Call for help: My cat has kidney failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very sorry to hear abt your loss, my friend.

Made the same dreadful decision a few months ago. My cat of 5 years had cancer (lymphoma). It's totally, totally the toughest decision in the world even though it should be the easiest to choose not to let your cat suffer. My heart ached as my cat went limp. Even on the taxi ride there, my wife and I were tearing up. You're giving up a part of your life and it's tough but to hold on to her would be selfish.

I dread to make the same decision again but I know I will have to (got 5 more cats).

As for user111, let's just ignore him. By his actions, he obviously craves attention and the only way is to ignore him. I can only pity him for not knowing the unconditional love that a pet can give.

furrypaws said:
i'm afraid u're rather insenitive to the feelings of the thread starter here.
to u, a cat is just a cat. to some, a cat is more than a pet. its a friend, or even a child.
its a companion that go through life and its trials with you, sharing pain and happiness.
i love my cats like my own children and i'd rather get hurt myself than to see them harmed.
losing pets are akin to losing loved ones.

if u have nothing better to say, i'd suggest not saying anything at all.

thank you.

Sorry to sidetrack on this . but ur avater is very cute

furrypaws said:
i'm afraid u're rather insenitive to the feelings of the thread starter here.
to u, a cat is just a cat. to some, a cat is more than a pet. its a friend, or even a child.
its a companion that go through life and its trials with you, sharing pain and happiness.
i love my cats like my own children and i'd rather get hurt myself than to see them harmed.
losing pets are akin to losing loved ones.

if u have nothing better to say, i'd suggest not saying anything at all.

thank you.

Well said .. I too shared the same sentiment with you .. Looking at my Ah boy that time . .. it hard to describle how painfull it is to it limping back to it " bed" and yet there is NOTHING you can do to ellivate it pain .. you feel so bad to let it just let it go like that ..

The most peaceful time of our day is when we were sleeping. Empty, nothing yet we enjoy these emptiness. It will happen to all of us one day when we never wake up again. The universe is not a container, it doesn't contain and therefore have no borders...

Mocha is a beautiful cat... look so different before then the one you took before he/she is gone...

Love everyone, appreciate what you have and enjoy what you like while you can. Ask yourself, when the moment came, what will be the thing that you wanted to do most?

Meet up with a long lost friend for a coffee? Hold your parents' hand? Enjoy a nice sea breeze with your love one? What is yours?

Very sorry to hear of our loss - a close pet is practically family.

Take heart that Mocha is now happy and frolicking at Rainbow Bridge. I believe that Mocha will always remember you for the love and affection that you have placed on her, and she is eternally grateful for the love and life that you have given her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for user111, may you never find the joys of true happiness in this life, and your future life - ever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad that Mocha is no longer suffering and would think that you had made a very informed decision, albeit a very difficult one.

I myself had not yet have to make such a decision and I hope not for the next decade or so. I'm sure Mocha's companions would miss her very much and if you could shower more attention to them during this period, the bond between you and them would strengthen even more and their affection would also definitely help you in your grieving process.

Best wishes.

To all other cat owners, I hope the link I posted in post #26 would also help us detect any abnormalies in our cats' behavior early so that we can seek treatement much earlier and thereby improving their overall quality of life.

That website is by far the best layman's resource on feline CRF I had managed to find.

2 of my cats will turn 1 and 4 tomorrow so I am going to give them another hug. Have you hugged your loved ones/pets today?

Happy New Year.

wah glad to see so many animal lovers. and for the first i've seen so many pic of CSers cats. sry for u bro. few years back also lost my cat, my sis brought her back frm australia. think she's not used to it. the next day she went out of the window and fell 13 floors downstairs. sad man, played with her for only 1 night. i've got another cat now. frm my house void deck. nice and cute. =)

kit_fisto said:
wah glad to see so many animal lovers. and for the first i've seen so many pic of CSers cats. sry for u bro. few years back also lost my cat, my sis brought her back frm australia. think she's not used to it. the next day she went out of the window and fell 13 floors downstairs. sad man, played with her for only 1 night. i've got another cat now. frm my house void deck. nice and cute. =)

must be traumatic for you and your sis then, I'm not sure how to prevent cats from jumping of HDB though ( I stay in a terraced house). Do take care of your cat.

kiat said:
2 of my cats will turn 1 and 4 tomorrow so I am going to give them another hug. .

Happy birthday to your cats! 2 born on the same day but different year? their mommies must have some sort of telepathy!

And yes, to all pet owners, do bring your pets for yearly checkups and vaccinations.

I found myself reading my own signature (written 2 yrs ago), and realise sometimes it is about the quality of time spent with your love ones, not quantity. Towards the end, Mocha was suddenly very affectionate for a few months. In the past, she didn't like to be carried, nor seek much attention..*swallows*, maybe it was her way of wanting to spend more quality time with me towards the end. It was only this week that she crashed, stop eating and wither away..it was so painful to watch her not able to hold her own weight, struggled to lift her head to drink :cry:

rest in peace, Mocha, you'll be sorely missed and loved forever.

i feel veri sad too... lost of a friend/more then a friend... :cry:
i not gd in words pardon mi. :embrass:
even i can't keep any pets at home but i can feel the sadness within me while reading yr post.
Cheer up and prepare for yr exams next week right? all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.