Climbing Mt Seorak in Korea

Thanks for everyone who have commented and given assistance !
Happy to be back in one piece. Very nice and enjoyable scenery. :)

Will be uploading pictures in a separate thread, with a short discussion on itinerary planning.
Uploading speed will be slow over a couple of months.... need to deal with real work first :bsmilie:

Thank you !!

Welcome back! How was the trip? Hope you enjoyed yourself :)
Take your time with the photos. I understand the pain of going through all of them. I had the same experience in a recent trip where I took too many :p

driveanegg,
welcome back! I'm interested in hallasan probably next year, hope to catch a glimpse of what it's like there
how about some teaser shots first? :p

bro driveanegg. Well come back bro.
M goin to Korea next two weeks. Can't wait to get there.
Don't forget to post your exploring experience to Mt.Seorak ... :)

Hi, Guys, I just returned from Korea too. Spend two days in seorak mountain instead of three days. Wish I could have more time exploring there. Totally beautiful fall. The palaces in Seoul are very impressive too. Will upload some photoes when ready. :)

Hi, Guys, I just returned from Korea too. Spend two days in seorak mountain instead of three days. Wish I could have more time exploring there. Totally beautiful fall. The palaces in Seoul are very impressive too. Will upload some photoes when ready. :)

Wah...looking forward to the pics :D

Last edited:
Some photoes of seoraksan
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798503

And some photoes of seoul
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798260

Only visit a small portion of seoraksan due to time limit. :dunno: what a pity! Hope to visit there again in the future.:)

Some photoes seems a bit blur after upload to flickr. Do not know how.:dunno:

Great shots you have there!

How was the trip? Is it easy to get around if I don't know Korean well?

I climbed Hachimantai, Nokogiri and Haguro (all pretty easy except for Hachimantai) alone in Japan this year and got hooked. Hope to climb the famous Seorak next year. So please share more information everyone!

Wow! Focus627! Great photos!!! Seroak is awesome in fall!!!

Great shots you have there!

How was the trip? Is it easy to get around if I don't know Korean well?

I climbed Hachimantai, Nokogiri and Haguro (all pretty easy except for Hachimantai) alone in Japan this year and got hooked. Hope to climb the famous Seorak next year. So please share more information everyone!
Thanks. Very convenient. Direct bus take only a little more than 2 hours to go to sokcho from seoul. The seats on the bus are very comfortable. We stayed in a motel that is vey close to bus station, mentioned in lonely planet.

There are many hiking routes in seoraksan. We only visited a few that is very close to the popular entrance. Most popular routes are easy to walk. I am sure there are much more challenge routes. If want to go far, must stay in shelters on the mountain overnight. For shutterbugs, the problem is that if you stop too often to take photoes, you will not have enough time to cover long distance before getting dark. Better go out very early and keep time in mind.

I am going to scan some maps and material i gathered for seorak mountain to share information when i am free. Most information can be found on korea national park website though.

BTW, sokcho city and surrounding area also worth exploring. :) Had two cheap BBQ buffets at a local store near the sea.:D

Last edited:
focus 627, ur pictures are so nice !!
dont dare to put up my pictures liao..... :embrass:
can share tips on PP ???

its actually very easy to get to seoraksan from seoul.
Just PM me if you are interested... will be putting up information when I have the time :)

can share tips on PP ???

Just PM me if you are interested... will be putting up information when I have the time :)
Hi bro, Do not say that. :DI m sure your photoes will show a different perspective. As for PP, I often use curves with masks, highlight/shadow and occasionally hue/saturation. Sometime adjustment of different areas with diffent curves can be very useful.:)Hope it helps.

BTW, sokcho city and surrounding area also worth exploring. :) Had two cheap BBQ buffets at a local store near the sea.:D

hi focus,
do u have any foto on sokcho? i missed that as I was rushing myself back to seoul

can share tips on PP ???

pls do share your foto if you can, every pictures tell a different story
i'm more interested to learn about new places to go :)