Canon 10D and Nikon D100

Canon 10D or Nikon D100 ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by whacker
Haha....I'm just as confused as you are...:p

Well, it is very confusing.

If you want to know...well here goes....

At the moment, I still don't have the $$$ to invest in one DSLR. However, by the end of the year, I should have enough $$. So to 'satisfy' my itch hand and behind, I thought to myself, why not get a film one to play with together with the accesories first and then later I can just get a DSLR that uses the same lens, accesories, etc. You see where I'm coming from ? Yah, crazy it may seem but I really need a camera badly as I'm going for a tour soon.

Hope I've managed to 'confused' you...even more..:dunno:

You don't confused anybody including yourself and you are coning everybody here. By your statement above I already know presently you don't have the $$$ to invest.

Good luck and i wish you would made your decision soon.:D

Cheers.:cool:

Go for the Nikon D100.

You are Never wrong with a Nikon! :devil:

Given the level of photography of most people here including me ....we can't really tell the difference between the product of either one. And thats the truth. Its more about cost and feel good factor which decides which camera you eventually buy. They are both good. BMW or Mercedes ?

Originally posted by whacker

At the moment, I still don't have the $$$ to invest in one DSLR. However, by the end of the year, I should have enough $$.

:(

Wrong topic then, you are asking for suggestions of 2 competitive DSLRs when you are actually going to buy a film body. The specs are pretty different, and the suggestions given here might not be relevant to what you are gonna buy for shooting . Er... btw, you might want to spend some time thinking of what you gonna shoot in the first place. Streets? landscape? Abstract? Macro? Snapshots? If you are thinking of getting one now just for your tour, perhaps you should ask "Any recommendations on SLR+lens combo for travelling/tour?" sort of questions. The results will definitely be more beneficial. :)

Btw, how'll you know that you will be changing to DSLR? You might be in love with film quality and will never even consider going digital. Even if you do, looking at the way Digital evolve, by the end of the year, you might not be even be looking at 10D or D100. :p

Think and plan what you should do now, shoot with what you can afford, keep thinking that 10D or D100 can boost up your photography skills will only make your photography life miserable. ( Which is definitely not true in the first place! :p )

Just my 0.02 cents. :)

Originally posted by togu

Think and plan what you should do now, shoot with what you can afford, keep thinking that 10D or D100 can boost up your photography skills will only make your photography life miserable. ( Which is definitely not true in the first place! :p )

:thumbsup: Good reminder :)

Excellent !

Thank you all for our precious comments.

I will now go into exile and think hard about it until my brain juice runs dry !

Thanks ! ;p

Best thing is to go for Dagger's Botanic Gardens photo outing this weekend and try out the two cameras. I am sure that there are photogs who would be using both 10D and D100.

So far, I agree with members' comments that you ought to go out and try for yourself. For me, the best thing is to go for these events so that you can try the camera out in the open and not in the shop conditions.

Just my two cents worth...

Originally posted by NorthernLights
In Singapore, there are a few taboo things to talk about:

religion, politics, sex....

In clubsnap and basically every online photography club...the same taboo topic....

is......

Nikon better or Canon better.....;)

The best thing you can do is talk to your closest photography friends...some Canon, some Nikon....and go to say www.Dpreview.com

Most importantly, as I have done, visit a good shop say cathay and try out both and decide which gives you a better feel...FOR YOURSELF...

At the end of the day, it must be the one you are comfortable with and the one you think is the better than the other/others.

You cab also try the Fujifilm S2 Pro (uses Nikon lens).

Online discussion will lead from advice for you to...

WORLD WAR 10

so to see things on a positive note it's comforting to know that the SG photographic only sees Canon and Nikon as the only two forces involved in the digital SLR world conquest.

otherwise we'll have an even larger and more painful war between users of Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, Olympus, Contax and Kodak. And since such wars are likely to induce the angst of steadfast film users, it might not be surprising to see Minolta, Leica and Voigtlander forming an alliance to start their own assault.

And 23,462,246,237 posts and 51,236 insults later, the Singapore Government officially bans cameras in the island, and organises a mass-camera destruction ceremony at the Padang.

Originally posted by munfai
so to see things on a positive note it's comforting to know that the SG photographic only sees Canon and Nikon as the only two forces involved in the digital SLR world conquest.

otherwise we'll have an even larger and more painful war between users of Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, Olympus, Contax and Kodak. And since such wars are likely to induce the angst of steadfast film users, it might not be surprising to see Minolta, Leica and Voigtlander forming an alliance to start their own assault.

