Bouncing with AF360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with the 360 back in end 2006 and only recently upgraded to the 540 a month ago. I regret never upgrading to the 540 earlier. Now my 360 gathering dust. ;p

If not a frequent flash user, suggest u save the money and get the AF360...walk a few steps backwards and take landscape bounce shot, and then crop.

My AF280T can swivel, but with the OmniBounce on, it will cast a slight shadow to the right of the subject, because the flash is on the left of the subject. With just the bounce flash, the shadows are hidden behind the subject.
That's my observation lah. :)

I'm using AF360 exactly because I don't want to fork too much money on the flash, but still want to stay on Pentax brand.
For portrait, like Hamustar said, I just do it in landscape mode and then crop.
May not be good enough if you really need a certain DOF due to the additional distance.
But to me it it's working just fine.

I started with the 360 back in end 2006 and only recently upgraded to the 540 a month ago. I regret never upgrading to the 540 earlier. Now my 360 gathering dust. ;p

Want to upgarde further .................... to Metz? ;p :bsmilie:

how good is the Metz? Was thinking of getting the 48 or the 58 but not sure which one

I have an older model for the SLR, the 32CT3

48AF-1 and 58AF-1 ...... I heard they are equally good. Both support wireless remote and HSS.

Anyway I am only using the 54MZ4 ........ no wireless, no HSS and no PTTL ........... but the A mode is very accurate .:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.