Cannon service center broke my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
total agreed , they even say that because my lens got dirty and they try to open up but broken the cover . they claim that if the lens is dirty you also cannot use any more . xfgxdfcdfcjcdjy

Can use or not is not the issue here. now is who spoil who pay. logic.

ok . i try again ... they will give funny excuss .... huh.... very low moral ..

since they broke your lens, they should either repair it or another lens for you. by no means should they ask you to get a new one and give you some discount.

total agreed , they even say that because my lens got dirty and they try to open up but broken the cover . they claim that if the lens is dirty you also cannot use any more . xfgxdfcdfcjcdjy

What do they mean by dirty? Dust, grease, dirt?
Who says dirty lenses cannot be used?

a good condition under warranty 75 300 iii usm is only 250 in the bns section. if want u to top up ask them give u a 70 200 lens. somethin that s better.

I send my 75 to 300 to cannon and they broke mine and tell me to get a new lens from them at 300 dollar for the 75 to 300 III USM . Do you think is worth ?

theya re saying my lens is 5 years old and there are no parts to replace the lens body so telling me to get a newer model with USM . But base on the price do your folks feel it is worth ?

Blur:dunno:

Can tell us clearly the reason for sending in the lens.

dirty - still can use.
broken? cannot use.

if the guy wun budge, ask to speak to his boss.

it is dirt

I send the lens is because I supect there is fungus and when take pic turn out sightly blur and white

Just be persistent, see the manager. I got 30% off my repairs and cleaning of my 40D and 24-105. total I paid was $120 instead of $172.

ya ... but now they are giving me discount on the new lens ..... :(

thats is the problem. trying very hard but no way. Brothers and sister please advice is it worth for the 75-300 III usm AT 300 dollars? Thank your so much .

so you are paying 300 bucks for a new motor?;p
I think it's a few times more than the raw price of a motor..

That's just lame. They break it, they are responsible. Where got liddat, ask you buy new one.

If not you can also say that if you chuck a new lens from their shop agaisnt the wall, then they must go and buy it themselves. Or buy one from you at discounted rate.

any recommandation? they keep sms me that my new lens have arrive and tell me to collect .

I send the lens is because I supect there is fungus and when take pic turn out sightly blur and white

Well, if its indeed fungus, then perhaps tell 'em that you're only willing to pay for the cleaning charges.

It could be the service guy trying to resolve the issue instead of escalating to his supervisor. Ask to speak to the supervisor. Also send a complaint/feedback here so that the issue is escalated beyond the service department.;)

Last edited:
any recommandation? they keep sms me that my new lens have arrive and tell me to collect .

New lens? Meaning that you've agreed to the deal?

ya ... but now they are giving me discount on the new lens ..... :(

300 is too much considering they should compensate you for breaking your lens. Just tell them you will definitely pay the charge you were supposed to pay for repairing your old lens. now if you don't get your lens, they should be solving it. And compensating you a new one if they spoilt your old one is so logical. If they don't wana give you the new lens, then ask them to fix it? haha...see-saw swing back and fro...

Last edited:
You should defend your rights as a consumer.

Take the matter to CASE and see how they respond.

Even though the value may be small, it is the principle that counts

Status
Not open for further replies.