Canon EOS 350D at Comex

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheeyt said:
So what the 70 - 300mm f4.6 - 5.6 good for? Just wondering before i get it.
If you are talking abt the Sigma, at least it enable you to have macro of 1:2. ;)

cheeyt said:
I agree to it and was also quite tempted to it when I saw the price for it. However I am kinda off in the learning stage and actually intent to get a D50 before this Comex had came.

So what the 70 - 300mm f4.6 - 5.6 good for? Just wondering before i get it.

For the 75-300mm: Not good for anything.... Its just the low price for a 300mm lens that attracts people. Its very very blur from 200 to 300mm, unless you're shooting close subjects

sumball said:
Hi Unseen, it's me. How are you doing?

Yes, agree with getting 350D. Actually, can get used from CS around $1k.
LOL I'm fine, been wacking a few jobs here and there. Was by and large disappointed by comex today though. Lack of goodies (the babes and also offers).. 400D was super laggy, which was kinda sad since I considered getting a 2nd body, now that idea is out..

unseen said:
btw, none of the extra features of the 400D will allow you to get better images. not a single feature which you might consider spending extra $300 for.
Not exactly right. 400D has a bigger LCD to check your pic but if you dun check, it is find. I seldom check and the hi reso of 10.1mp for ppl who like to shoot first and compose in PS by re-cropping ;p. Pretty handy...

unseen said:
Get the 350D.. It's worth it. Spend the extra $300 on stuff like dry cabinet, memory cards, and your flash, better lenses. Forget the 75-300 canon lens. 2nd hand it's worth only about that price ($199). Save the $$ for getting a flash, or a Sigma 70-300.
Spend your money this way, you're gonna get alot better photos than if you spend the extra $300 on features you don't need (which are nice to have).

How much would a first hand Sigma 70 -300 cost? Likewise for 2nd hand. Intending to get a external flash unit compatible to 350D? What you guys recommend?

unseen said:
Forget the 75-300 canon lens. 2nd hand it's worth only about that price ($199).

What do you mean by it? The fair is allowing buyers to buy the 70 -300 at a cheaper price at $199/-. So do you mean that i can get the same lens at the same price but 2nd hand.

cheeyt said:
What do you mean by it? The fair is allowing buyers to buy the 70 -300 at a cheaper price at $199/-. So do you mean that i can get the same lens at the same price but 2nd hand.
Closest would be the Sigma 500DG Super.

cheeyt said:
I think less ppl selling now but no harm posting a WTB. Can search for Sigma 70-300 at B&S to see some latest deals. :)

sumball said:
If you are talking abt the Sigma, at least it enable you to have macro of 1:2. ;)

If I intend to get the lens you are talking about, Sigma 70 - 300. How much it will cost for a first hand?

cheeyt said:
How much would a first hand Sigma 70 -300 cost? Likewise for 2nd hand. Intending to get a external flash unit compatible to 350D? What you guys recommend?

A first hand good flash such as the 430EX costs $500...

Here is a list of Sigma lens prices
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=145126&page=5

"- APO 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO - (MSC $320 w/gst)"

I think $300+? Used should be ard $250.

Think about the sensor cleaning function on the 400D before you finally decide. You need all the help or feature you can get to reduce those dust from getting into your sensor. Also, the 400D comes with a 10MP sensor compared to the 8MP on the 350D. Review wise, I don't think it will skew until like the camera CMI. Also, investing on a 400D you can better "future-proof" your investment, i.e. prolong your investment from being obsolete.

whacker said:
Also, investing on a 400D you can better "future-proof" your investment, i.e. prolong your investment from being obsolete.
For how long? One year before 450D release? :bsmilie:

sumball said:
For how long? One year before 450D release? :bsmilie:

Errr....I would say about 18 months. That's how long Canon comes out with a replacement model, so far...;p

whacker said:
If you're going to consider 350D, why not get a 2nd hand one? Like this set:

http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=219742

That way, you save even more for accessories, like lense and flash unit. :devil:
As he mentioned, he doesnt have the sum of $ thats y need to purchase with CC and pay by int-free instalment plan...

sumball said:
As he mentioned, he doesnt have the sum of $ thats y need to purchase with CC and pay by int-free instalment plan...

Yup. Thanks. So sorry to you guys out there. My savings still not sufficient. However I really want to pick up photography as my occupation had allowed me to go on several overseas trip (3D2N) from Oct to Dec. So hopefully with the package that I am getting would gradually help me snapping some good shots and put the 70 - 300mm to good use.

Still, i really precious your feedback as its improves my knowledge.

sumball said:

Hehe...then maybe look for a seller who will accept CC?? :bsmilie:

;p

You wanna sell him your 30D? hahaha

whacker said:
Hehe...then maybe look for a seller who will accept CC?? :bsmilie:

;p

If there is one, i dun mind.;p

cheeyt said:
Yup. Thanks. So sorry to you guys out there. My savings still not sufficient. However I really want to pick up photography as my occupation had allowed me to go on several overseas trip (3D2N) from Oct to Dec. So hopefully with the package that I am getting would gradually help me snapping some good shots and put the 70 - 300mm to good use.

Still, i really precious your feedback as its improves my knowledge.

Just curious. What camera are you using currently?

btw, cheeyt. if only 3D2N biz trip. not much chances to shoot also lar... why not rent a cam for few days and save for a better body like 20D?

Status
Not open for further replies.