COE going through the roof

+1
http://www.todayonline.com/voices/lower-car-demand-change-public-transport-not-coe

Improve public transport, there just isn't enough cars to meet everyone's needs and everyone thinks they deserve one..

You got to wake up and be sober. LOL.
You really think everybody likes to pay this type of crazy price just because they think they deserve one?
They hv no choice! Public transport has let them down. Lest you want to walk or cycle? LOL

I'm small business owner. need vehicle to transport goods. but garment only support big businesses... which coincidentially they have large stakes in

Actually, all this time, we been paying 'erp' even we were walking. Cause of donation tin can asking u for it. Ha ha! On top of that, those $ go to whose pocket, we never know.

By extrapolating the rate of 1000 per month increase, you need only HALF A YEAR! LOLLLLLL....FROM NOW!
Can you replace your P2 Maths exercise by something closer to reality? There are other driving factors that will cause ups an downs. Using your simplistic approach with data from years ago we should still have motorcycle COE of below $2k. Using data from a different point in time all COE should actually below $500 .. Do you remember when car COE was down to zero?

Can you replace your P2 Maths exercise by something closer to reality? There are other driving factors that will cause ups an downs. Using your simplistic approach with data from years ago we should still have motorcycle COE of below $2k. Using data from a different point in time all COE should actually below $500 .. Do you remember when car COE was down to zero?

Obviously you are not well versed in the dy/dx math either. LOL. Aka calculus, invented by our good sir Isaac Newton.
If you based on the dy/dx, or to be exact, dy/dt as it is time dependent, taken for the RECENT mths, you would've agree with me.
Layman word of all these for you is called" Trending" LOL

Bro octarian, mcycle coe was at 1710 last nov. Now it is 4289! In just 4mths!!!
Has yr 80 yrs of age obscured yr vision regarding this fact? LOL.
And i supposed the dy/dt every month is also increasing! Hence, my estimate based linear (meaning dy/dt is constant every mth) extrapolation is very conservative liao!

I'm small business owner. need vehicle to transport goods. but garment only support big businesses... which coincidentially they have large stakes in

and do you know how much malaysian cars pay to drive in singapore?? i dont understand why singaporeans are paying much more to drive on singapore roads

and do you know how much malaysian cars pay to drive in singapore?? i dont understand why singaporeans are paying much more to drive on singapore roads

no idea. plus they can even drive their cars until it breaks into pieces like my Auntie Datsun... older than I am.

no idea. plus they can even drive their cars until it breaks into pieces like my Auntie Datsun... older than I am.

They pay only $20 a day and FREE on sat, sun and public holidays. They also get free 10 days a year. With 11 days of public holidays, that works to around 52*5-10-11=239 days a year.

One year cost assuming driving everyday is $4780 a year. or $478000 for 10 years. Remember they save $20 for any days which they don't need to drive. Example, if they just drive 5 days a week including weekends (maybe they don't drive on tuesday and wednesday), their cost of ownership drops to $2700 a year or $27000 for 10 years which is a pretty good deal.

Or if they just drive during weekends, basically they pay $0....

Also if they use ERP roads, they pay $5/day.... which can be a great deal...

Also they don't have to pay for 10 years up front..... just $20/day as and when they need....

Also they have discount during the school holidays...
http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=5bb74dd0-ca2b-406e-8c5c-0e340815284a

I have sent a email to LTA asking them why malaysian cars have a cost adv over singaporean cars 2 years ago.... they say they are in the process of reviewing the VEP.... that was 2 years ago...

Last edited:
They pay only $20 a day and FREE on sat, sun and public holidays. They also get free 10 days a year. With 11 days of public holidays, that works to around 52*5-10-11=239 days a year.

One year cost assuming driving everyday is $4780 a year. or $478000 for 10 years. Remember they save $20 for any days which they don't need to drive. Example, if they just drive 5 days a week including weekends (maybe they don't drive on tuesday and wednesday), their cost of ownership drops to $2700 a year or $27000 for 10 years which is a pretty good deal.

Or if they just drive during weekends, basically they pay $0....

