Canon Powershot A570 IS photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
One feature I find about A570IS is that it allows zooming when you are taking video, not much mentioned on this feature on most of the spec.

the zoom during taking video is only digital.. optical zoom is disable during the actual recording process.... i believe the optical zoom will create noise that would interfere with the sound recording... but then before the actual recording, you are free to use optical zoom to zoom to the correct actual zoom required :lovegrin:

i second that.. and pls DUN use alkaline / lithium batteries.. they DUN last :bsmilie:
you would only be wasting ur own $$$... :bigeyes:

my recommendation is like what was mentioned, getting 2500mah and above batteries.. if you are using Sanyo 2500, please ensure what you have gotten is the new batch.. I was using the old batch and experienced severe battery discharge... since then, i have gotten 12 batteries replacement at Sanyo for free! what was given, is the new package in orange colour, and best of all, its still made in japan! :thumbsup:

So sorry didnt mention this, thx to Bro Weixiang for the add-on advise. Dont buy ni-cd due to memory effect. Use only ni-mh as they are cheap for the quality and last longer. Sanyo batteries are the best economical and good. Try to get 2700mah and 2500mah types.

mmz... well the price difference between a 50X and 120X card is very marginal... only about a few dollars difference... and yes, i do use the video cam function in A570IS intensively... @ 320x240 res, 30fps... at times i would even go up to 640x480 res, 30 fps.. therefore, imho, getting a 120X is the best bang for your $$$... especially when writing / reading from the card..

at times, i even find myself using it as a backup thumb drive, due to its extreme high write / read speed capability... >20Mb/sec... :sweatsm:

and mmz... during my recent trip to shanghai, i brought with me about 8gb worth of SD card, and i used about 7Gb worth of stuff :sweatsm: i have since transfered them out and saved them in DVD roms.. i made 2 copies :lovegrin:

Well, it depends on individual. I would not risk damaging the card after I had taken precious photos moments. Taking the SD card in means risk of damaging by dropping,.... Placing some others files may risk corruptions to this card and will end up lost of pictures. Thats why I follow the rule, 1 device 1 card. If I want to save some files, I would use a thumb drive which is USB, tremendously faster, more robust and a more standard device. If I want to really save big big files, I would rather use an external USB hardisk.

I will not buy the 120X yet because few bucks are money too. For example, I see A product is $30 and B is better at $38. Then I see C product $45 and then D is $52. Next before I have noticed, I had bought a $80 product. LOL. I wont want to repeat my history, LOL:confused:

i second that.. and pls DUN use alkaline / lithium batteries.. they DUN last :bsmilie:
you would only be wasting ur own $$$... :bigeyes:

my recommendation is like what was mentioned, getting 2500mah and above batteries.. if you are using Sanyo 2500, please ensure what you have gotten is the new batch.. I was using the old batch and experienced severe battery discharge... since then, i have gotten 12 batteries replacement at Sanyo for free! what was given, is the new package in orange colour, and best of all, its still made in japan! :thumbsup:

Bro WeiXiang,
Thank you so much for ur deatailed review for the Powershot 570. it's been a donkey years that i have stepped into CS, eversince my Canon A70!! ahhaha
ur reviews have certainly make it clear that 570 is the correct replacement for A70!
btw, can i check with you, as for the Sanyo 2500mah batts, i am facing th serious problem of fast discharge as well. in fact, my old GP 2100mah batteries are performing better than the Sanyo 2500mah!
may i know how to go about requesting for replacemnet from Sanyo?

thnx in advance!

kilato

Well, it depends on individual. I would not risk damaging the card after I had taken precious photos moments. Taking the SD card in means risk of damaging by dropping,.... Placing some others files may risk corruptions to this card and will end up lost of pictures. Thats why I follow the rule, 1 device 1 card. If I want to save some files, I would use a thumb drive which is USB, tremendously faster, more robust and a more standard device. If I want to really save big big files, I would rather use an external USB hardisk.

I will not buy the 120X yet because few bucks are money too. For example, I see A product is $30 and B is better at $38. Then I see C product $45 and then D is $52. Next before I have noticed, I had bought a $80 product. LOL. I wont want to repeat my history, LOL:confused:

mmz.. some good points there.. but i beg to differ USB is not tremendously faster... there are hardly any USB thumbdrive that can hit the write/read speed of 120X... if u buy a good one, which is fast speed, be thankful if it can hit 50x... i know coz i did intensive research on this area before :lovegrin:

like the sandisk titanium USB 2 hi speed, it can only hit 8-9Mb/sec for writing... if you can those certified USB 2.0 full speed, it can only hit a pathetic 2-3Mb/sec for writing.. that's really terribly slow..

a 120X SD card can hit 20++ Mb/sec for write and read... that's what i call fast

Bro WeiXiang,
Thank you so much for ur deatailed review for the Powershot 570. it's been a donkey years that i have stepped into CS, eversince my Canon A70!! ahhaha
ur reviews have certainly make it clear that 570 is the correct replacement for A70!
btw, can i check with you, as for the Sanyo 2500mah batts, i am facing th serious problem of fast discharge as well. in fact, my old GP 2100mah batteries are performing better than the Sanyo 2500mah!
may i know how to go about requesting for replacemnet from Sanyo?

thnx in advance!

kilato

no problem...

