Canon 60D: Homerun or Disappointment?

60D: Home Run or Big Disappoinment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
was thinking of jumping ship to pentax but i think im gonna stay on with canon for awhile :D

Interesting magicianhisoka..... what are your reasons? Was it because of the announcement of the 60D or because of the new lenses.... or both?

a new class indeed..a new marketplace for canon...any price changes on the xxxd or xxd line?

I thought 60D also only have 9 cross type AF?

I checked the specs from DPReview and here is what they say about the AF:

..... with the AF system from the 50D .......
..... 9-point cross type AF System

if you look at the spec comparison in dpreview.com, it is apparent due to the 7D, the 60D is repositioned not as a direct upgrade to 50D but to better align between 7D and xxxD series.

somewhat disappointed though; would've loved an enhanced 11 AF pts or so to cover more of the thirds corners.

would u change from ur 7D to the 60D? :bigeyes:

was thinking of jumping ship to pentax but i think im gonna stay on with canon for awhile :D

Bros,
Don't jump, I jumped from Canon to pentax but then facing lens problems. Many of the shops here do not carry pentax lens and accessories (need to intend).

I jumped out and now with SONY but still love to buy Canon so that I have more choices.

Wow the Canon 50D looks so much bigger! I didn't realize how small the Nikon D80 was! Nice picture!

i think the D90 appealed to people who didn't want to bring a big n heavy camera out. thats why pentax keeps coming with small cameras as well. :think:

Now I can have my back-up camera that fills the gaps of my old horse 5D. Simple, straight forward camera with all the current up-to-date features, plus interchangeable focusing screens mean that I can continue use my MF lenses. Also with the new EF 70-300 IS USM, I gonna enjoy the new 60D, very affordable, compact and extremely good companion to my old FF or even for those using 5D2 without having to fork out too much money. Only one disappointment, no AF microadjust.

Last edited:
I think that the three most attractive (new) features of the 60D upgrade are:

1. Integrated Speedlite transmitter
2. Articulating screen
3. 7D's HD movie capability

The biggest disappointments are:

1. No micro-adjust
2. Plastic body
3. Lower frames per second
4. Same 9-point cross type AF System as the 50D

Anybody gonna dump their 50D in favour of the 60D?

haha to answer everyone's questions, wanted to jump ship coz pentax seemed to have interesting lenses and a unique look.

i really do appreciate canon because their lenses fall into 2 categories - EF or EF-S lol.

and im pretty interested in the 60d now. gonna save up for that slowly :) the screen will probably be good. but the choice to manufacture a plastic body just seems a little weird. probably will reserve judgement till its actually out here haha. need prices to stabilize too!

haha to answer everyone's questions, wanted to jump ship coz pentax seemed to have interesting lenses and a unique look.

i really do appreciate canon because their lenses fall into 2 categories - EF or EF-S lol.

and im pretty interested in the 60d now. gonna save up for that slowly :) the screen will probably be good. but the choice to manufacture a plastic body just seems a little weird. probably will reserve judgement till its actually out here haha. need prices to stabilize too!

Plastic body is fine...you not going to fight a war with 60D.

was just about to dump my 550d for a d90 cos of the feel... now that 60d is out... think would stick to the C camp.. hee...
anyone wan my 1 month old 550D?...

btw when would it be out?... Sept???

I just bought 50D around 3 weeks ago, this launch by canon for 60D certainly makes me feel glad that i make the purchase instead of waiting for the 60D to come out, in my opinion it's just not a worthy upgrade, i agree with the statement that their trying to match their xxD lines to nikon dxx line, i mean look at the burst speed, size and features of 60D, it'll tell u that :D

only few things i dont like about 60D are the no more micro-adjust function and now using SD...

you want magnesium alloy body, more AF points, more fps??? get 7D, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.