BULB mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is mirror lock in Nikon D80..
PM me..and I can guide you..:) I have done it twice..:)

Cool, thanks. The PM thingy here really small. Only 10 msg in total and my box full liao cos wanna keep the msg and didn't want to download as txt.

Can send to my e-mail? akimototakumi76@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks......

Michael

Thanks for sharing. D80 does accept cable and wireless remote. You suggest using cable, is there a reason why using cable then wireless?

Michael

Okay I type abit too quick. What I mean is you can either get the remote control(ML-L3) or the cable release (MC-DC1)...depending on which one you migth already have bought or would need to purchase if you don't have one.

But if you can afford it, it would be better with the cable as the cable will connect to your camera body and you can hold the controller at the back of the camera when you stand. With the infrared remote control, you have to position the remote somewhere near the left side of the camera and in the front because the receiver that captures the signal to trigger the shutter is in the front. As you are shooting outdoor..there is nothing to bounce the infrared signal forward and bounce it back at the front of the camera. If you look at your D80, the infrared receiver is that dark oval piece just above your D80 logo plate. If you have your remote control triggered from the back of your camera body...it will not work. It has to have line of sight to the receiver.

For some, cable will be a sure bet the moment you press the button it will trigger. With infrared, line of sight is important, if you hold it wrong or the signal is too weak, it might not react fast enough or you might end up pressing more then a few time to ensure you get the signal out to trigger it. I know it has happened to me a few times.

I think as with remote controls, the remote wireless trigger can fail at times. Even if you try to trigger in front of the camera, it does not trigger the shutter at all. The other day, I saw a guy trying so desperately trying to trigger his camera with the wireless trigger, and it seemed to work only at certain angles or direction. A wired trigger, on the other hand, is almost a sure bet.

Thanks for sharing. D80 does accept cable and wireless remote. You suggest using cable, is there a reason why using cable then wireless?

Michael

Less chance of error?? Nil lag, etc???

i think cable release is better for firework... you just concentrate on looking at the firework and press when you want.... dun need to aim wireless remote at the camera in a awkward position...

wireless release is good for taking group photo, but you can always use the timer

Less chance of error?? Nil lag, etc???

there is no lag that i know of...when yo u press the remote the beam just did not hit the receiver so it does not fire the shutter. Like what cantaresg said...you need to get the angle right in the end I have to aim the remote at the receiver about 3 inches away hehehe....well I setup my tripod and all that so it was fine to get it so near the camera but still able to allow me to shoot heh.. I rectify that later lah...found out the batter was weak so it was not trasmiting the infrared beam brightly. Unfortunately my D70 will not allow cable so I am stuck with it till I get another body later lah hehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.