Canon EOS Vs Nikon D

...But seriously, the price doesn't change much from launch to replacement. Then again, I could be wrong. .... ;p

They do fluctuate. Lets take D90 kit as example.

When just launched it was selling over 1800. Later around mid-life (1 year) it was selling for 1650-1700. Since middle of this year, D90 kit is selling for around 1450.

I would call that change.

They do fluctuate. Lets take D90 kit as example.

When just launched it was selling over 1800. Later around mid-life (1 year) it was selling for 1650-1700. Since middle of this year, D90 kit is selling for around 1450.

I would call that change.

Thanks for the example. I know that prices go down by at least $100 after a year, but they sure dip a lot more once there's news of a replacement. :think:

The only prices I monitor are from BnS, especially when people offload their gears for the new model. ;p

FYI that's rubbish. So what would you do if I told you that Sony was best for skintone and Olympus for outdoors? Or that Hasselblad is best for skintone and Pentax for outdoor?

then what is nikon good for?? :)

Last edited:
dpreview - Buying a digital SLR guide
Buying an SLR is, for many people, only the first step on what can become a lifelong relationship with a specific camera system, so it's important to look at the 'bigger picture' when making your choice. The camera is only part of the equation when it comes to image quality; the lens has an equally important role to play. Most of the major players have broadly similar lens options (and there's plenty of third-party alternatives for those that don't), but inevitably each has its relative strengths and weaknesses. If you have a specific application that needs specialized lenses (or other accessories) it's worth doing some research before committing to one system or another

Hope this won't confuse you further.:bsmilie:
There is a side by side comparison option in the dpreview if you like to compare the camera based purely on functions.

llliang, do you have any good friends who know a little more about DSLR than youself?
You see, often by talking to this friend, and asking to try out his DSLR camera, would give you a much better idea.
Better yet, if he/she has the time, go out looking around and shopping for DSLR in the reputable shops.
But don't rush, neither be rushed into buying any camera AND its accessories by the sales staff.
Take your own time to make the final decision.

At the end of the day, you just have to close one eye and take the plunge, whichever system you finally choose.

bro, they not starting at your nikon. They are staring at you. You too yandao already.

You don't feel the stare too meh bro?

wait.... if we keep going like this... ts might consider nikon based on making him look yan dao. :bsmilie: afterall dslr are becoming a fashion statement.;)

You don't feel the stare too meh bro?

wait.... if we keep going like this... ts might consider nikon based on making him look yan dao. :bsmilie: afterall dslr are becoming a fashion statement.;)

I don't get stares leh... maybe they think my cam too newbie already.. coz I put so many weird things on it, string la, L bracket la, spirit level la... carabinder la...

I don't get stares leh... maybe they think my cam too newbie already.. coz I put so many weird things on it, string la, L bracket la, spirit level la... carabinder la...

Got bling bling too?

May I know why using a DSLR = spending more time in Photoshop/editing softwares than PnS?

May I know why using a DSLR = spending more time in Photoshop/editing softwares than PnS?

When you shoot in raw, the image comes out unprocessed compared to jpeg like when you use a PnS. Some processing is done when image is recorded in jpeg, so it looks better.

pics from PnS cams are like cooked food..... just buy and eat

RAW output images are like raw meat and vegetables ..... u need to cook it to your style and satisfaction

A PNS is designed to give you "print ready" output. A DSLR is designed to give you as much control over the picture as possible, and the most room for adjustments - in other words, to be "hands off" and leave the rest to you.

pics from PnS cams are like cooked food..... just buy and eat

RAW output images are like raw meat and vegetables ..... u need to cook it to your style and satisfaction

:thumbsup:

So TS, are you the hawker centre kind of guy or are you the chef kind of guy? ;)