Canon EOS 350D at Comex

Status
Not open for further replies.
sumball said:
btw, cheeyt. if only 3D2N biz trip. not much chances to shoot also lar... why not rent a cam for few days and save for a better body like 20D?

Yup, actually not only the 3D2N trip. I only doing some coverage for my organization as time goes by. However cant be claim. So I do have to spend within my limit.

whacker said:
Just curious. What camera are you using currently?

I am currently using Fujifilm S5600.

sumball said:
Not exactly right. 400D has a bigger LCD to check your pic but if you dun check, it is find. I seldom check and the hi reso of 10.1mp for ppl who like to shoot first and compose in PS by re-cropping ;p. Pretty handy...
I spent money on a good lens, I don't usually check if my shots are focused or not. ;) The RGB histogram is quite useful though, but for advanced users I'll say..

Heh As for flash, get the Sigma Super DG 500.. It's about $375 new.. It's good. Very good. Much better than the $500 430EX.

The 75-300 isn't worth the $300.. It's a really really bad lens.

IMHO don't worry about the 10MP. it's just going to kill your harddisk space. As well as your computer when you do processing eventually. You're not going to spend $20 per photo to print at A3 size for all your photos ya? Do you plan to spend another $600 to upgrade your computer?

As it is, 8MP is an over-kill for you. Don't worry about "future proofing" your camera. Just for your info, even 6MP is an over kill for stuff like Straits Times, most magazines, etc.

Best to get a 2nd hand 350D from the forum.. get yourself a complete system before you worry about the body again.

sumball said:
Forget about the EF75-300mm. Top up a few more ten buck and get the Sigma 70-300 macro 1:2. You wont regret it.

Totally agreed, Sigma 70-300 is much better then Canon 75-300. Sigma 70-300 1st hand ard $330+.

unseen said:
I spent money on a good lens, I don't usually check if my shots are focused or not. ;) The RGB histogram is quite useful though, but for advanced users I'll say..

Heh As for flash, get the Sigma Super DG 500.. It's about $375 new.. It's good. Very good. Much better than the $500 430EX.

The 75-300 isn't worth the $300.. It's a really really bad lens.

IMHO don't worry about the 10MP. it's just going to kill your harddisk space. As well as your computer when you do processing eventually. You're not going to spend $20 per photo to print at A3 size for all your photos ya? Do you plan to spend another $600 to upgrade your computer?

As it is, 8MP is an over-kill for you. Don't worry about "future proofing" your camera. Just for your info, even 6MP is an over kill for stuff like Straits Times, most magazines, etc.

Best to get a 2nd hand 350D from the forum.. get yourself a complete system before you worry about the body again.

If you really need to use it soon and can have another option instead of c.c, you cannot go wrong with unseen's advise.

Used to have the S5000 myself. Good cam but you will love the SLR. Saw in BS this morning http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=219766 350D kit with flash with cf card and with 1 month warranty at $850. :bigeyes: This setup is good enough to get you going. Dun worry about the zoom. As you start shooting, you will know your needs and buy from there.

kernik said:
If you really need to use it soon and can have another option instead of c.c, you cannot go wrong with unseen's advise.

Used to have the S5000 myself. Good cam but you will love the SLR. Saw in BS this morning http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=219766 350D kit with flash with cf card and with 1 month warranty at $850. :bigeyes: This setup is good enough to get you going. Dun worry about the zoom. As you start shooting, you will know your needs and buy from there.

Actually I believe this is around the new stabilised 2nd hand market price.

cheeyt--> I'd suggest waiting slightly more for the new prices at the shops to come down properly first, if you really must buy 2nd hand. The street price should decrease further after all the hype dies down.

If you really can't afford it, I think you'd be better off using your money to enroll in a photography course, it will make a more significant difference to your images than a new DSLR at this point in time.

hi everyone, i have been to comex on thurs after trying out the 350D 400D and D80.

i must say 400D is worth the price, for that package. after doing some calculations, minus away the free gifts, the kit 400D is selling at about 1400+, considering the sandisk 1gb to be priced at 90 each, bag at 20, and tripod at 60. 1400+ is the price of the 350D BEFORE the price drop. ya. around there.

so my advice is to spend that extra and get something that has more features. i must admit that the 400D makes photography extremely easy, i was a little bit turned off by the big screen with all the information that was on the mono LCD previously. but all in all, it is still a good bargain.

dun even THINK of the 75-300. sucks horribly. it is too light to be used, focusing takes a SUPER LONG TIME. ( i tried it on a 400D.) i rather spend that 199 dollars to get dry cabinet, and a decent bag. yup.

anyone think sunday got more freebies? free warranty extension? lol.

go for 2hand 350d + new flash + 2hand lens :thumbsup:

threadstarter mentioned the reason why he buying at comex is because of the installment plan. can use credit card to pay. yup. i dun think a 2nd hand 350D will be good for him unless seller is willing to do installments payment.

Should I get

1) Canon 70 - 300mm f4 - 5.6 ( Mint Condition) 2nd hand selling at $250/- No more warranty

or

2) Sigma 55 - 200mm f4 - 5.6 (condition:10) 2nd hand selling at $150 - 180. No more warranty.

I am currently using EOS 350D + kit lens.

Going to do some basic event shooting (indoor n outdoor) and portraits cum models (indoor outdoor)

thanks for all kind souls replies.

IMO, the canon one.

perhaps u can get a 50mm prime first?

Ok, noted. Anyone else care to share their opinion?

I going t get the prime lens 55mm f1.8 II (first hand)
cos 2nd hand u r snatching.. haha (can tell from B&S thread)
haha;p

It is 50mm bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.