Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
erm, not sure who told you but I don't think you got the right info. the initial price estimates (sorry I can't really get into details) i got was nowhere near $1k (which is the price of the Quantum 2X2). it's never been EG's policy to price items so high anyway but to make it more affordable for photographers to enjoy.

anyway let's just wait for the confirmed price to be out and product to be launched officially...
maybe wrong info given by their staff...i was surprised by that price quote too..

WARRANTY? hows warranty?

hmmm paiseh, but when is the earliest i can get a hold on this item?:)

I hope the "teaser" was not released too early as this will cause people to lose interest eventually.

Can we have a rough estimate on when this unit will be available? Jan/Feb/March? Maybe they are working on the prices now but a rough estimate for delivery from their manufacturers would help. Thanks.

Actually they should rename thread "Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back but not on yr bank"

Actually they should rename thread "Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back but not on yr bank"
Ok i can safely say for sure it's not going to be $1k. think many of you have been fed the wrong info by the junior staff...

I'm gonna drop a big hint and hope EG doesn't kill me - the price is going to be roughly half the retail price of the Quantum 2x2 in SG. So just do a little research and you'll know approx what it'll cost. i can't say any more than that...

availability-wise, they are still gathering some feedback on performance from beta testing. once the performance is tried and tested to spec, they should be bringing the stocks in.

hmm...then how come their sales staff are telling customers that it costs ~$1k???
yeah i'm curious about that too. a case of miscommunication somewhere down the line i think. anyway i've already fedback to the EG folks about this.

Ok i can safely say for sure it's not going to be $1k. think many of you have been fed the wrong info by the junior staff...

I'm gonna drop a big hint and hope EG doesn't kill me - the price is going to be roughly half the retail price of the Quantum 2x2 in SG. So just do a little research and you'll know approx what it'll cost. i can't say any more than that...

availability-wise, they are still gathering some feedback on performance from beta testing. once the performance is tried and tested to spec, they should be bringing the stocks in.

this sounds better .. at least half the price.. ;)

quick update... i'm testing the prototype as we speak. the power level is down to 2 bars (out of 5) and the refresh rate at full blast is still less than one second. It's not 100% scientific but I'm looking at the indicator light (which changes from red to green when it's done refreshing) and my clock at same time, and I'd guess the refresh rate is around 3/4 of a second. this is after using the batt pack in actual field work. so in the field, if you're not shooting full blasts all the way (which would prob fry your speedlight anyway), the refresh should be plenty fast.

hmm...then how come their sales staff are telling customers that it costs ~$1k???

$500 for the battery pack and $499.99 for the connecting cables? :bsmilie:

I am just being cheeky... now my interest is back...

By the way, I hope that EG, as a service to customers, will help order cables for the customers who buy their packs. There are many of those who are not on N/C and I hope that this will not become a "majority users only product". This kind of things will go very far for customer service.

Just my two cents for those on other camera systems.

looks good if it's gonna be half the price of the quantum :thumbsup:

but.. i already have the quantum... :confused:

for those who haven't experienced the joy of having fast recharge times, u should try it. u won't be able to wipe the smile off ur face especially if u're a machine gunner. just dun sell ur flash to me second hand. ;p

looks good if it's gonna be half the price of the quantum :thumbsup:

but.. i already have the quantum... :confused:

for those who haven't experienced the joy of having fast recharge times, u should try it. u won't be able to wipe the smile off ur face especially if u're a machine gunner. just dun sell ur flash to me second hand. ;p

get 1 as backup? heh.

still no news on the pricing and release date.

Thank you for your interest in our product - Charger Devices CD-2X2

We will be showcasing the Charger Devices CD-2X2 at the coming "Beyond the Shutter Click" Digital Imaging Seminar organised by Canon and ClubSNAP.

Interested users can try out the Charger Devices CD-2X2 on their Canon 550EX or 580EX equipped cameras.

Additional details will be released at the Seminar.

Thank you for your interest in our product - Charger Devices CD-2X2

We will be showcasing the Charger Devices CD-2X2 at the coming "Beyond the Shutter Click" Digital Imaging Seminar organised by Canon and ClubSNAP.

Interested users can try out the Charger Devices CD-2X2 on their Canon 550EX or 580EX equipped cameras.

Additional details will be released at the Seminar.

nikon flash cannot use??:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.