Clubsnap member hyun may be missing in Penang

Status
Not open for further replies.
uneventful or were you caught up in the recent disaster?

hyun said:
thanks every1 just got back, wasn't keeping myself in the loop with the news.
sorry for keeping ya all worrying! thanks for caring!

Welcome home hyun! What a relief! Got us praying and hanging on for this good news.

It's good to know that though many of us do not know you personally, we do care for another CSer. Well come back.

hope you all didn't find my reply too short. was feeling quite apologetic that i didn't call home - parents worried and everything. one important lesson.

it struck me to call back but the thought was soon lost cos i have this bad habit of being uncontactable. you would think that, hmm, just 50 odd dead in penang, no mention of singaporeans, doesn't sound like a big disaster (that was the initial news). must call home, must call ... until soon it got a little forgotten.

but while we travel we need to be aware that people back home just have NO INFO about you, and certainly will worry. 50 dead is what is known - it's the unknown that scares people.

so i learnt this good lesson and you guys should call home too when things happen. even if it's some unlikely incident - folks back home will wonder, unlikely yes but what if .. what if??

as for experiences? i think i was about 5-10 km away from disaster area, have to check the map, can't remember the exact distances. was at a stream and locals were peering at it, and so i did too. why was the stream water sloshing up and down? and the fishing boats kenna pushed together, jiggling up and down the slightly larger waves than normal in a small stream.

now we know lah - at that time, roughly when the wave struck, the force was transmitted some way upstream as well. but really nobody knew what was going on - you can't feel it, you can't hear it. unless you're near ground zero.

as for photography - it didn't feel quite right to go take pictures, so i avoided going there. i don't work as a photojournalist and with this attitude i certainly won't make it. but taking fotos of people's misery - i'll leave it to the press descending upon the area. another tourist like me would just be KAY POH.

yqt said:
It's good to know that though many of us do not know you personally, we do care for another CSer. Well come back.

hey, we're all a family. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.