Bringing in scale models to Singapore

iRaphael

Feb 23, 2007
Pandan Gardens
Hi,

First time buying scale models to Singapore, wonder if there would be any issue if I brought in a 1/6 plastic scale model weapon?

Don't want to get stopped at the customs :/ or kena fined..

What should I ask the seller to label it as? just to be safe.

Considering the very realistic looking gear openly sold in funan, I don't think there should be an issue..

better to be safe than sorry. when u r abt to exit the baggage clearance area, declare ur items to customs. sometimes they require a license.
also, make sure ur weapon has a red tip at the barrel. if not, they wont allow.
if in doubt, contact SPF's Licensing Division.

if u r shipping from other countries, ask ur seller to list as toys or toy guns.
ensure weapons have red tip.
if customs have issues, they will contact u.
same tip, if in doubt, contact SPF's licensing Division. no one on this forum will be able to assure u tht their advice are 100% safe.

if u r shipping from other countries, ask ur seller to list as toys or toy guns.
ensure weapons have red tip.
if customs have issues, they will contact u.
same tip, if in doubt, contact SPF's licensing Division. no one on this forum will be able to assure u tht their advice are 100% safe.

u do know 1/6 is the small miniature ones right.

TS. it's fine ordered and brought in physically. no problem.

thanks, what should i ask the seller to label it as?

Also, if i bring in miniature metal rounds, would there be a problem?
my friend got stuck at customs cos he brought his trumpet mouthpiece overseas :/

thanks, what should i ask the seller to label it as?

Also, if i bring in miniature metal rounds, would there be a problem?
my friend got stuck at customs cos he brought his trumpet mouthpiece overseas :/

1/6th metal rounds?

usually mine is labelled toys/action figure by seller.

Are you getting it shipped or bringing it yourself.

Just declare that to the custom, that is the easiest and safest route to take...

But since it was a 1/6 miniature toy, I don't think the custom would have any problem with that.

1/6th metal rounds?

usually mine is labelled toys/action figure by seller.

Are you getting it shipped or bringing it yourself.

ah. thanks.

i'm buying it from ebay, not bringing in myself. just don't want to get it stuck there. my dad's lasers got stuck once at the customs, so a little apprehensive.

yup metal rounds: LB04 1/6 Scale Dr.Figures MG Full Metal Ammo Links 50 Rounds 7.62 FREE SHIPPING | eBay

but they are tiny and obviously won't hurt anyone. but i thought you can't bring in metal rounds to singapore. i've seen plastic ones. just thought metal ones would look more authentic.

ah. thanks.

i'm buying it from ebay, not bringing in myself. just don't want to get it stuck there. my dad's lasers got stuck once at the customs, so a little apprehensive.

yup metal rounds: LB04 1/6 Scale Dr.Figures MG Full Metal Ammo Links 50 Rounds 7.62 FREE SHIPPING | eBay

but they are tiny and obviously won't hurt anyone. but i thought you can't bring in metal rounds to singapore. i've seen plastic ones. just thought metal ones would look more authentic.

no problems. Unless they believe in 1/6th terrorist nothing to worry about. :bsmilie:

1/6 scale is totally fine. No issues at all.
The "rounds" are 1.5cm, FFS. The customs must be high if they stop that.

iRaphael said:
ah. thanks.

Laser are different things totally. It's against the law to own a laser that has a visible beam. Those without are availiable. Thought you can find at coughmuscoughtafa. Your 1/6 just label as toy gun

You could ask black tactical for those rounds you request. I'm sure they have them, in full size some more. maybe they can even pre order for you :D

i knew that. i had the experience of getting my gun keychain held at singapore custom for days since it does not have the red tip and custom didnt believe it so they send it to the licensing division to check. and when i collected it after a week, the officer advised to me to just declare anything that looks like a weapon just to be safe, even if size/color/shape is different.

i knew that. i had the experience of getting my gun keychain held at singapore custom for days since it does not have the red tip and custom didnt believe it so they send it to the licensing division to check. and when i collected it after a week, the officer advised to me to just declare anything that looks like a weapon just to be safe, even if size/color/shape is different.

ok next time i bring in my toy i go customs declare. Now i must buy red paint, magnifying glass and small brush to paint my tiny tip.

got get the officer name?

eleveninth said:
ok next time i bring in my toy i go customs declare. Now i must buy red paint, magnifying glass and small brush to paint my tiny tip.

You mean the maroon's name? :bsmilie:

lol! It's sad but true that a lot of the customs officers know the law even less than most travellers.
Most of them just anyhow apply their own "laws" when they're not sure.

Hi,

First time buying scale models to Singapore, wonder if there would be any issue if I brought in a 1/6 plastic scale model weapon?

Don't want to get stopped at the customs :/ or kena fined..

What should I ask the seller to label it as? just to be safe.

Label it "For self-defence"? :)

nope. but i had to speak with quite a few officers. and they keep looking and examining it. but that was only once. after that incident, didnt have the same problem anymore. i think it depends on your luck on who is on duty.