Bus and MRT train fare increased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually alreadi done wat... you get to start work much earlier and end work much later. :cry:

thatz inflation of work hours! :rolleyes:

double whamy! :(

Increases every single year - What a drag! Go out less.

Increases every single year - What a drag! Go out less.

Funny how in the last few years one started increasing...from using soaring oil prices, fuel tax to anti-terror tax... now they are blatantly doing this on a yearly basis. Like a tennis match.. LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to LTA hit to SMRT hit to TAXI hit to....

and the kicker is this...oil price went down recently. How much adjustment was there?

it's a sign...i shall go get a Class2B licence and get myself a small little scooter ..
maybe a bright purple one with a huge garfield face on it..
it would be nice... :bsmilie:

Hey that reminds me of my bike. Used to have Garfield on my fairiing & my helmet...
18 years ago??? :bsmilie:

I like some of u here put it... NO manner who wins, YOU LOOSE!

Last edited:
What to do? Travel out less, last time used to think taking a direct bus would save cost, but then they nail it. They increase 4 cents on direct bus. The increase is lesser for those who do transit and they say it is cheaper for those who do transit, but then come to think, the cost is still greater to do transit compared to take direct bus. How can it be cheaper? :think: end up you still spend more.

woah....... how to boycott??

take car, erp. take taxi, high charges. take bus, fares increase.

walk is too far, so is cycling.

unless there's a way to make all employees work at home, which bosses mind.:bsmilie:

arghh....... ok, let's migrate. dang, your son have to finish NS first. and the cpf money......... noooooooooooooooooooooo.............. *find mrt track to jump* phew, luckily no barriers despite many recommendations.

arghh....... ok, let's migrate. dang, your son have to finish NS first. and the cpf money......... noooooooooooooooooooooo.............. *find mrt track to jump* phew, luckily no barriers despite many recommendations.

Errr... soon there will be barrier so jump also cannot... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

They dun want u to die so easily. They want u to Pay And Pay till u die & then your son will end up like u.:bsmilie:

Last edited:
they must have done the statistical analysis.. how many % does transfer and how many don't.. then come up with
this scheme so that mrt/sbs makes a net gain..

take car, erp. take taxi, high charges. take bus, fares increase.

walk is too far, so is cycling.

unless there's a way to make all employees work at home, which bosses mind.:bsmilie:

I would think CPF is one reason why people want to migrate since under present rules you can withdraw if you give up citizenship (but I think this will change soon).

The increase of 4 cents per trip vs the increase of 15 cents per rebate is actually just a marketing spiel.

If you consider it carefully, in order to enjoy the rebate of 15 cents, you need to make two trips. 4 cents x 2 = 8 cents. Therefore the increase in rebate is actually, in fact not 15 cents nett, but 7 cents.

Hence, 4 cents up should be compared with 7 cents down and not 15 cents.

The increase of 4 cents per trip vs the increase of 15 cents per rebate is actually just a marketing spiel.

If you consider it carefully, in order to enjoy the rebate of 15 cents, you need to make two trips. 4 cents x 2 = 8 cents. Therefore the increase in rebate is actually, in fact not 15 cents nett, but 7 cents.

Hence, 4 cents up should be compared with 7 cents down and not 15 cents.

exactly.... :think:

That's how spindoctors stay in business, and the Govt/GLCs have a lot of those. Luckily there are also counter-spindoctors around to debunk them :)

we DO still have one of the cheapest public transport fares in the world you know... would you rather it jumped to minimum train fare of S$2?

Singapore is not a backward society in terms of socio-economic developments.

That's how spindoctors stay in business, and the Govt/GLCs have a lot of those. Luckily there are also counter-spindoctors around to debunk them :)

Oi! Dont anyhow say ahh!

Just to check, when you say "cheapest" are you comparing in terms of absolute amounts, or have you also taken into account the earning capability/spending power/cost of living in each country as well?

we DO still have one of the cheapest public transport fares in the world you know... would you rather it jumped to minimum train fare of S$2?

Singapore is not a backward society in terms of socio-economic developments.

Obviously you know I'm referring to spindoctors in general, and not Clubsnappers of the same nick.

Oi! Dont anyhow say ahh!

Status
Not open for further replies.