And 23,462,246,237 posts and 51,236 insults later, the Singapore Government officially bans cameras in the island, and organises a mass-camera destruction ceremony at the Padang.

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

:eek:

* togu go deep mountains to hide his camera...

Dear Whacker,

I would be honest with you, what camera you pick doesn't make any difference. The difference is in yourself. I will have to be direct and blunt here. More than half the time I see or hear photogs discussing which lens and camera is the best and end up with a less than decent portfolio.

I have a friend from Malaysia who is only about 2 yrs into serious photography who produces more than average images. I am amazed by his creative juice. Lately he bought a second hand Canon D60 and is still producing fantastic images (considering he is only 2 yrs into serious photography).

I have a D100 and I love it, and hate it. When the 10D was launched, I too have the itch to purchased it but hey, what the hack, does it improve my pictures? No! If I am good, I am good. If I am lousy, not even 1Ds or D1x can rescue me. Period!

Don't be naive to go around asking for opinions when most either own only Canon or Nikon. Only a small percentage has the option of using both systems and these people will tell you what Canon has Nikon doesn't, and what Nikon has Canon doesn't. Be wise and weigh the pros and cons and see what is it that interests you so you can make a proper decision.

To end, both are darn good cameras! ;)

Andy Ho
http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

Originally posted by Andy Ho
Dear Whacker,

I would be honest with you, what camera you pick doesn't make any difference. The difference is in yourself. I will have to be direct and blunt here. More than half the time I see or hear photogs discussing which lens and camera is the best and end up with a less than decent portfolio.

I have a friend from Malaysia who is only about 2 yrs into serious photography who produces more than average images. I am amazed by his creative juice. Lately he bought a second hand Canon D60 and is still producing fantastic images (considering he is only 2 yrs into serious photography).

I have a D100 and I love it, and hate it. When the 10D was launched, I too have the itch to purchased it but hey, what the hack, does it improve my pictures? No! If I am good, I am good. If I am lousy, not even 1Ds or D1x can rescue me. Period!

Don't be naive to go around asking for opinions when most either own only Canon or Nikon. Only a small percentage has the option of using both systems and these people will tell you what Canon has Nikon doesn't, and what Nikon has Canon doesn't. Be wise and weigh the pros and cons and see what is it that interests you so you can make a proper decision.

To end, both are darn good cameras! ;)

Andy Ho

* togu clap clap clap :)

Dear Whacker,

I would be honest with you, what camera you pick doesn't make any difference. The difference is in yourself. I will have to be direct and blunt here.

No! If I am good, I am good. If I am lousy, not even 1Ds or D1x can rescue me. Period!

Andy Ho

:embrass:

I think I belong to this class of people...lousy shots

:embrass:

I think I belong to this class of people...lousy shots

Hi Northernlights,

No, you don't have to belong to this class. What you need is a lot of push and inspiration. Go to bookstores and take a look at all those pictures taken by top pros, subscribe or browse National Geographic for more inspiration. Always ask yourself what makes a pro shoot pictures that I don't? What makes them so good?

Photography is more than half the time self-motivation. It's more or less making the time to do it. I do at times felt so tired that I don't feel like doing anything but I still force and push myself to do it. When I do that, I realised my creative juice flowing with every click of the shutter button.

Regards,

Andy Ho

Hi Northernlights,

No, you don't have to belong to this class. What you need is a lot of push and inspiration. Go to bookstores and take a look at all those pictures taken by top pros, subscribe or browse National Geographic for more inspiration. Always ask yourself what makes a pro shoot pictures that I don't? What makes them so good?

Photography is more than half the time self-motivation. It's more or less making the time to do it. I do at times felt so tired that I don't feel like doing anything but I still force and push myself to do it. When I do that, I realised my creative juice flowing with every click of the shutter button.

Regards,

Andy Ho

Thanks Andy. I just borrowed 3 books from the library...one of them John Hedgecoe's guide to photography...start from basic lah:embrass:

Thanks Andy. I just borrowed 3 books from the library...one of them John Hedgecoe's guide to photography...start from basic lah:embrass:

good move. the library is a good source of photography books. if you have time to kill you might want to hang out at the reference section of the central branch. there's more good stuff there.

good move. the library is a good source of photography books. if you have time to kill you might want to hang out at the reference section of the central branch. there's more good stuff there.

Thanks...is the central branch still open?

I normally visit Taka....and return my books in Seng Kang...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.