ClubSNAP Forums Database damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for restoring the server and for your effort. It's okay and this place is a great place after all. :)

Edmund,

You have done a great job already! I'm a IT Administrator. From the progression you have recover, you have done beyond that already!

How come such a important forums without run a transaction log backup at least every hours so that such case wouldnt happen? or at least can recover until the last hour of failure?

How come such a important forums without run a transaction log backup at least every hours so that such case wouldnt happen? or at least can recover until the last hour of failure?
That would require too much hardware - will require a slave server to replicate the database and then another storage device to perform the backups - Our database size now is in excess of 6GB thus an hourly backup is not feasible on our current hardware.

Of course, if you are willing to sponsor such a setup, we can talk ;). Call me if you have anything useful to share.

That would require too much hardware - will require a slave server to replicate the database and then another storage device to perform the backups - Our database size now is in excess of 6GB thus an hourly backup is not feasible on our current hardware.

Of course, if you are willing to sponsor such a setup, we can talk ;). Call me if you have anything useful to share.

Transaction log backup is not a replication method. thus no need slave server or additional storage device.

Anyway i believe 6GB for a database is not really consider huge.

Transaction log backup for an hourly schedule is really taking a small chunk of data. it depends on that hour's transaction.

since you have a full backup run every midnite. thus transaction log backup data up to the hour before full backup still can recover more over after your full backup is done. you can just override it.

just a suggestion only.

No offence here.

Many thanks for all that I have learnt from Clubsnap since I joined and the hours I have spent reading all the threads and forum messages.

I have great admiration for all the work that you guys put in behind the scene and rewarded only by self-satisfaction for work well done.

I know it is easy to say "keep up the good work", but I do not have the IT technical skill to contribute.

However, please let me know if I can help somehow.

Things happen, we understand. No worries.

Thanks for getting things back up and running again... appreciate the work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dear Edmund & Adminstrators,

Thank You very much for the job well done. :cheergal:

Thanks for everyone's kind support and encouragements, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.