Billingham Hadley Pro review

i just drop by Chan today too, got the pro in the end.
i think u came in the noon?
i had a hard time deciding the black or kahki.
any ways a very nice guy chan is..

Tested it out & the bag has enough space to accomodate the omd bottom grip aswell. How to save space is to insert spare batt inside bottom grip.

I had hard time deciding between pure black or black with brownish tan finishing. In the end took the one with the tan finishing. I was quite blur when i reached his 'shop'. Thot i got the address wrong.

Hi Johnbon,

I am thinking of getting the Hadley pro for my E-M5 as well. I have the 7-14/f4, 25/f1.4, 45/f1.8, 12-50/f3.5-6.3, 100-300/f4.0-5.6 and an incoming 14/f2.5. What will I be able to fit it at one time?

got my hadley from Chan today (small version) perfect for omd with flash and side grip and got space for 3 lens 12mm 25mm and the old 14-45mm lens

Also enough space for spare batt and my WB cap. Have not test if install bottom grip whether ok or not

Hi Johnbon,

I am thinking of getting the Hadley pro for my E-M5 as well. I have the 7-14/f4, 25/f1.4, 45/f1.8, 12-50/f3.5-6.3, 100-300/f4.0-5.6 and an incoming 14/f2.5. What will I be able to fit it at one time?

I bought the small version so only can fit the 3 lenses and other stuff I mention. You may need to buy the medium or large version to fit so many things. Anyway no worries just bring all ur stuff to chan office and u can test out if all ur stuff can fit into the bag. Chan is a very nice chap and accomodating

I bought the small version so only can fit the 3 lenses and other stuff I mention. You may need to buy the medium or large version to fit so many things. Anyway no worries just bring all ur stuff to chan office and u can test out if all ur stuff can fit into the bag. Chan is a very nice chap and accomodating

second tat..
but the packington might be the choice for u

I have both the small and pro.

For small I can fit in:

EM5 (mount with20/1.7) and 25/1.4 in the centre slot created by padding, 7-14 plus 45/1.8 on one left slot and the FL600R flash (or 100-300 or 12-50 plus small flash from EM5) on the right slot. The 100-300 will be a bit tight after fitting in all the stuff. Note that I cannot afford to bring my full grip to this EM5 along. I can still squeeze in along without the vertical grip. Normally I will just bring the EM5 + 20/1.7 + 25/1.4 + 7-14 + 45/1.8 + 12-50 along with small, plus small flash.

For pro:

All of the above. Meaning EM5 + full grip + 7-14 + 20/1.7 + 25/1.4 + 45/1.8 + 12-50 + 100-300 + FL600R + small flash. FL600R will be placed in one of the 2 front pockets. Batteries, SD card and lens cleaning/blower stuff in the other. A bit heavy but can carry for short period. You might need an additional padding to cushion the 100-300 from the 45/1.8 (which I left it unmount from the EM5) on the right or left slots. Basically, it will fit in all you stuff in short and if you need an additional flash for yourself, you can still use the front pockets.

I bought the pro and like it a lot. I can fit all my gear in. I don't have the grip or FL600R yet.

I have both the small and pro.

For small I can fit in:

EM5 (mount with20/1.7) and 25/1.4 in the centre slot created by padding, 7-14 plus 45/1.8 on one left slot and the FL600R flash (or 100-300 or 12-50 plus small flash from EM5) on the right slot. The 100-300 will be a bit tight after fitting in all the stuff. Note that I cannot afford to bring my full grip to this EM5 along. I can still squeeze in along without the vertical grip. Normally I will just bring the EM5 + 20/1.7 + 25/1.4 + 7-14 + 45/1.8 + 12-50 along with small, plus small flash.

For pro:

All of the above. Meaning EM5 + full grip + 7-14 + 20/1.7 + 25/1.4 + 45/1.8 + 12-50 + 100-300 + FL600R + small flash. FL600R will be placed in one of the 2 front pockets. Batteries, SD card and lens cleaning/blower stuff in the other. A bit heavy but can carry for short period. You might need an additional padding to cushion the 100-300 from the 45/1.8 (which I left it unmount from the EM5) on the right or left slots. Basically, it will fit in all you stuff in short and if you need an additional flash for yourself, you can still use the front pockets.

This bag is great. Sleek vintage style. Not only it can be used for camera gear, i used it to store my general items when going out. The Metal part on the sling may get a little annoying sometimes as it will press on your shoulders (depending on the length). I'm thinking of getting the shoulder pad, it might just solve the problem

Shoulder pad is a must. More comfortable and looks sweeter

My shoulder pad still new but one of the button is broken. Does anyone know how i can claim warranty or have it repaired?

I have the black hadley pro with the shoulder strap.

Lovely bag and fits in well when I'm out and about.

Anyway I'm able to fit in D700, 85mm, 24-70mm, 35mm and a flash if I want. However, it will be quite heavy with all those in there!

Can someone pls tell me where to find Chan and also send me his contacts?

can anybody tell me if hadley pro able to fit macbook pro 15" with the insert? cos most of the review only mentioned abt 13"...

anyone care to share how much they got their hadley pro from chan's? anyway to nego with him? cos the $380 tag seems a little steep..

anyone care to share how much they got their hadley pro from chan's? anyway to nego with him? cos the $380 tag seems a little steep..

i do not think pk chan will entertain any price bargaining, unless you are buying 10 over bags from him.

I had to go with a Hadley Large as my laptop is 15". A solid purchase. +1 on shoulder pad... makes carrying it all day much nicer.