Client loses CD of source files and requires a new one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, no need to charge. Just ask them outright that you don't charge them but hope they can refer clients to you when the opportunity comes along! They will be too paiseh to say no and feel obliged!

If I am the boss of this company, if u give me another CD free, I will recommend more customers for u, if u charge me, this will be the last transaction with our company.

:sticktong

jOhO said:
hehe thanx! of course u're right, but my friend (not just any "other" person) was so insistant that i was like shocked.. ahahah

but i also do know why she said that lar.. abit biased but anyway that's another story not to be told here.. hehehe

thanx again! :)

your friend is not you. i don't even know if your friend is in the photography line. take her advice with some chilli sauce.

be generous when you can, do you need money so badly that you need to charge for a replacement CD? you decide.

Paul_Yeo said:
If I am the boss of this company, if u give me another CD free, I will recommend more customers for u, if u charge me, this will be the last transaction with our company.

if only things are so black and white in life.

I have lost a CD of my wedding photoshoot. After paying so much for the whole shoot (>$2k), the studio insisted on charging us $20 for the CD. Kinda put off by the whole thing. I can understand if they were to charge me to cover cost and expenses but $20 for a CD and probably less than 3 mins of their time burning the CD?

sometimes bcos of a few dollar of a CD price, u may lose future potential customers recommendations.

think of it this way, what will he think if u want to charge him? for me, i will think, "a replacement CD also want to charge!" if u dun charge him, generally, i guess people will be pleasantly surprised and grateful.

even if he dun recommend any potential customers to u in future, the only lost to u is just the CD price. nothing much .

jOhO said:
but i also do know why she said that lar.. abit biased but anyway that's another story not to be told here.. hehehe
AAAAHHHH, come on.....tell us, lah!.........:)

HS

i tink its better to do out of goodwill la..

its good for business also..

buten if they every two days lose CD then something is wrong la

Witness said:
i tink its better to do out of goodwill la..

its good for business also..

buten if they every two days lose CD then something is wrong la
Give three CD's, just in case.........

Paul_Yeo said:

your thinking is fair enuff, but not many bosses are like u! ahhah.. many are ngeow, and they think it's their entitlement that u should give them free. also i suspect that this has nothing to do with the boss, or any decision maker in the company. it has to do with the staff that lost the CD and wanting to cover his/her backside. ;p

so i'm actually saving someone's backside.. my sideline job.. ahhaha

eikin said:
your friend is not you. i don't even know if your friend is in the photography line. take her advice with some chilli sauce.

be generous when you can, do you need money so badly that you need to charge for a replacement CD? you decide.
of course not lar.. heeh thanx for ur encouragement. :)

it makes good business to give it to them FOC even if the person is not the boss but just want to cover his/her backside. You never know, this person may climb up one day, recommand friends to you or even one day, you need him/her to cover your backside.

You may give it FOC, but put some words on the CD cover/label that it is a complimentary from your side. Would be good for your future marketing.

jOhO said:
your thinking is fair enuff, but not many bosses are like u! ahhah.. many are ngeow, and they think it's their entitlement that u should give them free. also i suspect that this has nothing to do with the boss, or any decision maker in the company. it has to do with the staff that lost the CD and wanting to cover his/her backside. ;p

so i'm actually saving someone's backside.. my sideline job.. ahhaha

if u give CD free to ngeow bosses, they will not be grateful.

but if u dun give CD free to ngeow bosses, they will be offended.

think i would choose the former choice :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.