Confuse between D300 & 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugenpower

Sep 7, 2006
Jurong West Ave 3
Hi to all,

I am keen to get a Nikon D300. Heard of that is a gd stuff but due to the price so far different between canon 40D though 40D is also good in the features and image too. Right now i am using Nikon D70s with some stuff below stated.

Tamrom 70-300mm F4-5.6
Nikon 50mm F1.8
L Angles
Battery pack

Thks with rgds :bigeyes:

you can get another nikon body or go through the long way of selling everything just to switch camp.

both are gd, but to switch camp, u will lose quite a bit of money lei... juz sell ur D70s n get the D300 la..

Since you're already using and familiar with Nikon, why not just get the D300 for your upgrade? Personally, unless you've got money to burn, I think keeping both (or multiple) brands is giving yourself more work/headache. Unless there's some special reason, I'll stick with the brand I've got. Both Nikon and Canon are good.

I'm a Canon user, and I'd advise you to either stick with your current camera, upgrade to D300, or wait for the D90. Switching brands is painful. You're already familiar with Nikon, why start all over again?

Doesn't take a lot to figure out that switching systems will totally kill you and you will make huge losses doing that, so why even think of it?

The D300 is a very capable camera. If you need it, get it. If you don't know whether you need it, you probably don't.

I moved from the D70s to the D300 and am amazed at the world of difference. I am shooting more these days! I'll find any excuse to bring my cam along.

Get the D300 - you won't regret!

If time is not pressing, why not wait until Nikon announces the D90.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply....

Maybe i should stick to nikon by up grading. Ya, i do seen some preview on D90 but wasnt know the feature yet.

I just got a hand-on on D300 over the IT suntec yesterday. It a gd camera. D700 is even better but it will cost a boom. Hahaaa...

Cheers wif regds,

If you want a serious competitor to the Nikon D300, get the Canon EOS 50D. The 40D is a little lagging behind the D300 because it was launched earlier than the latter.

But as the members above said, switching camps is costly and is a waste of money if not done properly.

Please, the D300 is as good as Canon's xxD series, feature-wise.
Photo-wise it's up to the photographer to push the limit.

If u think that the price for D300 is too exp for you...u can always buy it 2nd hand here on clubsnap....or just wait for the D90 to come out.
But before that u need to ask yourself, do you really need a D300? Will u truly need the 51 point AF system, 6fps & weather sealing on top of the other functions?
If your answer is yes, then go for the D300. If you are looking for a very worthy upgrade to your D70s, think the D90 will suit just fine. :)

You should ask yourself again…
Why u wanted to upgrade?
again.. Did you shoot enough pix and you had improve your skill?
reason of upgrading?? Cos the new DSLR got better features and etc… is that the main reason why you wanted to upgrade?
is yes… I would said that you just want the new technology gadget, instead of using your current set up to shot good pix.
Is no… I don’t think so…. Likely is due to new features and etc… that is the reason you wanted to upgrade.

Switching from a brand is a pain.. Need time to sell off your existing lens and other stuffs.
Confirm lose $$$$ one…..

Keep using on to current set up and invest good lens…
and shot more good pix… instead of change or upgrading body.
you can still see ppl still using a old DSLR or film, yet they still able to show the nice pix.
If you keep carry on follow the technology and keep upgrading, end of the day what you have prove and get?
Ask urself again, why you take up this hobby? For shooting good and nice pix or just want to have the latest technology.

Please, the D300 is as good as Canon's xxD series, feature-wise.
Photo-wise it's up to the photographer to push the limit.

I fully agree with you…
no matter what kind of camera you use
Is all matter who is the person behind the camera and pix.
Don’t let the camera shot photo for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.