Well, you can refer to this expired thread...

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=176864&page=14&highlight=sanyo+2500mah

;) hope it helps.....

wanna ask, when taking night shots w/o flash,

will oning the IS help in the shot?

wanna ask, when taking night shots w/o flash,

will oning the IS help in the shot?

of coz lah... i tot my photos are self explanatory... i took the first shot without flash, without tripod, on a moving cruise boat.. with image stabliser on.. :bsmilie:

mmz.. some good points there.. but i beg to differ USB is not tremendously faster... there are hardly any USB thumbdrive that can hit the write/read speed of 120X... if u buy a good one, which is fast speed, be thankful if it can hit 50x... i know coz i did intensive research on this area before :lovegrin:

like the sandisk titanium USB 2 hi speed, it can only hit 8-9Mb/sec for writing... if you can those certified USB 2.0 full speed, it can only hit a pathetic 2-3Mb/sec for writing.. that's really terribly slow..

a 120X SD card can hit 20++ Mb/sec for write and read... that's what i call fast

Every company places high speed in their product, so dont be cheated. Some companies even declared the speed which are not up to there. Most of us bought the lousy and slow thumb drive which are over-flooded in the market. They are cheap. :O
Thumb drive market is the more demand market for data storage manufacturers.
So the technology will be faster because of the market demand. Thumb drive is bigger size so data storage will be bigger too. The fastest SD in the market now is only 150X, 25Mbs.
Thumb drive is still popular because of USB design and the size is just right. USB2.0 design allows higher amperage and frequency than the new launch SD2.0. So this means still big development for USB.
These few brands and speed of thumb drive:
Corsair Flash Voyager GT 34Mbs
Memina Rocket 30Mbs
Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 30Mbs
OCZ Rally 2 28Mbs
Kingston Data Traveler Secure 24Mbs
SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 15Mbs

of coz lah... i tot my photos are self explanatory... i took the first shot without flash, without tripod, on a moving cruise boat.. with image stabliser on.. :bsmilie:

;) makes us no regrets for choosing a camera with manual functions. good pictures with good camera

I bought on Tue. Got a GP charger and batteries and SD card (not redeem from Canon). Thinking of buying additional SD card. Any idea on what to look out for for SD card. I see many of the 2G SD, but do not have high speed printed. Any suggestion?

Can I know how many pictures you are able to take with these fullcharged GP batteries? Are they 2300mah? I had enquired from Canon, they told me that they gives out GP charger and battery of 2300mah. So that means some shops may have given non Canon original charger and batteries. It seems Powerbase batteries arent that long lasting. Can snap between 230 to 280 photos with and without flashes.

Weixiang's Sanyo able to snap 300-400 so that means Powerbase isnt really 2700 mah but maybe 2100 mah. Sanyo specs can be trusted but unlike Taiwan/Hk/China specs. Powerbase is a hk company and the battery is made in China.

you mean you got this camera for $380 in May??? and to think I got my 850 for $670 in mid April :mad2:

you mean you got this camera for $380 in May??? and to think I got my 850 for $670 in mid April :mad2:

ya, i got A570IS for $380 in May... ur 850 is ixus..

ixus brand = expensive :dunno:
dun need to :mad2:...

Can I know how many pictures you are able to take with these fullcharged GP batteries? Are they 2300mah? I had enquired from Canon, they told me that they gives out GP charger and battery of 2300mah.

They are 2300mah. But dun have the opportunities to test out so many shots. will be happy if it can go 200 shots. Anyway, can use normal AA batteries, so no worries.

if you have limited funds, A570IS is a good choice, dun ned to get A720IS if u dun need the extra 6X zoom, this comes with 4X zoom, but its $ 150++ cheaper

similar size lens wor, 1/2.5 inch Canon CCD :bsmilie:

Hi

Are there any made in Japan model available in Singapore. What I last saw was "Made in Malaysia".

Thanks

Hi

Are there any made in Japan model available in Singapore. What I last saw was "Made in Malaysia".

Thanks

nope... unless u get parallel imported set, aka grey set... dun worrie lah.. won't spoil so easily...

fujifilm cameras F series, all made in china set :sweatsm:

Was considering whether to get IXUS70 or A570IS. But after reading all your posts, I've decided to get A570IS. :D I was quoted $330 for A570IS by MS Color with 2gb SD card and rechargable batt. Does anyone know whether it includes 7% gst? Is it better to wait for the next comex for more freebies?

A570IS is cheap economically, gd manual. good sharp coloured shots.

It's pretty good for anyone who dun mind the "larger then pocket" size. For people who want to learn manual shots with budgets. and also can be a real good point and shoot camera.

The newer A590IS is nthing much difference, just primary the colouration and increased pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.