams like the panasonic fz5, fuji s5600, canon s2is etc. Especially with regards to image quality.

A friend of mine have it.
Image quality is good, almost as good as D70.
The VR works well too.

But focusing maybe a bit slow at low light.

i use this cam and enjoy its swivel lcd screen. very useful when you're taking your body and picture compositions beyond the normal. esp around tight corners, which the slr won't let you view.

problem is this cam doesnt fit very well into the hand, rather small imo. the marco mode isnt very close also actually.

oh ya, and the battery's life indicator's very useful when you keep a couple of spare batts with you.

hmmm i seem to get the impression from some reviews that the older 8 mp 2/3 sensor ultra zoom cams produce much noiser pictures than the new crop of 5 mp smaller sensor ultra zooms.
Is there any truth in that?

King Tiger: haha comparing it to an dSLR? wow must be a really good cam.

UncleParty: Nice pics on your site. :) don't tell me they were taken with the coolpix 8800?
If they were I'm getting it already!

Status
Not open for further replies.