Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question.

Is the use of flash gels necessary to get the correct WB instead of using on-cam AWB or Flash WB?

I'm having a serious thots on this.

An used 1D MKII & Brand new 50D. Feedback?
Both about the same value or 1D is priced a little higher with a near mint set?

i think u need my assurance of 1 series... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
no need to think further.

i think u need my assurance of 1 series... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
no need to think further.

:bsmilie: I handled both 1D MKII and 50D for shoots before. I'm in awe of both (burst mode) but leh, the 50D of cos cannot smell the 1 series backside la.

The shutter sound of 1 series makes me go up to heaven. Haha!

what condition u shooting? u can manually set your K of your WB.

How to manual set temp? Custom WB ah? If so hor, my Custom WB always go haywire. Haha! :bsmilie:

In condition like got flourescent and tungsten, flourescent and natural light?

:bigeyes:

Found an antique photo of me during my army time. LOL! Dunno can post or not. Scared breach of security. ;p

:bsmilie: I handled both 1D MKII and 50D for shoots before. I'm in awe of both (burst mode) but leh, the 50D of cos cannot smell the 1 series backside la.

The shutter sound of 1 series makes me go up to heaven. Haha!

nah... u should try 10D, so far the most quiet (or quietest - got this word?) shutter sound i have ever heard (and own). but mind u, the batteries cost a bomb, so does the travel charger.

nah... u should try 10D, so far the most quiet (or quietest - got this word?) shutter sound i have ever heard (and own). but mind u, the batteries cost a bomb, so does the travel charger.

Heard of 10D prowness but I dun care the loudness. Haha! :bsmilie:

Dun have quietest this word. Most quiet. ;)

How to manual set temp? Custom WB ah? If so hor, my Custom WB always go haywire. Haha! :bsmilie:

In condition like got flourescent and tungsten, flourescent and natural light?

custom WB is reference to a 'grey card' (which u shoot).
manual set temp is the Kelvin, something like 5500K.. etc.
the flouro, tungsten, etc are presets which suits to normally encountered situation.

the flouro, tungsten, etc are presets which suits to normally encountered situation.

My little 450D cannot manual set K. Only custom WB.

So far, I feel that using custom WB after shooting with a grey card works very well for tungsten lighting, than it does for fluorescent lighting. No matter what I've tried, I always end up with a blue tint when I use customWB under fluorescent lighting. But surprisingly, autoWB seems to work well for fluorescent lighting.

I don't think the 450D can set Kelvin temp for manual WB, but since I carry my grey card set in the camera bag, I haven't encountered any "problems" except when I forget to set WB before shooting.

I'm having a serious thots on this.

An used 1D MKII & Brand new 50D. Feedback?
Both about the same value or 1D is priced a little higher with a near mint set?

In terms of technology etc, 50D should be much better. For AF, ID MKII is the winner though. :) Give and take, decide on what really fits your requirement.

my 10D is still going strong.. gaffered like koyok..
:thumbsup:

:bsmilie: Not like bak chang? :bsmilie:

Suddenly all SHOWED up to chiong to Season 11.

Let's do it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Suddenly all SHOWED up to chiong to Season 11.

Let's do it. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: It has been a long time.

So far, I feel that using custom WB after shooting with a grey card works very well for tungsten lighting, than it does for fluorescent lighting. No matter what I've tried, I always end up with a blue tint when I use customWB under fluorescent lighting. But surprisingly, autoWB seems to work well for fluorescent lighting.

I don't think the 450D can set Kelvin temp for manual WB, but since I carry my grey card set in the camera bag, I haven't encountered any "problems" except when I forget to set WB before shooting.

when shooting under influence of alcohol.. i mean flouro, do ensure s/speed does not go faster than 1/250, max is 1/125. if exceed u will get green tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.