Billingham Hadley Pro review

Is the billingham hadley pro can accommodate D700 with nikkor 24-70mm attached in body and the sb900 flash???

Yes you can but it's gonna be tight. D700 + 24-70mm+SB900 can fit into the Hadley Pro but without the grip and the 24-70mm Hood has to be reversed. Suggest you go for a 307 or 335 for more room.

i managed to fit.... wait for it! these items into my Billingham Hadley Pro:

1x Alpha A850 body
1x SAL35F14G
1x Minolta 70-210 AF (Beercan)
1x NEX-5N with SEL1855 kit lens
1x Instax Mini 50s with 4 extra packs of film

plus other stuff like cigarettes, iPod, blower, lens pens, tissue paper, notepad and pens..

:eek: This is nice. Thanks for sharing.

kei1309 said:

1x Alpha A850 body
1x SAL35F14G

plus other stuff like cigarettes, iPod, blower, lens pens, tissue paper, notepad and pens..

Can take pic of ur bag with all these stuffs? Im curious how u fit them all in. Haha

If you are not using the battery grip on the D700, you should have no problem accommodate the body with the 24-70mm attached. Otherwise, you will need to store the lens and the body separately. Regardless of the configuration, you will have to keep the SB900 flash separate.

I normally store mine in this order when i use this bag (instead of the 24-70mm, the pic here will show the 135mm). Accessories are all thrown into the front pockets. There is also a compartment at the back of the inside for me to put my iPad.

6954748959_3a87776814_b.jpg

Is the billingham hadley pro can accommodate D700 with nikkor 24-70mm attached in body and the sb900 flash???

I have owned a Hadley Pro Khaki (Canvas) for about 2 years.
My max equipment I managed to squeeze into this bag (in the main compartment) without looking very bulging (but will be quite tight) are:

D700 with grip
24-70mm 2.8
70-200mm 2.8
50mm 1.4

Nowadays I just put in 1 body, and 1-2 prime lens for street shoot.
If going for proper shoots, will carry a backpack, shoulders can't handle that load for long, and getting...unfit lol!

Great review! Now thinking over the pro or the large.

Prefer the size of the large (too used to oversized messenger bag and i'm 1.75) but love the rear zippered pocket of the pro. :( hmm decisions decisions.

I got the Hadley Pro a few months ago. The handle is really, really worth it. I don't use the back pocket much, only documents which I don't carry much of. If I do, I just throw it behind the padded insert. The front pockets can put a lot of stuff. Even though my bag is smaller, it gets quite heavy if stuffed full. Once I bought my Mamiya 645 and 3 lenses out for a day... Bag only 2/3 full but shoulder dying haha

Now I got myself a Domke F2 also if I really need more space. Padding is scarce but a lot lighter. Useful if I want to stuff a sweater inside.

If you are not using the battery grip on the D700, you should have no problem accommodate the body with the 24-70mm attached. Otherwise, you will need to store the lens and the body separately. Regardless of the configuration, you will have to keep the SB900 flash separate.

I normally store mine in this order when i use this bag (instead of the 24-70mm, the pic here will show the 135mm). Accessories are all thrown into the front pockets. There is also a compartment at the back of the inside for me to put my iPad.

6954748959_3a87776814_b.jpg

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

I love its design. The bag looks big exteriorly but seems like it's suitable for only 1 DSLR + 1 lens (mid to telephoto or f/2.8 zoom) + 1 flash (without having to squeeze) ? Is there any space for lens hood?

Btw, where do you guys buy your bag? Doesn't seem to have a local distributor for it.

Thanks!

Was contemplating between the large and the pro too. after trying out the pro and realized it is a tad too small for my purpose thus I went for the large. I enjoy using it everyday as my workbag. On casual family day, i only load in a X100 + flash. Gallons of space left for whatever that pops up and the bag is super light. went the time comes for shooting, in goes my D700, 24-70, 70-200 + flash and still manage to load in x100. spare batt and a water bottle 500ml. Still walkable and not too bloated after loading.

David said:

I love its design. The bag looks big exteriorly but seems like it's suitable for only 1 DSLR + 1 lens (mid to telephoto or f/2.8 zoom) + 1 flash (without having to squeeze) ? Is there any space for lens hood?

Btw, where do you guys buy your bag? Doesn't seem to have a local distributor for it.

Thanks!

Check out the Billingham wanna-buys! Thread.

Hi David,

You are most welcome and the Billingham is a beautiful bag. I went for the pro instead of the large because I want it to be less obvious to the public eyes that this is a camera bag. Also, the pro has the handle on the top of the bag for hand carry (I think the large lacks that if my memory serves me correctly).

Btw, if you are looking for a local distributor, you can call up this number. I cannot remember the name of this nice gentleman (P.K. or something). Just give him a call before you pay him a visit as he roams around in Singapore. I remember he sells Quantum flashes also. Here it is:

Yip Chieng Trading Services
17A Jalan Selamat
Singapore 418538
Tel: +65 6441 9560
Fax: +65 6441 2019
E-mail: photopk@singnet.com.sg

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Dan

Thanks!

any one knows if the hadley large can fit a 7D mounted with 70-200L f4?

i'm looking at this and f1.4 but the latter has a shallower height, don't think can fit the above setup. :(

tecnica said:
any one knows if the hadley large can fit a 7D mounted with 70-200L f4?

i'm looking at this and f1.4 but the latter has a shallower height, don't think can fit the above setup. :(

When i brought my Hadley Large to Seoul I only brought a D300 + 35mm but I am guessing the 70-200 f/4 + 7D might be abit of a tight fit height wise. Still doable though. An alternative is to drop Billingham an email to ask them. They are very responsive in general.

1x Alpha A850 body
1x SAL35F14G

update: now it's

1x Alpha A850 body
1x SAL35F14G
1x NEX-7 with SEL1855 kit lens

plus other stuff like cigarettes, iPod, blower, lens pens, tissue paper, notepad and pens.

as you can see below:
DSC_0480.JPG

and here:
DSC_0482.JPG

Left-side - Instax 50s, 4 packs of film, NEX-7 with SEL1855

Middle - Minolta 70-210 AF

Right-side - SAL35F14G and A850

Behind insert - Notebook

Left Pouch - Lens Pens, Blower, Cloth, Pens, Flashlight

Right Pouch - Mobile Phone Portable Charger, Phone Cable, Cigarettes, Memory Cards, Gatsby Facial Wipes, Spare Camera batteries (NEX, A850 and Instax 50s)

Accessory Pouch - iPoh Touch. my keys go in there too

Last edited:
Hi, I was thinking of getting the Pro, thou I have a 7 million.

Can I fit a 5DM3 fitted with 24-105 and another prime lens in the Pro? I prefer low profile and small and I consider the 7 million quite big to my likings..

Thanks,

Hi, I was thinking of getting the Pro, thou I have a 7 million.

Can I fit a 5DM3 fitted with 24-105 and another prime lens in the Pro? I prefer low profile and small and I consider the 7 million quite big to my likings..

Thanks,

Yes, can fit with the hood attached.

got my hadley from Chan today (small version) perfect for omd with flash and side grip and got space for 3 lens 12mm 25mm and the old 14-45mm lens

Also enough space for spare batt and my WB cap. Have not test if install bottom grip whether ok or not