Can name me some high end Asian brands and products??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-Jap stuff: Goldlion (men's apparel), Creative, Acer.

I never even heard of Goldlion until moving to SG.

Acer? It's not high-end.

Creative yes, but only for their soundblaster cards. Nowadays no, they're not known as a luxury brand.

Other than products, the top universities are mostly ang mo ones right??

That's just colonial mentality. US universities really aren't that good. I would personally respect a graduate of the University of Tokyo more than a US college frat boy.

Your problem is that you're seeing things from an "asian colonial mentality" perspective. You immediately have the presumption that the best brands, schools, cars, etc, are from ang moh countries.

If you actually lived in those ang moh countries, you'd have a different perspective. Lexus is greatly admired in the US, and asian fashion, cosmetics, food and electronics are in demand especially in europe. Mercedes? Audi? They're just taxis in germany. BMW? Nice, but everyone has one. Mitsubishi Evolution? Subaru Impreza? Now you're talking desirable!!

If you play hi-fi, you must have heard of Ongaku amplifiers. They use silver for the conductors inside. Any ang-moh hi-fi buff will drool over one of these things.

Nikko, Shangrila and Banyan Trees are supposed to be high-end :think:

u got no idea how much italians love us... esp when we have a town named after their important ingredient in Pizza...

i think pasta chefs should come to Singapore for training, since we are the only country which have a 'state' named Tomato... :bsmilie:

That's just colonial mentality. US universities really aren't that good. I would personally respect a graduate of the University of Tokyo more than a US college frat boy.

Your problem is that you're seeing things from an "asian colonial mentality" perspective. You immediately have the presumption that the best brands, schools, cars, etc, are from ang moh countries.

If you actually lived in those ang moh countries, you'd have a different perspective. Lexus is greatly admired in the US, and asian fashion, cosmetics, food and electronics are in demand especially in europe. Mercedes? Audi? They're just taxis in germany. BMW? Nice, but everyone has one. Mitsubishi Evolution? Subaru Impreza? Now you're talking desirable!!

Oh! So we think ang mo things good....ang mo think our things good....ha ha.

Wow, I am amazed of your insight to western, American and European, pop cultures, their likes and dislike. Your understanding of the US post secondary school system is also eye popping. :thumbsup:

they are high maintenance but then I dont think the current crop meet the standards to yesteryears.

some of them not even tall enough to close the upper deck cabinet properly....:bsmilie:

If you play hi-fi, you must have heard of Ongaku amplifiers. They use silver for the conductors inside. Any ang-moh hi-fi buff will drool over one of these things.

You beat me to it! Kondo amps- the Ongaku having the honour of being the most expensive tube amp ($120,000USD) ever made.

http://www.sibatech.co.jp/KONDO/ANJOngaku1.JPG

Accuphase, AirTight amps also come to mind.

Shark's Fin Soup!
Buddha Jump Over The Wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.