Changing lens w/o turning off the cam

oh, should i sent for servicing every month then? Thanks for your advice, i didnt know it

I thot general maintenance service is like once every year...shd be stated smwhere in the manual... if go every month, unless you can't stand the slightest possibility of dust on sensor and focusing screen....

I thot general maintenance service is like once every year...shd be stated smwhere in the manual... if go every month, unless you can't stand the slightest possibility of dust on sensor and focusing screen....

Well, he has been changing lenses without turning the camera off.

Oh, ok...i think i need to go down to CSC...but i'd rather wait for the 1DS mk4 to come out than spend money on servicing the 1DS mk 3, and daredevil, i reserved my 1DSmk3 for you ;)

Sorry. I am with the dark side. :devil:

I'll still take it, if it is free.

When your sensor is powered on, it will have electrical charge going through it, it will create static around the sensor, and will dust magnet, attracting dust to it.

You were saying you are worried that the on-off switch will break due to over use due to turning on and off when changing lens. That is one of the most classic piece of kiasu kiasi bull I heard in a long time. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

so long as u dun abuse it too much can liao. worse come to worse just take a blower and blow it off later. if really cannot send to csc. if ur in an event shooting and u need to get the moment, the last thing on ur mind is if u switched off ur camera.

but if its leisurely, like take landscapes, i think off will be good.

dun abuse it can liao:)

I think theres a bit of dust in my cam...how bout i post some pics and you guys help me see if i need to throw it away

Don't bother to do it here la. Bring to CSC. You have the FLAGSHIP leh...

You very naughty leh...shoo off newbies :(

No la. you say yourself one mah, flagship mah, CSC should take care.

I very nice to newbies one. You newbie meh? You using FLAGSHIP leh...

turning off to change lens is to reduce chances of dust sticking to the sensor.

guys, i suspect cssupporter is a troll.

just report his posts, let the mods deal with him. in the meantime, just ignore and carry on. there will always be troublemakers around.

Sir, please explain yourself

Btw, here is the pic, is there a lot of dusts? And in that plane going into sonic boom? I am not a plane activist :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52352745@N08/4825862923/

Thank you

if tt's dust on the plane...I think it's reasonable too since you don't off your cam when changing lens:bsmilie: by the way, you can see for yourself the dust, isn't it?

aint P mode Professional mode?

if pros cant use P mode, why is this function even in the FLAGSHIP series in the first place?

Initially, my sister look at my DSLR not long after I brought it and ask me if this can record video in the TV mode?:bsmilie:
TV = Television.