ClubSNAPpers in Melbourne..

hi engta, yeah, it will be more convenient to stay near uni but its also not very good as its too close to school. if you know what i mean, as a student i dont really wan to be seeing the school that often. hahaha. but in all seriousness, it's also because most of my friends are living in the city as well. So its much better to be in the city for me than to be in caulfield or malvern. :)
but you are right in some ways as well because it is a pain in the A to drive or take the public transport to/from school during peak hours.

There's no regular meetup, in fact our last kopi session was months ago. Generally whoever wants to can propose a date and venue? There's supposed to be fireworks along Southbank but I imagine there'll be hundreds of people there as well.

Or we can just meet and exchange ideas for group shoots and TCSS.

There's no regular meetup, in fact our last kopi session was months ago. Generally whoever wants to can propose a date and venue? There's supposed to be fireworks along Southbank but I imagine there'll be hundreds of people there as well.

Or we can just meet and exchange ideas for group shoots and TCSS.

Yeah, that is correct in the way that it works here. Propose and the ones who are free come.

The fireworks is at Docklands.

hi engta, yeah, it will be more convenient to stay near uni but its also not very good as its too close to school. if you know what i mean, as a student i dont really wan to be seeing the school that often. hahaha. but in all seriousness, it's also because most of my friends are living in the city as well. So its much better to be in the city for me than to be in caulfield or malvern. :)
but you are right in some ways as well because it is a pain in the A to drive or take the public transport to/from school during peak hours.
I see.. fair enough. :)

KOPI SESSION!

Okay guys, think we're due for another coffee-cum-TCSS session. I'm proposing next Saturday/Sunday which is the 16th/17th of July at 2:30pm, date and time are flexible in case some have to attend church on Sunday afternoon? Venue this time will be Brunetti's near the junction of Lygon Street and Faraday Street. There's free off-street parking within 10 minutes around the nearby houses so those who drive take note. Location is below:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/place?cid=16618101641011052018&q=Brunetti+Cakes,+Lygon+Street,+Carlton,+Victoria&hl=en&ved=0CBEQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=wygVTrIu6feYBa_StbsO

Please list your name and if you prefer a change of date or venue please mention as well, the default will be Sunday 2:30pm unless some can't make it in which case we'll change to Saturday:
1) harnamsc (Han) - okay with either date or time

KOPI SESSION!

Please list your name and if you prefer a change of date or venue please mention as well, the default will be Sunday 2:30pm unless some can't make it in which case we'll change to Saturday:
2) jemapela - Sunday only

KOPI SESSION!

Okay guys, think we're due for another coffee-cum-TCSS session. I'm proposing next Saturday/Sunday which is the 16th/17th of July at 2:30pm, date and time are flexible in case some have to attend church on Sunday afternoon? Venue this time will be Brunetti's near the junction of Lygon Street and Faraday Street. There's free off-street parking within 10 minutes around the nearby houses so those who drive take note. Location is below:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/place?cid=16618101641011052018&q=Brunetti+Cakes,+Lygon+Street,+Carlton,+Victoria&hl=en&ved=0CBEQ-gswAA&sa=X&ei=wygVTrIu6feYBa_StbsO

What about some kind of photoshoots outing instead of tcss session? :)

Didn't think of that, I still don't have my camera yet (stupid August release date for EPL3...........$##@$#@%!!!) and also my intention was to discuss ideas for roadtrips-cum-photography. We could still organise a photo outing instead but I probably won't join in just yet.

What about some kind of photoshoots outing instead of tcss session? :)

cant join in this time. still in singapore for the hols.
also eagerly waiting for the ep3 to be released end of this month. Hopefully will be out before i fly. :)
have not had much of a chance to use my camera in melbourne. a photography outing would be good if possible.

blinkx: When will you be back in Melbourne? Cos I'm waiting for the EPL3 to be released, still keeping tabs on bhphoto and ebay.

Such being the case maybe delay until everyone is back and I get my camera, then we can all meet at Southbank for kopi followed by sunset shooting from Eureka Skydeck? That way I think everyone would be happy. ;)

i'll be back end of this month, 25th.

i tried shooting from eureka previously, but the reflection from the glass panels were a pain to deal with. Anyone had the same experience?

Hi fellow Melbourne ClubSNAPpers, later today 10 july'11 ch7mate 7:30pm-8:30pm got Megastructures, World's Busiest Port - Singapore.. thought some of u might be interested.

Since you'll only be back then, I'm postponing the meetup to Sunday the 31st of July, same timing as before if that's ok with everyone? Venue and shooting to be discussed later as now its the rainy period and we'll probably have grey skies until late August.

As for reflections in the glass, I can only recommend CPL (note, this will restrict your view as your shooting position will be dependant on the 90 degree rule), or bring a snoot or a large cardboard tube and use that to surround your lens while standing close to the glass. That way you'll block the light from your surroundings from hitting your lens which is what causes the reflections in the first place.

i'll be back end of this month, 25th.

i tried shooting from eureka previously, but the reflection from the glass panels were a pain to deal with. Anyone had the same experience?

Hi guys,

As previously mentioned, there will be fireworks every Friday evening at 7pm only for the month of July 2011 at Docklands.

This Friday, 15 July, evening, I will go down to shoot photos of the fireworks. Chance of rain is forecast as only 5% which is bugger all.

If anyone has a sturdy tripod, and any digital camera which can do seconds-long exposure with lenses 28-35mm focal length, you can also do this. Less talk, more do.

I would also suggest that we could add each other in Facebook.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Very unfortunately I'm flying out of Melbourne today for a funeral. I won't do the fireworks on Friday.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your grandma, mate have a safe flight home.

We'll postpone the meetup to early August. Date and venue to be announced at a later date.

Hi guys,

Very unfortunately I'm flying out of Melbourne today for a funeral. I won't do the fireworks on Friday.

*cough cough*

Okay guys, heads up. I'm proposing a meetup on 6th August at 3pm. Venue is La Camera @ Southbank Promenade after which we can head to Eureka Skydeck for shooting. OR if everyone would rather have a beer, then I suggest we meet at 8pm instead at Belgium Beer, Cafe Eureka located 5 Riverside Quay.

Note I still don't have my camera yet so I'll just be chatting and not doing any photography yet.

Presidential Elections ANNOUNCED!

27th August is Polling Day people! Who's up for a trip to Canberra? I'm gonna be serving a one month suspension of my driving license for speeding in September so I might as well enjoy a long drive before that!

Presidential Elections ANNOUNCED!

27th August is Polling Day people! Who's up for a trip to Canberra? I'm gonna be serving a one month suspension of my driving license for speeding in September so I might as well enjoy a long drive before that!

my brother and I are up for it so that's two guys :) Friday night drive, or Saturday drive up? Air tickets look to be out of the question lol.

Er, actually keinc, unless you're a gal that would three guys cos I'm a guy mate. ;p

I suggest we meetup this week to discuss details and accommodation if possible, I'm listing the attendees below:
1) harnamsc
2) keinc
3) keinc's brother