camera bags that dont look like camera bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the Urban Disguise series from ThinkTank. They look more like document bags. J3:16 carries them.

Urban-Disguise-50-1.jpg

My only issue with the UD series is the bags itself already weigh a lot. Adding your gears and laptop made the weight intolerable to me even though I've been able to carry the same thing in a lighter Kata bag.

My only issue with the UD series is the bags itself already weigh a lot. Adding your gears and laptop made the weight intolerable to me even though I've been able to carry the same thing in a lighter Kata bag.

Do they? I think it's quite acceptable but I don't load it to the brim. ;p Just another option for TS. Maybe I should start looking at Kata also.

but so lovely, well designed, and from more than a year's experience now, very tolerant to abuse. :heart:

some people ask me, how to take care of their billingham.. i tell them.. if you buy expensive bag to be slave to it.. might as well don't buy.

my billingham has been on the beach, soaked in punggol water.. in the rain, used as pillow. the more beaten up it looks, the more i love it. :heart:

Can we see the beaten up looks? :sweatsm:

Thinktank urban disguise 35 is good, can sling and can backpack (backpack strap sold separately).
check orient photo

With a loaded sling bag, it can be pretty tiring on the shoulder if you carry it around all day. Would suggest a backpack to help distribute the load, if you plan to carry gear all day long.

...where can i find nice funky camera bags....??

i saw this vintage camera bag someone was using but for dslr...

but dunno where to get...

n pls ...no crumpler bags......

is not like i dont like them...

they are everiwhere....:bigeyes:

Billingham for sure - for the looks ppl might thought is another new entrant in the fashion bag areana.. *my colleague thot my 335 it's some expensive bag like LV :bigeyes:*

ThinkTank UD series - 35,50,70pro all look classy and varies only in terms of sizes and loading capacity.. Its pose no threat and attract minimum attention, as it nv shout out camera bag.. Love them to death..

But if you have quite alot of equipment -Thinktank airport take off or Streewalker hardrive pro is highly recommendable to spread weight evenly on your shoulders. Furthermore the former comes with a roller feature..

My 2 cents worth

Cheers

well, one part has hole in the outermost fabric, but the waterproof layer is still intact.

i think it's because of the way i sling it (cross).. so there is friction in unexpected place :)

:bsmilie:

I'm still diligently lugging my Domke F-2 around all over the place till it starts to fray and have the classic Domke look ;p

Lol Rubber_Duck... your bag look less like camera bag and more like those bags you see assassins carry in movies with their sniper rifle and submachine gun all hidden inside xD

if i saw you on the road i'd stay clear hehehe :D

yes, u better run as far as possible.....:devil:

how about kata 3n1 20?

kata-kt-d-3n1-20-sling-backpack3.jpg

looks like laptop backpack though

it feels comfortable cause i am now using it! :)

Everytime I buy a camera-bag hoping that it doesn't look like a camera bag, it starts to look like a camera bag after a while.

The only non camera bag looking bag is as mentioned earlier, to put a bag in a bag :D

Even Billingham and Domke look like camera bags!

i swear by billinghams... their build quality is awesome.

unfortunately a lot of their bags are not battery grip friendly.

Yea, true :sweat:

However 'stealthy' they claim to be, they sure don't look like any ordinary bag! :think:

well, actually, billinghams do look like many european style messenger bags.. just not very common in singapore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.