www.flickr.com
Was hiking in Khatib Bongsu near yishun dam when
i almost step on this fella, shocking some crap
out of me.....:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

2538233695_0c8d8ddf5e_b.jpg

Spitting Cobra

tks for viewing
:D

holy crap. How did you mange all these xotic stuffs? lol. nice ... How far were you? B careful , how come it didnt spit? Whew..

holy crap. How did you mange all these xotic stuffs? lol. nice ... How far were you? B careful , how come it didnt spit? Whew..

:bsmilie: tks knpan, it was a junior cobra, still green at spitting.., i suppose...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

oh man, thats so dangerous la. haha, anyway, admire ur courage. if i were there, i already reach yishun mrt by the time u take this pic.

i saw this once at tekong...
my buddy and i saw it... thought nothing of it as it looked like a normal black snake..

got a shock when it got up and flared at us...

run like mad! haha

nice sharp pic by the way!:thumbsup:

oh man, thats so dangerous la. haha, anyway, admire ur courage. if i were there, i already reach yishun mrt by the time u take this pic.

Yup, or i will shoot with a long lens, something like 1 gazillion mm zoom! Some photos are just not worth dying for. :sweat:

I see your AP is wide open, and the snake looks like it was ready to strike. It's an incredible shot that sends shivers right up and down my spine. The focus is pin sharp, almost feel like I have just been bitten and this is what I see before I lose consciousness. I like the shot a lot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: How long a zoom you used? AP, ISO settings?

From watching t.v. some cobras wait very little time before it strikes. Some will sway around to amplify it's already fearsome pose. Which part of the cobra did you focus on?

beautifully shot and perfect timing :)

wow, nice catch of junior .. perhaps papa cobra was in the vicinity too? :sweat: :bsmilie:

I can literally feel the cobra through this photo:eek:

I think it truly brings out the scene then so much so that viewers can feel how it feels then...:thumbsup: I am inspired how by how you manage to do that through your photo:)

nice shot......

just wondering....what lens you used for this take?

2538233695_0c8d8ddf5e_b.jpg

Spitting Cobra

tks for viewing

Spitting Cobra

tks for viewing
Nice catch.. take note though: The uncle who collects the durian around that area says there is another cobra kind also, the yellow kind which tends to be more playful than the black one. He has been collecting durian from that area for the last 10 years and says that the cobras are attracted there because they are after the rats that are attracted to rotten durians..

He's got a parank in the boot of his van and says this is the durian season - for another 2 weeks.

Durians vs Photos :embrass:

-- Marios

me too:cool::D

wah its been ages since i saw a cobra... last time was when i stayed in a kampong at jln ulu sembawang and a spittin cobra entered the house... my mother freaked out and took the shieldtox to spray.....
the can went hsssssssssssssssssssss
and the snake went hssssssssssssssssss even louder...
my mother panicked, grabbed me and we ran out of the house all the way half a km out to the main road....
great shot! :thumbsup:

Nice catch.. take note though: The uncle who collects the durian around that area says there is another cobra kind also, the yellow kind which tends to be more playful than the black one.

-- Marios

Tell your uncle don't play with the "playful" yellow one. Its the king cobra, not one to mess with. Though not the most venomous of local snakes, king cobras inject huge amounts of venom with every bite - enough to kill an elephant. A human can die within half an hour of being bitten.

only one shot? ;p (a great one btw!)

wah its been ages since i saw a cobra... last time was when i stayed in a kampong at jln ulu sembawang and a spittin cobra entered the house... my mother freaked out and took the shieldtox to spray.....
the can went hsssssssssssssssssssss
and the snake went hssssssssssssssssss even louder...
my mother panicked, grabbed me and we ran out of the house all the way half a km out to the main road....
great shot! :thumbsup:

lol. so shieldtox doesn't really work on cobras then... how does the story end?

Status
Not open for further replies.