Bus and cab fare cheaters to be jailed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
has any 1 feel that the bus are not getting newer but its just the same old bus, eg all the type of newer buses but the rate of changing is slow.

i just feel that the bus are built to restrict people , after all i see a lot of grown up trying to squeeze leg into the seats, even when i seat i got to slang my legs to fit in , also i dun get to seat in bus with head rest that supports my head , the max is only up to my neck , very tiring 1 ley ,

the mgmt has never seat in bus since a long time , cannot blame them , but they should really review it .

reno77 said:
Bus driver left 12-year-old girl stranded because she didn't have enough fare

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,341739,00.html?

" She had lost her EZlink card and was told to pay $1 for the journey home the first time she took a bus. She had been taking this service for the past nine months and had been paying $1 each time she took it.

On Sept 10, she boarded bus number 13 at bus-stop B16 Upper East Coast Road at around 2pm. She was told by the driver that she had to pay $1.30 for the journey home. Unfortunately, she did not bring extra money and told the driver.

The driver dropped her off at bus-stop B02 Marine Terrace. Stranded with no money, my daughter had to walk all the way home. "

No money ? Off you go !

Chiang said:
all these r just to ensure that the profit target has been met, hence it translates to good performance = higher bonus come end of the year,

other wise , u think those mgmt will 1 2 sit there on the mgmt team ? , u think doing charity meh , got perfomance appraisal 1 ley

that's why the saying isn't dead today...hahahahaa

"rich get richer, poor get poorer"

oh one more thing...not everybody gets big fat bonuses...most companies rather do bad appraisals...so pay increase or bonus payout at the minumum to save company more $. :p

Chiang said:
has any 1 feel that the bus are not getting newer but its just the same old bus, eg all the type of newer buses but the rate of changing is slow.

i just feel that the bus are built to restrict people , after all i see a lot of grown up trying to squeeze leg into the seats, even when i seat i got to slang my legs to fit in , also i dun get to seat in bus with head rest that supports my head , the max is only up to my neck , very tiring 1 ley ,

the mgmt has never seat in bus since a long time , cannot blame them , but they should really review it .

I agree with this. Singaporean teens/young adults are larger now than the 60's. I'm 1.9m and have much trouble sitting in the seats.

reno77 said:

" She had lost her EZlink card and was told to pay $1 for the journey home the first time she took a bus. She had been taking this service for the past nine months and had been paying $1 each time she took it.

On Sept 10, she boarded bus number 13 at bus-stop B16 Upper East Coast Road at around 2pm. She was told by the driver that she had to pay $1.30 for the journey home. Unfortunately, she did not bring extra money and told the driver.

The driver dropped her off at bus-stop B02 Marine Terrace. Stranded with no money, my daughter had to walk all the way home. "

No money ? Off you go !

The little girl was lucky she was not sent to jail... trying to cheat the poor driver.. tsk tsk tsk :nono:

reno77 said:

daughter had to walk all the way home. "

No money ? Off you go !

that's so ....uncompassionate....she's only a little girl...not some power-hungry woman in powersuit. :p

Unfortunately, that's that for u.

"Got money take bus. No money u walk."

The driver or the ppl in-charge would prolly be thinking, "Hey, she already got a lift up to the point where her $1 would take her. What more she want?"

And what's that we hear the last time about promoting a 'gracious society'? :think:

reno77 said:

No money ? Off you go !

Now this sicken me........

dawgbyte77 said:
The little girl was lucky she was not sent to jail... trying to cheat the poor driver.. tsk tsk tsk :nono:

she's still a juvenile, wont be sent to jail i think. however, i think she would be sent to Girls' Home.. bad girl, bad bad girl :nono:

furrycake said:
she's still a juvenile, wont be sent to jail i think. however, i think she would be sent to Girls' Home.. bad girl, bad bad girl :nono:

and the poor parents have to go pay the fine... expensive lesson here... and she will win the guiness world of records for the most puny amount of money for being jailed... 30cents... :bsmilie:

She and her parents can write an episode in Full Circle on how she had a brush against the law and how sorry she was with her despicable criminal behavior and how she grew up to be a model train commuter in the end. Maybe earn some money from the story rights and break even with the fine.

dawgbyte77 said:
She and her parents can write an episode in Full Circle on how she had a brush against the law and how sorry she was with her despicable criminal behavior and how she grew up to be a model train commuter in the end. Maybe earn some money from the story rights and break even with the fine.

Alas! It's all the girl's parents fault actually. They failed to discipline their daughter properly and hence leading to the downfall of this daughter.

Who knows ? Maybe after her story got published, SBS would offer her a lifetime free ride on all SBS buses she takes hereinafter? Equally good deal also you know :think:

furrycake said:
Alas! It's all the girl's parents fault actually. They failed to discipline their daughter properly and hence leading to the downfall of this daughter.

Who knows ? Maybe after her story got published, SBS would offer her a lifetime free ride on all SBS buses she takes hereinafter? Equally good deal also you know :think:

so the moral of the story is? bring extra 30cents out?:bsmilie:

how come no law to penalise whatever company/organisation/authority that implemented a faulty EZlink system that overcharges commuters? :dunno:

reno77 said:

No money ? Off you go !

No head roll after the report????? (I mean the reporter or the newspaper editor)

reno77 said:

No money ? Off you go !

wah ... such a horrible bus driver. either the 'no-u-turn' syndrome is at work or that driver is not human :sticktong

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
so the moral of the story is? bring extra 30cents out?:bsmilie:

the moral of the story, get your daddy or mommy to buy a car.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.