Black Rapid RS4

HI CS,

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Want to ask the people what had used the BlackRapid system. Is it worth? Its it really good in keeping the camera by your side?

Asking cause I wish to buy a (RS-7 + Brad + Buck)

Planning using on a D3100 + 70 - 200mm VR2

Please advise.

HI CS,

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Want to ask the people what had used the BlackRapid system. Is it worth? Its it really good in keeping the camera by your side?

Asking cause I wish to buy a (RS-7 + Brad + Buck)

Planning using on a D3100 + 70 - 200mm VR2

Please advise.

It is quite convenient to use it with large lenses. I use it with my Sigma 150-500mm which together with the body weighs more than 2.5 Kgs and it is very convenient.

It's not so convenient for lighter lenses as when you mount the strap on the body the lens hangs pointing downwards at an angle.

It is quite convenient to use it with large lenses. I use it with my Sigma 150-500mm which together with the body weighs more than 2.5 Kgs and it is very convenient.

It's not so convenient for lighter lenses as when you mount the strap on the body the lens hangs pointing downwards at an angle.

Thanks for the heads up on the lens pointing down.

I am wondering if it is bad for a heavy lens always applying pressure on the mount area of a small camera body over long period of time while hanging using a blackrapid. Example a 17 - 55 mm on a d3100.

Anyone?

Yeah it's much better rather than neck straps. The lenses mounted will automatically points behind u.
But pretty ex though..
So I convert a Crumpler to works like one.
holding on to a rs4 though.. Lol

Yeah it's much better rather than neck straps. The lenses mounted will automatically points behind u.
But pretty ex though..
So I convert a Crumpler to works like one.
holding on to a rs4 though.. Lol

Ok... Thanks for the info. I will get those 3 things over their website tonight...

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up on the lens pointing down.

I am wondering if it is bad for a heavy lens always applying pressure on the mount area of a small camera body over long period of time while hanging using a blackrapid. Example a 17 - 55 mm on a d3100.

Anyone?

Usually the lenses heavier than 1 kg come with a tripod mount and I would suggest you use that to attach the strap. For lenses lighter than that, it should be fine as long as you don't do thing like run with it. ;)

Just buy the RS4 complete set ..

To have $3K-$4K worth of equipment dangling from your waist, i rather get the original RS4 which is built specifically for carrying your expensive equipment.

It would be really pound foolish if your equipment drops to the floor because off a wrong stitch or a fastener breaks...

Just buy the RS4 complete set ..

To have $3K-$4K worth of equipment dangling from your waist, i rather get the original RS4 which is built specifically for carrying your expensive equipment.

It would be really pound foolish if your equipment drops to the floor because off a wrong stitch or a fastener breaks...

But complete set has been known to come loose, and camera crash to the floor too...

See http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6950299&postcount=42

then its user wish if he choose a mod version or the Blackrapid version..
Just a friendly discussion here.

This is what I did with mine:

CIMG0229.jpg
CIMG0230.jpg

I find the FR-3 holding real tight especially after wetting it with water, so I decided to just loop the carabiner around the CR-2 and R-strap instead of the usual string/carabiner combo through the camera eyelet and R-Strap.

where did you get that ring? is it solid?

For guy using the RS-7, how do you all secure the quick release at the back? I find that it's a rather stupid idea to put a quick release there

appleshem said:
May i ask, RS-4, and RS-7 which one would you prefer? why?

I chose the RS-7 because of the thicker padding, some of my friends don't like the padding and prefer the RS-4 padding instead, very personal taste haha

appleshem said:
where did you get that ring? is it solid?

Yes, it's solid enough. I shook the set-up with only that round carabiner attached and there was no evidence of deformation on the ring. My heaviest load is around 3kg.

Unfortunately, I can't recall where and how I got that carabiner. I just remember it stashed somewhere in my drawers. Sorry about that.

Oh yeah, for those who are planning to get the FR-T1, read this first:

http://www.blackrapid.com/buzz/announcements/fr-t1-update/
As of November 18, 2010 (just a little over 2 months ago).

It's $35 at CP. Very ex for something so small, so don't just buy and go. Bring your Manfrottos and test the item first before committing. It is sealed so we have to ask nicely if we can test. :)

Hi if anyone going for the upgrade, I'm interested to get ur fr2 or fr3.

is there a way (eg.by means of adapter) of not needing to unscrew the fastener when mounted on monopod/tripod?