Buy Middle Range DSLR now or wait for FF DSLR?

Thanks guys! I decided and went ahead with a 6D. Now I left with a 50mm to shoot. My 450D is failing me and falling apart. Thanks guys!
You should sell your EFs lenses then. So you can have a wider range of lenses and not stuck on the 50mm.

Thanks guys! I decided and went ahead with a 6D. Now I left with a 50mm to shoot. My 450D is failing me and falling apart. Thanks guys!

Lol...so you jumped straight into FF - struck 4d yesterday? :bsmilie: Anyway, enjoy your new tool.

You should jump directly to mirrorless.

I have run through these cycle :sweatsm:
Entry Level APS-C DSLR - Mid Range APS-C DSLR - Full Frame DSLR - Mirrorless

Lol...so you jumped straight into FF - struck 4d yesterday? :bsmilie: Anyway, enjoy your new tool.

Hahaha I wish too bro. But I didn't. Just thinking I should take a step of faith and go straight to FF. Thanks!

Hahaha not so soon I guess. Probably another 5-7 years!

HUH so you are going into mirrorless after FF?

Some of the Seniors also go into mirrorless, because we become old man already. :sweatsm:
Cannot keep up with the youngster whom can carry a heavy bag around with FF body + 17-35 + 24-70 + 70-200

Some of the Seniors also go into mirrorless, because we become old man already. :sweatsm: Cannot keep up with the youngster whom can carry a heavy bag around with FF body + 17-35 + 24-70 + 70-200

I jumped straight into Mirrorless haha. Don't even wana go thru the lugging around kg of equipment phase. Mirrorless FF has already appeared , there's very little to miss.

I jumped straight into Mirrorless haha. Don't even wana go thru the lugging around kg of equipment phase. Mirrorless FF has already appeared , there's very little to miss.

Now you could have caused TS to regret spending Big $$$ for his 6D and to be followed up with replacements for his EF-S lenses.

Some of the Seniors also go into mirrorless, because we become old man already. :sweatsm:
Cannot keep up with the youngster whom can carry a heavy bag around with FF body + 17-35 + 24-70 + 70-200

I'm young and I've switched to mirrorless :bsmilie:

Now you could have caused TS to regret spending Big $$$ for his 6D and to be followed up with replacements for his EF-S lenses.

Eh ... I don't know how to answer this cause even now I do meet people who look at my MFT equipment with smirks haha.

End of the day it's just what works for oneself and I believe there r people out there who somehow feels more assured with a larger 'gun' and will always be ready to lecture on how the size of sensor is directly correlated to how nice the the photos will be ;)

I'm on the verge of completing your road map :bsmilie:

I have a 450D now, I'm thinking to either upgrade to a 70D or should I wait and save up for a FF?

While I upgrade to a 70D, I'm trying to change my range of lenses for use on FF next time. But if I get a 70D, I can use for a few years first while saving up for the new range of lesnes and FF. Or should I just hold out now and save for FF? But then, I won't have any lenses except a 50mm f1.8.

Please help!

Just like to know, what are the things you are mostly shooting now? Anything new genre you like to try in the future?

Congrats on the new purchase.
I'm sure the 6D will serve you well for a long time :)

Great choice. This is an upgrade ! Enjoy your new found DOF.

Eh ... I don't know how to answer this cause even now I do meet people who look at my MFT equipment with smirks haha.

End of the day it's just what works for oneself and I believe there r people out there who somehow feels more assured with a larger 'gun' and will always be ready to lecture on how the size of sensor is directly correlated to how nice the the photos will be ;)

bigger is not always better ;)

some people may have the biggest equipment, but cannot perform up to standard :)

Just like to know, what are the things you are mostly shooting now? Anything new genre you like to try in the future?

I shoot mostly food but I wanna try landscape and portrait. Any Suggestions on lenses setup?

I shoot mostly food but I wanna try landscape and portrait. Any Suggestions on lenses setup?

from how I see it..
Food - Telephoto range of 100-200mm (not forgetting about flashes and softboxes/reflectors)
Landscapes - Usually Wide, but sometimes telephoto (+ GND, ND filters etc)
portraits - mixture of all focal length from wide angle to telephoto depending on what kind of portraits you want, headshot, head and shoulder, 1/2 body, fullbody, environmental portraits etc (not forgetting about flashes and softboxes/reflectors too)

So setup, Canon f2.8 trinity. Won't go wrong with the below setup :thumbsup: Tested and proven in the field by many working professional. Covering range from 16mm to 200mm
EF 16-35 f2.8 (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-16-35mm-f-2.8-L-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx)
EF 24-70 f2.8L II (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-24-70mm-f-2.8-L-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx)
EF 70-200 f2.8L II (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8-L-IS-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx)

Personally, I feel that you may be lacking a fair bit of understanding of your own shooting style. At this moment, My suggestion is that you just get the EF 24-105 (for affordable 3rd party options, Tamron 28-75). If of course budget is not an issue, feel free to get any lens you want and sell it if you find it not useful.

bigger is not always better ;) some people may have the biggest equipment, but cannot perform up to standard :)

U mean the equipment or user cannot perform up to standard?