Also if they use ERP roads, they pay $5/day.... which can be a great deal...

Also they don't have to pay for 10 years up front..... just $20/day as and when they need....

Also they have discount during the school holidays...
http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=5bb74dd0-ca2b-406e-8c5c-0e340815284a

I have sent a email to LTA asking them why malaysian cars have a cost adv over singaporean cars 2 years ago.... they say they are in the process of reviewing the VEP.... that was 2 years ago...

Because they give you discount for the water :bsmilie:

No need to calculate details. COE is a cash cow. They will never kill it unless the price of keeping it alive is unbearable. e.g. losing at least 5 GRCs in a GE where the voters subsequently give feedback that it was because of the COE. If that event does not occur, COE will continue and keep increasing.
Thread title - what roof? Still a long way to go before it reaches $1 Million COE for small car.

One year cost assuming driving everyday is $4780 a year. or $478000 for 10 years..

You would mean $47,800 for 10 years which is RM120,000, which is quite alot of money to normal Malaysians.

Because they give you discount for the water :bsmilie:

With the 2 months drought I think now we are mostly drinking each others' treated shi t water and piss. :(

Last edited:
You would mean $47,800 for 10 years which is RM120,000, which is quite alot of money to normal Malaysians.

With the 2 months drought I think now we are mostly drinking each others' treated shi t water and piss. :(
foreign registered vehicle pay on a per use basis. plus, many of the vehicles are used for work or income related... which they are able to factor into costs.

the key thing is no need money upfront.
Singapore commuters have been driven into a corner.

uneconomical costs of private ownership plus unreliable, overcrowded and sometimes uncomfortable public transport... dammed if you do, dammed if you don't

Singaporeans drive their vehicles to Malaysia primarily for shopping like in JB. We are contributing to their local economy. While Malaysians drive their vehicles primarily to Singapore to work. It is more for convenient. Nonetheless, they are contributing to our economy too. Singapore needs a large foreign workforce especially from Malaysia. Do you know that Malaysia workers are treated differently compared to workers from South Asia, etc?

foreign registered vehicle pay on a per use basis. plus, many of the vehicles are used for work or income related... which they are able to factor into costs.

the key thing is no need money upfront.
Singapore commuters have been driven into a corner.

yup, if you are driving to singapore regularly, you are working in Singapore. So why the conversion to RM? This affect both individuals and business transport costs. Why are local paying so much more vs foreigners?

Also this does not affect Malaysians only. Basically any foreigner can drive a malaysian registered car at this rate. It is bad enough that singaporeans are subjected to this high COE and bad public transportation network and nothing is being done to curb foreign vehicle growth.

As usual, our garment thinks that foreigners are more impt than local SG

A friend of mine is already thinking of buying a MY car and hire a driver.to drive around. Even with a driver, its still alot cheaper than buying a stupid SG car

Last edited:
No need to calculate details. COE is a cash cow. They will never kill it unless the price of keeping it alive is unbearable. e.g. losing at least 5 GRCs in a GE where the voters subsequently give feedback that it was because of the COE. If that event does not occur, COE will continue and keep increasing.
Thread title - what roof? Still a long way to go before it reaches $1 Million COE for small car.

Then it's time to vote against them

Obviously you are not well versed in the dy/dx math either. LOL. Aka calculus, invented by our good sir Isaac Newton.
Well, I referred to your funky dx/dy attempt, see how little you understand? Go on blabbering, at least it's entertaining a wee bit.

As usual, our garment thinks that foreigners are more impt than local SG

A friend of mine is already thinking of buying a MY car and hire a driver.to drive around. Even with a driver, its still alot cheaper than buying a stupid SG car

I have heard of this idea before and it is quite a good idea. Some more can buy cheap Malaysian petrol. To counter this the government will introduce a rule that drivers entering here must be three quarter Singaporean.

Then it's time to vote against them

How many Joes will really vote against them? Many Joes can only complain here and there, but when comes to action time, they won't vote against because they are afraid of changes. Some will easily buy over by some free chicken rice or goodies during election time.

Our current government will remain in power for a long time.